IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: What type of meet interests you the most?
Track meet at VIR
40.00%
Social meet in Baltimore
60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

East Coast Mega Meet Part II?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 04:38 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts
Default East Coast Mega Meet Part II?

As I sit here reminiscing about the great meet we had almost 2 years ago, I'm wondering if we could ever pull it off again? I think we made a couple of attempts at planning it, but the interest just wasn't there. I know we also planned a mid-atlantic meet that fell apart at the last minute (I didn't even attend) due to some weather issues.

More than likely I'll be making a trip or two up to Baltimore this year and know that might be a good halfway point for a lot of people our members (pretty easy to get to from New York and North Carolina). I would suggest something to encompass the entire East Coast, but I realize it's very doubtful that we'll get people from New England and Florida to drive 500+ miles to meet anywhere. That said, we can get a large portion of our membership to make the 200 mile drive from NYC or Virginia Beach up to B'More, and a lot of people already live in the DC/Baltimore metro area.

Any interest in a Baltimore East Coast meet?

edit:
Another idea has surfaced to perhaps do a track meet at VIR instead of a more social gathering in Baltimore. Obviously there are more logistics (and expenses) involved with organizing a VIR meet, but there may be more interest in that than meeting up in Baltimore. I added a poll to this thread to get more feedback from our membership to see who is interested in what.

Here's a video and thread link to remind everyone how cool it was in Dover, DE!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ver-de-36.html

Last edited by vbb; 02-18-15 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-18-15, 04:54 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of organizing a meet, why don't we try to set up a track event at VIR. There will be fewer cars but I'm sure we will get a good group together. You can host the "first ISF track event" we can leave the invitation open to other Lexus drivers as well. It's just a thought.
Old 02-18-15, 05:24 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

I think this is a great idea, especially since the ISF community has grown tremendously.
A track event at VIR is also a great idea. Maybe try to combine both...
Old 02-18-15, 07:26 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would be happy to host this at our facility. There is more than enough parking for hundreds if not thousands of cars. Would be cool to meet up then go on a cruise around the 695 beltway or something like that.
Old 02-18-15, 08:55 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If we can meet at a parking lot large enough in Maryland, we could get an Auto-X organized?
Old 02-18-15, 09:00 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by JE
We would be happy to host this at our facility. There is more than enough parking for hundreds if not thousands of cars. Would be cool to meet up then go on a cruise around the 695 beltway or something like that.
I was thinking of reaching out to your shop if/when the decision to go to Baltimore was made. Thank you for the offer to host! We are obviously very much in the infancy stage of planning anything, but if the will of the group is to meet in Baltimore instead of VIR, my wish list would be to have a social meetup/picnic where we could all get to know each other and see old friends, take some pictures, then cruise somewhere to a driving event (be it an auto-x or a drag strip... something close by), and then have the night for those that want to stay in town maybe at Maryland Live or somewhere like that. Personally, because I'm a golf nut, I'd probably set up a tee time the next day to play a round before driving back home too. I'd be making a whole weekend out of the trip.

But that's just my wish list. We'll see what others are interested in doing.
Old 02-18-15, 04:46 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

I'm down for both. I would prefer VIR since I could bring the F and my race car....hehe. Either way I can help in any capacity as I call VIR my second home away from the DC metro area.
Old 02-18-15, 04:47 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

The good thing about a track meet at VIR is that it could encompass 2 days of fun. Especially if we latch on to the Porsche Club of America. They put on some great festivities to include dinner Friday and Saturday nights with a happy hour before!! Can't beat that!
Old 02-19-15, 12:37 PM
kirk200
Driver

I'd be interested in a VIR meet...
- Kirk
Old 02-19-15, 03:13 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

If I am not traveling on the day we plan a VIR meet, I WILL BE THERE. Sounds like a great idea.
Old 02-19-15, 06:48 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Yeah, I would be willing to make the trip up. Would really love to drive VIR. Had some great national meets with BMW groups in the past.
Old 02-19-15, 07:14 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Well I just bought ISfast's Enkei PF01 18x9.5 +45 wheels today. All I need is to slap some Toyo R888 rubber on them and I will be ready for VIR...oh, and I need to get some new rotors & pads first too.
Old 02-20-15, 04:32 AM
vbb

Honestly, I'm guessing we could probably do both depending on the interest. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do both anyway. I just need to get another set of wheels/tires for VIR.
Old 02-20-15, 05:25 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vbb
I was thinking of reaching out to your shop if/when the decision to go to Baltimore was made. Thank you for the offer to host! We are obviously very much in the infancy stage of planning anything, but if the will of the group is to meet in Baltimore instead of VIR, my wish list would be to have a social meetup/picnic where we could all get to know each other and see old friends, take some pictures, then cruise somewhere to a driving event (be it an auto-x or a drag strip... something close by), and then have the night for those that want to stay in town maybe at Maryland Live or somewhere like that. Personally, because I'm a golf nut, I'd probably set up a tee time the next day to play a round before driving back home too. I'd be making a whole weekend out of the trip.

But that's just my wish list. We'll see what others are interested in doing.
Sounds good. Yeah just keep it in mind. We would like to attend in some capacity no matter where it ends up being on the east coast so if we can help in any way just speak up! We have a lot of track connections and I have a great relationship with VIR so I'm going to send an email now to see if I can get some more info/dates. I'll let you know what we come up with on our end.
Old 02-20-15, 07:06 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbb
Honestly, I'm guessing we could probably do both depending on the interest. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do both anyway. I just need to get another set of wheels/tires for VIR.
vbb if you want to use my set you can. I have the stock wheels with PSS and my aftermarket wheels with RE-11's. You're more than welcome to use either.

Quick Reply: East Coast Mega Meet Part II?