IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 11:13 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by fstpassat
Took my car to Nalley Lexus of Roswell to have this recall done and they just called me to tell me that they cracked the wiring harness box as discussed in this thread. They were up front about it, but won't have the replacement part in until week. So far I am happy they were proactive about it and as long as they perform the recall without issues and replace the broken box I will be pleased.
I work right down the street from Nalley Roswell and was considering going there for this. I've not heard good things about the other Lexus dealers in the North Atlanta area, so I'd really like to know how this works out for you.
Old 06-08-15, 05:38 AM
wing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe they (Lexus Canada) refuses to pay for damage done during their own recall.

Sorry that's BS. Either the dealer has to cover it or Lexus Canada has to cover it.

I'm going to talk to Mr. Beatty on Friday about this he is the VP of Toyota Canada
Old 06-08-15, 11:47 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wing
I can't believe they (Lexus Canada) refuses to pay for damage done during their own recall.

Sorry that's BS. Either the dealer has to cover it or Lexus Canada has to cover it.

I'm going to talk to Mr. Beatty on Friday about this he is the VP of Toyota Canada
"Hello sir, we are sorry to inform you while performing the ELF recall work, the hoist that your vehicle was on broke and the car fell off. Because the damage happened while performing the recall, Lexus Canada will not cover any damages. Now can you please call a tow truck and remove your car from our shop, thank you"
Old 06-08-15, 07:49 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least North West SA mentioned to the manager of the situation and the "cost" to the customer - They mentioned I was the first case and if they see it more they will try to reimburse me / others.
Some how I believe once I walked out I will not see that money back??? - maybe one day I will get a surprise call.

Perhaps also once they realize that many 08/09 + all have Valley coolant leak they will consider this a recall since the engine could overheat. Then I'd also get my $1k back.

I got to admit I am quite happy so far that I have not seen my coolant level budge!

All before this other dealerships and mechanics kept telling me its temperature fluctuations or that its normal for it to lose some coolant etc etc ...
I wonder if I show lexus my "complaints for coolant leak" back when I had warranty if I could get the $1k back ..
Those dealerships in the past also wrote "no leaks found" on the work order.
Old 06-08-15, 09:59 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Been avoiding this recall for some time now ... but can't renew my registration without getting a proof of correction.

Taking it in to Magnussen Lexus Oakland tomorrow... will record the cover being intact before drop off. Dash cam is also hooked up and ready to go
Old 06-08-15, 10:02 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^Just make sure they don't disconnect your dash cam like another member had his disconnected when he got his car back.
Old 06-10-15, 08:57 AM
Kyle4207
Driver School Candidate

Joe,

Nice write up on the cooling fan fix.

What size and thread pitch were the nylon locking nuts that you added?

Could I put those on after the dealer does their "fix" without taking everything out?

Thanks!

Kyle

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Know you know why I just did my own radiator... And beefed up the colling fan bolts..

Joe Z

Old 06-10-15, 11:12 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Wow, that's a clean '08 engine...
Old 06-10-15, 02:39 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had mine done at Lexus of Escondido on May 29. I need to check to make sure nothing was broken into. I typically have great experiences here and have had no past issues. Customer service is top notch.
Old 06-10-15, 03:02 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my CEL issue was diagnoses and fixed: the harness connector for injector 8, which was removed to seal the coolant valley plate, was loose. Plugged back in after taking the intake manifold apart... again. Car is working great.

World Toyota in Atlanta stepped up after Hennessey Lexus of Atlanta wouldn't even vaguely consider the notion that they did something wrong. Instead they insisted that it was a bad injector, and they wanted 1700+ to replace it. It was only after World Toyota took the engine apart again and demonstrated the problem that Hennessey decided to cover the cost for their mistake.

At the end of the day I'm just glad to have her back.
Old 06-10-15, 03:22 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Glad to hear she's back! Nalley Galleria did my fan assembly recall and everything went great with that one so that's where I'm heading. Fingers crossed...
Originally Posted by torxuvin
So my CEL issue was diagnoses and fixed: the harness connector for injector 8, which was removed to seal the coolant valley plate, was loose. Plugged back in after taking the intake manifold apart... again. Car is working great.

World Toyota in Atlanta stepped up after Hennessey Lexus of Atlanta wouldn't even vaguely consider the notion that they did something wrong. Instead they insisted that it was a bad injector, and they wanted 1700+ to replace it. It was only after World Toyota took the engine apart again and demonstrated the problem that Hennessey decided to cover the cost for their mistake.

At the end of the day I'm just glad to have her back.
Old 06-10-15, 08:24 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jw669
Been avoiding this recall for some time now ... but can't renew my registration without getting a proof of correction.

Taking it in to Coliseum Lexus Oakland tomorrow... will record the cover being intact before drop off. Dash cam is also hooked up and ready to go
Just a follow up .. got her back today. SA promised the cover wouldn't be cracked, sure enough there is a hairline crack. TBH not enough to bother me, but the fact that he told me everything went smoothly bugged me enough to complain about it. Also watched the dash cam - they didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and did not abuse the car on the test drive either

Anyways, they're ordering a new cover.
Old 06-10-15, 08:51 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jw669

Taking it in to Magnussen Lexus Oakland tomorrow... will record the cover being intact before drop off. Dash cam is also hooked up and ready to go
I had no idea that you cant renew the plates if there is an outstanding recall on the vehicle? Or is that just in the state of California... I'm avoiding all these recalls that i got in my mail, until i see a major issue with it, i'm not taking it in after hearing all these horror stories. My coolant level is at the lower part of the mark, i'll just add some coolant and see what happens then....
Old 06-10-15, 11:11 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Drove 52-miles to Lexus of Westminster (bypassing Lexus of Riverside, which is 10-miles from my home) to deliver the car to Pete Phat, the SA that has received top notch reviews from Josh and others. I provided Pete an email regarding my service requirements and expectations, various links to affected threads on CL and related matters (no washing of car; no test drives and cowl removed for on-site inspection when I pick up the car). This is the first time my car has been to a Lexus dealer, so there are several items that are going to be addressed, including the following:

Front Wiper Arm Nut

Internal Trunk Release Lever (Handle)

Engine Cooling Fans

Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

My work order includes specific written instructions regarding the wiring harness cover. While there, Pete provided me a Proof of Correction Certificate I can provide Triple AAA so I can get my car registered before my tags expire. Hoping for the best and will update this thread accordingly.

Ken.

P.S. I was very impressed with my first contact with Pete.
Old 06-10-15, 11:15 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Drove 52-miles to Lexus of Westminster (bypassing Lexus of Riverside, which is 10-miles from my home) to deliver the car to Pete Phat, the SA that has received top notch reviews from Josh and others. I provided Pete an email regarding my service requirements and expectations, various links to affected threads on CL and related matters (no washing of car; no test drives and cowl removed for on-site inspection when I pick up the car). This is the first time my car has been to a Lexus dealer, so there are several items that are going to be addressed, including the following:

Front Wiper Arm Nut

Internal Trunk Release Lever (Handle)

Engine Cooling Fans

Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

My work order includes specific written instructions regarding the wiring harness cover. While there, Pete provided me a Proof of Correction Certificate I can provide Triple AAA so I can get my car registered before my tags expire. Hoping for the best and will update this thread accordingly.

Ken.

P.S. I was very impressed with my first contact with Pete.
Think I've seen your car around day st and canyon springs area moval riverside border?

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*