IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New wheels installed

Old 02-26-15, 06:48 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess im the odd man out, Personally, I don't think Vossen makes any wheel that looks good on the ISF.
Old 02-26-15, 04:10 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
I guess im the odd man out, Personally, I don't think Vossen makes any wheel that looks good on the ISF.
You like those JDM wheels
Old 02-27-15, 04:03 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
You like those JDM wheels
I love me some JDM wheels but honestly, I cant place it on the Vossens. Maby its just the size and the wheels being a full face with no lip.

one person out of many means you're doing it right though
Old 02-27-15, 06:03 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Just picked up gloss graphite CVT's off of diego yesterday. cant wait to put them on. pics to come!
Old 02-27-15, 06:42 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Biggu
I love me some JDM wheels but honestly, I cant place it on the Vossens. Maby its just the size and the wheels being a full face with no lip.

one person out of many means you're doing it right though
I used to be all about the lips I've transitioned into concave wheels now because every wheel I've had with a lip would have little issues (like a rock would end up denting my lip, or the finish would peel for some reason (probably because they held water), or the lips would bend. Yeah 19"s-22"s are pretty big, but we have a big body car I appreciate it bro
Old 02-27-15, 06:43 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Isflamez
Just picked up gloss graphite CVT's off of diego yesterday. cant wait to put them on. pics to come!
Awesome dude! You will be the first to rock those gloss graphites! That color was just released in the CVT's! Post pics when you mount them bro!
Old 02-27-15, 10:16 AM
PiusGS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Those look very clean. I like rims with a lot of spokes. How does it ride?
Old 02-27-15, 10:35 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PiusGS
Congrats! Those look very clean. I like rims with a lot of spokes. How does it ride?
Thanks man! It rides really smooth I had them roadforce balanced and with some good rubber on them they are excellent! I really like the multiple spokes too! Most of my wheels had the mesh appearance, and when I got the CV3's they were really simple and clean 5 spokes, but once my car got dirty, because of all the brake dust from our cars the wheels had a lot of brake dust caked on the inside of the barrels and it was super noticeable with the lack of spokes. The new wheels have more spokes so the wheel weights are hidden now, and the dust inside the barrels is really hidden now, so I am super excited!
Old 02-27-15, 10:49 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey dude.

How about switching your pads to Hawk ceramics?

Just been told they are now offering rear pads to match the fronts!

Considerably less brake dust than the OEM pads.

I have them on the fronts, but not the rears yet.

Worth a try to help keep those new rims looking sweet!
Old 02-27-15, 11:39 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking to get a set for my IS350 back in the days, they do look nice...but..

This is strictly my personal opinion, I think they don't quite suit the IS-F.

They look more like VIP wheels, where they seem more at home on an IS250 or 350 with airbags slammed to the ground.

The IS-F is a track oriented performance tool, so lightweight forged wheels seem to suit it better instead of large 20+ inchers.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. Then again to me there aren't many aftermarket wheels that go well with the IS-F, the factory did a pretty bang on job with their stock wheel designs.
Old 02-27-15, 12:11 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
I was looking to get a set for my IS350 back in the days, they do look nice...but..

They look more like VIP wheels, where they seem more at home on an IS250 or 350 with airbags slammed to the ground.

The IS-F is a track oriented performance tool, so lightweight forged wheels seem to suit it better instead of large 20+ inchers.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. Then again to me there aren't many aftermarket wheels that go well with the IS-F, the factory did a pretty bang on job with their stock wheel designs.
Except maybe Wedsport SA67R's!

Lighter than stock, and owned it would seem by Toyota!
Old 02-27-15, 12:33 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Except maybe Wedsport SA67R's!

Lighter than stock, and owned it would seem by Toyota!
Yes sir, the SA67R's are probably the the only wheels I'd get for the F besides stock. Delicious!
Old 02-27-15, 01:21 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS

The IS-F is a big body car, its not a slender little sports coupe. I think putting small little wheels on the car looks a little goofy. As for forged 18-19 inch wheels vs these in 20", the weight is not really an issue for me, as I am not chasing fractions of a second while driving from my house to work and back everyday. Another member in the 3IS forums weighed his new flow formed 20" VFS1's and they came in at a very minimal 3.6lbs heavier total combined weight for a set of 4 wheels then stock forged 19" ISF wheels. For an inch wider and inch taller in the front, and 1.5" wider and an inch taller then OEMS in the rear its really not bad. For reference forged BBS RE's in 20x10.5 weigh 24.9lbs (a 0.7lb difference when compared to the rear weight on his 20" vossen VFS1 and $746 more expensive for just 1 wheel). Not really worth it IMHO, again unless your chasing fractions of a second.

Use this chart for reference http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

The chart shows the difference between an 18" and 19" wheel on a VW Golf, weighing in at 3LBS difference per wheel and tire, and 0-60 time doesn't change, 60-0 time doesn't change, standing 1/4 doesn't change, and 0-100 gets .1 seconds slower with the bigger wheels. Again almost no change besides 0-100 speed being .1 second slower, its so marginal that it doesn't even matter.

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 02-27-15 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 01:25 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Hey dude.

How about switching your pads to Hawk ceramics?

Just been told they are now offering rear pads to match the fronts!

Considerably less brake dust than the OEM pads.

I have them on the fronts, but not the rears yet.

Worth a try to help keep those new rims looking sweet!
I was thinking about it man! I hear really good things about the Project Mu's too, but do you know if they make em in the rear? Thats great that Hawk pads have rears now, I will have to research how the Hawks compare to the project mu's?
Old 02-27-15, 01:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think these wheels make the car look more high end. When I see the Volks and some of the Rays wheels on the ISF it just makes the car look more like a cheaper tuner car to me. Not feeling the JDM wheels I have seen unless its a classy mesh style . I love the Vossen wheels look ( I had 2 sets of 22's on my LS460. Concave and lipped). If I bought wheels today I would most likely rock the same wheels Redline in rolling on. Just classy looking , modern styling with the concave design, and the right size. Those wheels fill up the fender SOOO much better then a set of oem stocks without spacers . Redline you nailed it, man .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New wheels installed