IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My F has been a Victim... Repeatedly >:O

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 03:44 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I feel for you, more than you can know. Crap like this is why I always park at an end spot, up against a curb...I will walk an extra mile if necessary. That and I have a big garage now with a really good security system (I know that can't be helped for many, but as soon as I could afford to build a house, I drew up the designs for one with a 1000 sq/ft garage...lol)
Old 02-16-15, 04:20 PM
lifethinkr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought small claims court was only for claims under $500. That's what Judge Judy says anyway. I'm sorry to hear about all this. Please consider the parking circumstances each time you park a car of this caliber.
Old 02-16-15, 04:37 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

OP and others, I know how feel about careless, disrespectful, etc people. AKA-aholes. I came out to my Bimmer one night and this is how it looked-
My F has been a Victim... Repeatedly >:O-dscn1130.jpg
So far the F has been lucky.
Old 02-16-15, 06:41 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Black is not ur lucky color u might be re-paint or sold that car and get a diff ISF with diff color anyway J/K sorry to see that happen on your car i alway park far away from other people's cars, and i rather walk then seeming my baby hurt like your
Old 02-16-15, 08:22 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Darn!!! Very sorry to see those things happen to you ...People get jealous of our cars!!!

Your luck will change for the better.....

After hearing this, I am going to keep parking away as much as I can from other cars..

I see a garage door... Any reason you do not park it in the garage at night?

If I ever get hit by someone without a Driver's License after hearing this, I am calling the police,
and if he drives off, report him as a hit and run and get his license plate....

On your comprehensive insurance, keep the deductible low at $200. for instances like the vandalism or rocks hitting windshield, or wheel theft, etc...

Cheers and good luck in the future...

Cheers, Z
Old 02-17-15, 07:19 PM
604isf
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your incidents man! The second incidents really pisses me off. I hope you pursue the claim against people like that.

I have so many parking lot incidents as well so I feel your pain! My window has been smashed as well on my old car and there were nothing to steal so nothing got stolen! Just recently my F got scratched and I park so far away from other cars. I just give up sometimes. Really tired of fixing small issues. I might just leave my scratch for a while till summer comes around
Old 02-18-15, 05:46 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your misfortune lately.

One question though, why didn't you call the cops to file a report since the other guy didn't have insurance on him?

I don't know about US, but in Canada that police report is important to the insurance company. They will go after the other driver if he has invalid insurance... that would save you from dealing with this douche.
Old 02-20-15, 02:54 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Some people are garbage...
Old 02-20-15, 04:57 PM
got556
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I honestly feel some cars are just doomed. I had a twin turbo Z that I loved back in the day but everything bad that could happen happened to that car no matter how careful I was. I finally just had to get rid of it so I wouldn't go insane.

I also had a SC'd Z that was nothing but bad luck. Hit black ice and did a 540 on a curb. Three out of four AME Circlar Spec R's, trashed, 4 Falken tires, trashed, one steering knuckle, two Stance coilovers, two SPC control arms, an ABS/Speed sensor, one bumper, and a scratched up Greddy Ti Single Exit, she was back on the road.

Then let the lady of my life at the time, drive it. Curbed two bronze TE37's....

Then I lost all oil pressure and had some serious motor issues for some reasons I'll save for another day.

I got rid of it after it was back in driving condition.
Old 02-21-15, 09:34 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I honestly feel some cars are just doomed. I had a twin turbo Z that I loved back in the day but everything bad that could happen happened to that car no matter how careful I was. I finally just had to get rid of it so I wouldn't go insane.

Originally Posted by got556
I also had a SC'd Z that was nothing but bad luck. Hit black ice and did a 540 on a curb. Three out of four AME Circlar Spec R's, trashed, 4 Falken tires, trashed, one steering knuckle, two Stance coilovers, two SPC control arms, an ABS/Speed sensor, one bumper, and a scratched up Greddy Ti Single Exit, she was back on the road.

Then let the lady of my life at the time, drive it. Curbed two bronze TE37's....

Then I lost all oil pressure and had some serious motor issues for some reasons I'll save for another day.

I got rid of it after it was back in driving condition.

Dude I swear the Z's in general are cursed!!! Mine was freaking MINT until all this, heres the list of whats happened to it:
-The car was keyed 1 once under my ownership
-It was hit and ran twice while parked - one of the times the entire front end was ran over by a lifted truck, the other time it was sideswiped
-14k in suspension and body damage from a curb lol
-Friend bent a wheel of mine (no idea how it wasn't curbed and it was only the lip that was bent)
-Oil consumption required a new motor

Next owner:
-Used the remote start on it and it launched into a house destroying the front end again
-It was keyed under his ownership
-he blew the transmission on it
-it was backed into
-dented on both 1/4 panels
-curbed all the wheels
-then when it was all damaged he took it into a dealer to trade it in, and the dealer didn't latch the hood and it flew open on the freeway and caved the roof in like 10 inches, destroyed the CF fenders, shattered the CF hood, Bent the A pillars, shattered the windshield

And then after all that.....it was professionally repaired and sold on craigslist as a "SHOW CAR" by the new owner . Excellent.
Old 02-22-15, 10:07 AM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Op what city are you in?

I learned the hard way about the radar detector about 5 years ago when i had a C230. Same radar detector and passenger side window as well. I had all my keys in the cup holder which they took too along with my insurance card in the armrest so they had my address. I got another 9500ix and always take it down now, and hardly leave anything in he car anymore.
Old 02-22-15, 02:21 PM
Soopastank
Driver School Candidate

ouch man - sorry for the bad luck
Old 02-24-15, 02:03 PM
etohprn247
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear of all those bad news, I jimmy rigged my Valentine1 very high up near rear view mirror just outta sight, just so this dont happen to me.....so far she has no dents etc, only time shes molested is when I take her to the Stealers for recall.....(The F is in the garage last 4months) I come home just to say hello, smile... anyways karma will get those Fockers. GL