IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-15, 09:54 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

My Isf and my roommate isf got the car back from Lexus of Westminster very happy with the recalls . Thanks to Pete of Lexus of Westminster.
Old 05-11-15, 02:56 PM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an appointment to have mine done on Wednesday this week at Bell Lexus in North Scottsdale. Fingers crossed that everything goes well and no broken parts afterwards.
Old 05-11-15, 06:32 PM
p12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update 11 May 2015: They told me they had to back order the cover and it would not come in until 28 May. Why such a long wait? They said the part is coming in from Japan. Hopefully no one else has to deal with a broken wiring cover and wait 2 weeks for a replacement.

On a side note, they sent me a customer survey on my service experience. Do you think I should wait until my car is complete or fill it out now detailing this experience? I feel like it would be harsh to fill it out on such bad terms, but not filling it out now would sort of be lying about the service experience because they technically did finish the recall, but they broke some parts in the process in which they tried to cover up and pass off to the customer. They at least admitted fault and are trying to fix it, but I don't think this should have been a problem to begin with. The lack of integrity with getting it done right the first time is surprising, especially for a luxury brand. Suggestions?
Old 05-11-15, 10:47 PM
MGordo
Driver

Off to an excellent start with my recall...

Dropped off my car this morning and managed to get an RC350 as a loaner, so I was quite happy. Assumed everything was great until 5:00pm rolls around and I get a call saying that the recall wasnt done as they have to have my VIN to order the parts.. which In case anyone is wondering I had to provide in order to actually book this appointment 3 weeks ago. Only excuse given is I must have dealt with a new service provider on the phone. Ugh.

Parts are now ordered and arrive on Wednesday.. so I have to take time out of my day to drop off the RC tomorrow, pick up my car, then come back with it the very next day and either get another loaner or just shuttle service. (RC was out the the sales fleet, not loaners)

Side note, as beautiful as the RC350 is (inside and out IMO) it sure it gutless...
Old 05-12-15, 07:17 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MGordo
Off to an excellent start with my recall...

Dropped off my car this morning and managed to get an RC350 as a loaner, so I was quite happy. Assumed everything was great until 5:00pm rolls around and I get a call saying that the recall wasnt done as they have to have my VIN to order the parts.. which In case anyone is wondering I had to provide in order to actually book this appointment 3 weeks ago. Only excuse given is I must have dealt with a new service provider on the phone. Ugh.

Parts are now ordered and arrive on Wednesday.. so I have to take time out of my day to drop off the RC tomorrow, pick up my car, then come back with it the very next day and either get another loaner or just shuttle service. (RC was out the the sales fleet, not loaners)

Side note, as beautiful as the RC350 is (inside and out IMO) it sure it gutless...
bummer! did they do the cooling fan fix at least? or left it all?
Old 05-12-15, 07:37 AM
MGordo
Driver

They didnt say... it was supposed to all be done. I have to go pick up the car this morning, so I am sure I will get more info.
Old 05-12-15, 08:17 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Got my car in there now for water pump and then the four recalls. It was dropped off last Friday said it would be one day but today is Tuesday and still no F. They said the water pump is on back order from Lexus which I find hard to believe. I took pictures of my engine harness before drop off just to be safe.
Old 05-12-15, 12:43 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Get this they broke my harness and then tried to sale me a new one for 75.00! Im like listen lady I got a picture of it before I dropped it of and it was fine. She claimed it was old and brittle and crumbled during repair! WTF Oh and the Water pump is on back order from lexus and they offered to use an aftermarket unit. I dont like the idea but car out of warranty anyway so I assume the aftermarket unit would meet oem standards right?

Last edited by Gearbangin; 05-12-15 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-12-15, 04:28 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Got my car in there now for water pump and then the four recalls. It was dropped off last Friday said it would be one day but today is Tuesday and still no F. They said the water pump is on back order from Lexus which I find hard to believe. I took pictures of my engine harness before drop off just to be safe.
I dropped off my car last Thursday morning for the cooling fan and fuel pressure sensor recalls. The cooling fan and housing were damaged so they both had to be replaced. The fuel pressure sensor fix apparently went ok, but the wire harness cover broke so the dealership is attempting to get a replacement cover shipped... thus the delay. I'm definitely glad that I popped the hood and showed my SA the "unbroken" harness cover before I handed over the car. Also getting my rear wheels remounted on the correct corners since they were mounted on the wrong sides AGAIN during my last visit. I'm definitely ready to get back in the F, but I have to admit that the RX350 loaner sure beats the hell out of the IS250's I usually get stuck driving.
Old 05-16-15, 11:20 AM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my car back from Bell Lexus North Scottsdale. Clint did an awesome job on my F! I addressed my concerns with him about the all problems I've seen in this thread. He assured me that everything would be perfect when I picked up my car. It was. If you go to Bell Lexus, ask to have Clint work on your F.
Old 05-18-15, 08:31 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Dropped mine off this morning for my 90k service and to do this recall along with the cooling fan at the same time. Hope all goes well. Even did what others have done and took a pic of my harness protector. Hope all goes well.
Old 05-19-15, 01:42 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Will be back to the states next week. Will be getting my broken piece replaced then. Hopefully they do a good job.
Old 05-19-15, 04:49 AM
KLexus50
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine goes in Friday (5/22) for this. Been putting it off since hearing all the horror stories in this thread, but I figure it's probably a good idea it be done regardless. My dealer was very respectful and professional with my car on the last recall (cooling fan) so I'm hoping that translates to this next one. Also going to have them take care of the P0031 code I got after my exhaust install. I'll update as soon as I get more info.
Old 05-19-15, 07:33 AM
swoo350
Rookie

I had both the recalls done on Friday as well and today my Check VSC/CEL light came on. Anyone else have the same? I will bringing in my car to my mech to scan for codes but hopefully nothing serious..
Old 05-19-15, 07:38 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Booked an appointment for June 02 at Northwest Lexus (Ontario). The SA said they will replace anything they break. I'm going to remove all the engine covers before going in so I can show them there is no damage prior to drop off.

Will keep everyone updated

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*