IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 12:40 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i just received my notice and will be heading to McGrath Lexus in Westmont. Sorry to hear about Woodfield Lexus doing this. This is truly making me think twice about the current level of customer service Lexus dealers and whether I will buy another Lexus. My fingers are crossed I don't have any issues.
Old 06-01-15, 03:30 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I have an idea for those not yet affected.

Take off your plenum and leave it at home. These bastards may think twice about leaving broken parts when there's nothing to cover it up.
Old 06-01-15, 04:08 PM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
I have an idea for those not yet affected.

Take off your plenum and leave it at home. These bastards may think twice about leaving broken parts when there's nothing to cover it up.
This is a good idea, and I think I'll remove my cover. I need to have my car serviced sometime this month and really don't want a headache.
Old 06-02-15, 04:47 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lmood
Welp, driving into work this morning and noticed the car started to sound funny and ride a little rough. CEL came on and started flashing then the car started to really sound bad and ride rough. So pissed off right now. Hopefully its just a loose connection they missed during the recall
I've been getting these the last few weeks too since I got the car back from the recall. Getting cyl 8 missfire and going into limp mode. You can feel the engine stumbling under load now.

Tried the following. Still happening
-Changed the plugs
-swapped coil packs
-checked connectors

I will be taking my car back into the dealer on Thursday or Friday to get them to fix it. I will also be noting the others that found the valley leak as well.

Last edited by torxuvin; 06-02-15 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-02-15, 04:49 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swoo350
I had both the recalls done on Friday as well and today my Check VSC/CEL light came on. Anyone else have the same? I will bringing in my car to my mech to scan for codes but hopefully nothing serious..
Quoting another. That's the 3rd car in the count as I'm reading through the thread. Please post up if you have noticed this at all. The first few times it happened to me were a few weeks apart and it cleared when I restarted the car.

Last edited by torxuvin; 06-02-15 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-02-15, 04:59 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a disconnected harness there in the top right of underneath where the harness cover is supposed to be?

Also, on a side note....while driving my car today, this popped up. Unsure if its related as the code that popped up is p2238. I also noticed that my AC line is missing the cap that screws into it. Can anyone chime in and let me know if that code could have anything to do with what lexus had to mess with to fix this recall? I don't know if they had to disconnect anything ECU related but I have PPE headers and PPE did the install themselves, so I can't imagine that I have a melted wiring harness or o2 sensor issue after running them 4 months without issue, and within a week of Lexus touching my car it pops up. Any input?

4th Possible Car. Although I think that P2238 is an O2 code.
Old 06-02-15, 05:00 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just dropped my isf off at northwest lexus. Did a walk around with the SA and showed him the wiring harness protector. I came in without the engine cover on so we can see any damage when all the work is done.

They said it will take 4 hours so I'll post another update today
Old 06-02-15, 06:26 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Great. Just received a call telling me there is dried coolant on my radiator. They got one in stock for $1200. Time to google more info on it

Edit:

Got the car back after 6.5 hours. Wire Harness protector is broken, they showed it to me when the work was in progress. My SA ordered a replacement but its on back order in Japan (meaning no ETA). My SA called later in the day and asked me to send photos so he can talk to Lexus Canada. Overall I received great service. Car was not washed and I did not have to do more than placing 'DO NOT WASH' signs on each window lol

It was worth the drive to get the recalls done at Northwest Lexus. No hassle fighting for a replacement harness (though I have not received it yet). I mentioned more ISFs may be coming and it might be in their interest to order extra harness.

Last edited by Zelfiris; 06-03-15 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-03-15, 09:55 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
I just dropped off my 2010 Isf at the Newport Lexus for the ELF recall.
I took a photo of my harness cover, also mentioned the potential breakage to the SA,
she mentioned they already serviced few Isf before and I have nothing to worry about.
I will report back when service is completed.
The car is back. No issues. The harness cover still in one piece!
The dealer put one mile on the odometer. Corroded coil replaced at no charge.
My gas tank is filled. I like that. (South Coast Lexus did no do that last time)
Had a chance to see the RSF with performance package there. Look much better
in person then I expected. They have five of them there.
Newport Lexus = highly recommend!!!

Last edited by Rossi; 06-03-15 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-03-15, 11:10 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
The car is back. No issues. The harness cover still in one piece!
The dealer put one mile on the odometer. Corroded coil replaced at no charge.
Newport Lexus = highly recommend!!!
Thanks for the info. That's where I'll be taking mine asap.
Old 06-03-15, 06:32 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
Thanks for the info. That's where I'll be taking mine asap.
I'll be heading there as well.
Old 06-03-15, 06:56 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katin2
I'll be heading there as well.
Report back here about your experience at Newport Lexus.
Old 06-04-15, 09:50 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just about to receive my car back after a couple of weeks.

They have confirmed at this time that Lexus of Canada will not cover the harness and any other parts.

I have $122 of parts I need to pay for ... Originally they told me it would be covered but got the response stating no ...

Harness, some wire clips and injector clips ..

They fixed the coolant leak by replacing the heat exchanger / sealant / o-rings

Just e-mailed lexus canada to see if they could support and help out the situation

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Great. Just received a call telling me there is dried coolant on my radiator. They got one in stock for $1200. Time to google more info on it

Edit:

Got the car back after 6.5 hours. Wire Harness protector is broken, they showed it to me when the work was in progress. My SA ordered a replacement but its on back order in Japan (meaning no ETA). My SA called later in the day and asked me to send photos so he can talk to Lexus Canada. Overall I received great service. Car was not washed and I did not have to do more than placing 'DO NOT WASH' signs on each window lol

It was worth the drive to get the recalls done at Northwest Lexus. No hassle fighting for a replacement harness (though I have not received it yet). I mentioned more ISFs may be coming and it might be in their interest to order extra harness.
Old 06-05-15, 05:40 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clarionguy
Just about to receive my car back after a couple of weeks.

They have confirmed at this time that Lexus of Canada will not cover the harness and any other parts.

I have $122 of parts I need to pay for ... Originally they told me it would be covered but got the response stating no ...

Harness, some wire clips and injector clips ..

They fixed the coolant leak by replacing the heat exchanger / sealant / o-rings

Just e-mailed lexus canada to see if they could support and help out the situation
Keep us posted on how it goes with Lexus Canada.

My SA has not called me and said I need to pay for it so I'm crossing my fingers for the time being
Old 06-05-15, 11:35 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Took my car to Nalley Lexus of Roswell to have this recall done and they just called me to tell me that they cracked the wiring harness box as discussed in this thread. They were up front about it, but won't have the replacement part in until week. So far I am happy they were proactive about it and as long as they perform the recall without issues and replace the broken box I will be pleased.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*