IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 06:35 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarionguy
At least North West SA mentioned to the manager of the situation and the "cost" to the customer - They mentioned I was the first case and if they see it more they will try to reimburse me / others.
Some how I believe once I walked out I will not see that money back??? - maybe one day I will get a surprise call.

Perhaps also once they realize that many 08/09 + all have Valley coolant leak they will consider this a recall since the engine could overheat. Then I'd also get my $1k back.

I got to admit I am quite happy so far that I have not seen my coolant level budge!

All before this other dealerships and mechanics kept telling me its temperature fluctuations or that its normal for it to lose some coolant etc etc ...
I wonder if I show lexus my "complaints for coolant leak" back when I had warranty if I could get the $1k back ..
Those dealerships in the past also wrote "no leaks found" on the work order.
I hope I don't cause ripples by posting this but Northwest called yesterday, and as promised they will be replacing my harness protector free of charge. Called to let me know the part has arrived and booked an appointment for next week.

Side note - I do noticed my oil level reaches 3 bars from 30 minutes of driving compared to last few months around 2 bars.. I hope they were wrong with the radiator going bad. I will be cleaning my engine bay soon and inspect it every month
Old 06-11-15, 07:48 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Just drop the F off at Newport Lexus. Keep you posted.
Old 06-11-15, 10:50 AM
WhyTheF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshv06
I am almost positive they are required to give you a rental and a free tank of gas for recall work. It took 3 full days because they had to have a radiator shipped to the dealer.
So anyone know how long it took for just the ELF Recall?

I'm trying to figure out how many days I get to joyride the loaner for...

Thanks!
Old 06-11-15, 11:08 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

FYI mine was done in a day along with the radiator fan recall.

Here's the latest from me. Lexus gave me the part as requested and I'm going to put it on myself. They didn't dare try and charge me for it. I raised the whole issue as high as I could - to the owner of Woodfield Lexus - and I have yet to hear back from him. It's been a week.

We do what we can. Best of luck to thee and thine with this.
Old 06-11-15, 06:42 PM
edee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by torxuvin
Quoting another. That's the 3rd car in the count as I'm reading through the thread. Please post up if you have noticed this at all. The first few times it happened to me were a few weeks apart and it cleared when I restarted the car.
We took our 2006 IS250 in for the ELF recall on April 29 and got it back April 30. On May 9 the Check VSC light and check engine light came on and the car started sputtering, but was ok. My daughter was sick and trying to get well and leave for a two week mission trip so we weren't able to get back to the dealership immediately - she's two hour away from me with the car.

On May 20, the sputtering was noticeable worse. We parked the car May 21 and took it to the dealership on May 26. I requested the 90K service since we bought the car used and I didn't know if it had been done. MAF loose connection and trash in the fuel line is what I was told caused the issue. Got the car back and it ran beautifully for 5 days. It passed inspection within those 5 days.

On May 31 the Check VSC light came back on. Returned to dealer on June 1, Code P0420 (but car was running well) Report showed catalyst efficiency, catalytic converters working properly. Code cleared.

On 6.7 Check VSC came on again. Took car on 6.8 - P0420 Bank 1 Catalytic Converter Passenger side replaced for close to $1800.

6.9 - Picked up car. Still drives good
6.10 - Check VCS back on.
6.11 Check VCS light off, but came back on as soon as gas tank was filled around noon. At 7:00pm, practically all the warning lights are on and car won't start.

Car was running fine BEFORE the recall was done. Dealership says it's a coincidence. I don't believe it at all. I'm going to have it towed to another Lexus dealership as I don't trust the one here to touch it again since every time they've 'fixed' it, it breaks worse than before.

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. I feel like they've ruined a perfectly good car and I don't know what recourse I have. Plus I've paid around $2500 in the past three weeks for a car that was running fine and now it still isn't. Thanks,

Last edited by edee; 06-11-15 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 07:37 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^Oh my gosh that sounds like a nightmare!! This recall scares the sh!$% out of me with all these stories, now that I actually have my F I don't want it anywhere near the dealership at this moment for this recall!!
Old 06-11-15, 07:40 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katin2
Just drop the F off at Newport Lexus. Keep you posted.
I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Hopefully no broken harness BS.
Old 06-11-15, 08:54 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyTheF
So anyone know how long it took for just the ELF Recall?

I'm trying to figure out how many days I get to joyride the loaner for...

Thanks!
Took right around 4 hours for mine, watched the dash cam at 10x speed to look for anything suspicious
Old 06-11-15, 09:34 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Hopefully no broken harness BS.
No broken harness all seems to be good. I told them a few times about the harness and they said they had notes actually in the recall about it. No complaints at all.
Old 06-11-15, 09:38 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katin2
No broken harness all seems to be good. I told them a few times about the harness and they said they had notes actually in the recall about it. No complaints at all.
That's good to hear! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear a local dealer has good ethics in customer service!
Old 06-12-15, 10:02 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Originally Posted by edee
We took our 2006 IS250 in for the ELF recall on April 29 and got it back April 30. On May 9 the Check VSC light and check engine light came on and the car started sputtering, but was ok. My daughter was sick and trying to get well and leave for a two week mission trip so we weren't able to get back to the dealership immediately - she's two hour away from me with the car.

On May 20, the sputtering was noticeable worse. We parked the car May 21 and took it to the dealership on May 26. I requested the 90K service since we bought the car used and I didn't know if it had been done. MAF loose connection and trash in the fuel line is what I was told caused the issue. Got the car back and it ran beautifully for 5 days. It passed inspection within those 5 days.

On May 31 the Check VSC light came back on. Returned to dealer on June 1, Code P0420 (but car was running well) Report showed catalyst efficiency, catalytic converters working properly. Code cleared.

On 6.7 Check VSC came on again. Took car on 6.8 - P0420 Bank 1 Catalytic Converter Passenger side replaced for close to $1800.

6.9 - Picked up car. Still drives good
6.10 - Check VCS back on.
6.11 Check VCS light off, but came back on as soon as gas tank was filled around noon. At 7:00pm, practically all the warning lights are on and car won't start.

Car was running fine BEFORE the recall was done. Dealership says it's a coincidence. I don't believe it at all. I'm going to have it towed to another Lexus dealership as I don't trust the one here to touch it again since every time they've 'fixed' it, it breaks worse than before.

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. I feel like they've ruined a perfectly good car and I don't know what recourse I have. Plus I've paid around $2500 in the past three weeks for a car that was running fine and now it still isn't. Thanks,
This is horrendous. Thank you for posting your story and good luck.
Old 06-12-15, 01:08 PM
WhyTheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jw669
Took right around 4 hours for mine, watched the dash cam at 10x speed to look for anything suspicious
Cool deal. Yea I'm gonna hard-wire my dashcam to the mirror this weekend so they can't just pull the plug on it...

Gonna take it to Newport Lexus too. We'll see what happens!
Old 06-13-15, 04:28 PM
ckkone
Driver School Candidate

Took my 08' in for an oil change last night to Larry Miller Lexus in Murray, UT was told I needed the fuel and fan recalls done, got a loner for the night and just picked it up. Looks the same as it did before I took it in, nothing cracked or broken. In fact they even replaced a bunch the broken push tabs that hold the engine bay covers down and filled up my tank free of charge...
Old 06-13-15, 05:16 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

^Good to hear another positive experience from less popular dealership. I'm still waiting on a Mobile report. Thinking of dropping mine off there while I'm working in Pensacola for a few days later this month.
Old 06-14-15, 08:28 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Originally Posted by ckkone
In fact they even replaced a bunch the broken push tabs that hold the engine bay covers down and filled up my tank free of charge...
Good to hear.
FYI, all dealerships around me wouldn't let a plastic push tab go for free if I pried it from their cold dead hands...

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*