IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New wheels installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-15, 03:27 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
The IS-F is a big body car, its not a slender little sports coupe. I think putting small little wheels on the car looks a little goofy. As for forged 18-19 inch wheels vs these in 20", the weight is not really an issue for me, as I am not chasing fractions of a second while driving from my house to work and back everyday. Another member in the 3IS forums weighed his new flow formed 20" VFS1's and they came in at a very minimal 3.6lbs heavier total combined weight for a set of 4 wheels then stock forged 19" ISF wheels. For an inch wider and inch taller in the front, and 1.5" wider and an inch taller then OEMS in the rear its really not bad. For reference forged BBS RE's in 20x10.5 weigh 24.9lbs (a 0.7lb difference when compared to the rear weight on his 20" vossen VFS1 and $746 more expensive for just 1 wheel). Not really worth it IMHO, again unless your chasing fractions of a second.

Use this chart for reference http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

The chart shows the difference between an 18" and 19" wheel on a VW Golf, weighing in at 3LBS difference per wheel and tire, and 0-60 time doesn't change, 60-0 time doesn't change, standing 1/4 doesn't change, and 0-100 gets .1 seconds slower with the bigger wheels. Again almost no change besides 0-100 speed being .1 second slower, its so marginal that it doesn't even matter.
The Vossen wheels are no doubt high quality wheels and it seems like there is basically no weight penalty. Big thumbs up. They were my first choice when I had my IS350 but ended up with a set of Velgen's because I got a great deal on them. I was just commenting on the looks, to me the style seems more like VIP so that's why I said they didn't seem to quite match up with the IS-F's sporting intentions. I'm sorry if that came out wrong in any way, my apologies if I offended somehow.

I'm the minority here, I'm a pretty big fan of the stock IS-F wheels, maybe that's why my opinion is skewed. lol.

Last I don't consider the IS-F as being a big body car, I parked next to a GT-R and it made my car look like a Smart car. lol. Godzilla is a very fitting name for it.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-27-15 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 03:48 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
The Vossen wheels are no doubt high quality wheels and it seems like there is basically no weight penalty. Big thumbs up. They were my first choice when I had my IS350 but ended up with a set of Velgen's because I got a great deal on them. I was just commenting on the looks, to me the style seems more like VIP so that's why I said they didn't seem to quite match up with the IS-F's sporting intentions. I'm sorry if that came out wrong in any way, my apologies if I offended somehow.

I'm the minority here, I'm a pretty big fan of the stock IS-F wheels, maybe that's why my opinion is skewed. lol.

Last I don't consider the IS-F as being a big body car, I parked next to a GT-R and it made my car look like a Smart car. lol. Godzilla is a very fitting name for it.
You didn't offend me bro! I think from a distance they slightly remind me of the bmw alpina b7 wheels, but thats only from a distance. I have had other cars, like g37 coupes, 350z, 370z, and vettes and the ISF seems a lot more bulky to me overall. I parked it next to the RCF and it looked a little less wide then that, I could be wrong though lol.
Old 02-27-15, 03:57 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Here's a couple pics of it clean!
Name:  YJZTlgL.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  Ldk0ZoA.jpg
Size:  100.1 KB
Name:  pGnBatK.jpg
Size:  101.5 KB
Name:  luT7fQD.jpg
Size:  90.5 KB
Name:  0WX0kqR.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  95.4 KB

Notice the front lip literally like 2 mm from scraping that concrete step up. My new house is being built right now and it will not have a concrete step up so I may go lower then
Old 02-28-15, 12:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looking good bro. I still have that gloss enhancer for you . I think you will like it.
Old 03-01-15, 11:05 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
looking good bro. I still have that gloss enhancer for you . I think you will like it.
Haha yeah man I keep forgetting about it! Next time we meet I will grab it, thanks again for getting that for me, I really appreciate it! I am excited to use it!
Old 03-02-15, 03:52 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking good dude.

Liking the red lugs against the black as well.

Very nice indeed!

Here's hoping I get back to Phoenix again for work this year!

If so, I really need to see this in person!

Really like what you're doing mate. Very similar to what I am doing to mine.
Old 03-02-15, 05:52 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Looks good, and yes nice touch on the red nuts.
Old 03-02-15, 08:14 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looking good dude.

Liking the red lugs against the black as well.

Very nice indeed!

Here's hoping I get back to Phoenix again for work this year!

If so, I really need to see this in person!

Thanks man! Let me know if you do!

Really like what you're doing mate. Very similar to what I am doing to mine.
Originally Posted by roswell
Looks good, and yes nice touch on the red nuts.
I appreciate it man!
Old 03-02-15, 08:28 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Notice the front lip literally like 2 mm from scraping that concrete step up. My new house is being built right now and it will not have a concrete step up so I may go lower then
A good time to start getting in the habit of backing in spot with a curb or parking block!

The wheels do look good btw. The CV3 design never really caught me but I think these are really nice. Even though they are quite a bit different, at first glance they kind of reminded me of HRE P43SCs, which I love.
Old 03-02-15, 08:58 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sean
A good time to start getting in the habit of backing in spot with a curb or parking block!

The wheels do look good btw. The CV3 design never really caught me but I think these are really nice. Even though they are quite a bit different, at first glance they kind of reminded me of HRE P43SCs, which I love.
Thanks Sean! I definitely try to back in as often as possible Then I know exactly how much space I have with my backup cam and no damaged lip! Luckily, AZ is pretty flat for the most part! Thanks bro, I appreciate the compliments on them
Old 03-02-15, 12:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

park it gangster style. LOL in case you need to get out quickly lol or you have a nice lip you dont want to damage
Old 03-02-15, 01:38 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I retract my previous opinion after seeing the updated pics, the car looks great with these wheels RedlineAZ.

Great stance, and like you said it kinda does remind of the Alpina wheels.
Old 03-02-15, 06:14 PM
Jamakan
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I opened this hoping you went with the 19x9.5/11s setup. was really close to pulling the trigger on them but decided to order some wedssport sa15r. Yours setup looks nice. Seems like you could go with a wider tire in the rear when you change!
Old 03-03-15, 10:16 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
park it gangster style. LOL in case you need to get out quickly lol or you have a nice lip you dont want to damage
Haha my car is fast in reverse too bro!!! lol

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
I retract my previous opinion after seeing the updated pics, the car looks great with these wheels RedlineAZ.

Great stance, and like you said it kinda does remind of the Alpina wheels.
Thanks bro! I appreciate it! After driving it around for days, they still look incredibly cleaner then the CV3's, not from an anesthetics aspect, but they look like they physically stay cleaner as well, as the dirty barrels aren't as visible and the gloss either hides the dust better or it doesn't stick as easily to it lol because they are keeping surprisingly clean!

Originally Posted by Jamakan
I opened this hoping you went with the 19x9.5/11s setup. was really close to pulling the trigger on them but decided to order some wedssport sa15r. Yours setup looks nice. Seems like you could go with a wider tire in the rear when you change!
Thanks man! I like 19's, but since I'm not slammed I wanted to decrease the wheel gap with some bigger wheels. I could potentially do a 295 or 305, but it squats pretty good and used to rub at stock height on 285's until I rolled the fenders, I am worried the wider tire will start to rub again, especially since I'm slightly lowered now too.
Old 05-15-15, 06:51 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, so clean with the VFS2. Nice choice man.

Quick Reply: New wheels installed