IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 07:59 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually more afraid about the extra things breaking while they do the recalls, which the extra things won't be covered without warranty

Last edited by Zelfiris; 05-08-15 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-08-15, 08:48 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Magnessun Fremont

Update. They replaced my cracked housing, but only after I pointed it out. I asked the SA before and after I picked up the car (the first time), if it was cracked. It would have saved me a trip.

Also, I just found a rusty razorblade in my engine bay... which I would have cut myself if I had ran my fingers along the wrong sidet.
Old 05-08-15, 11:29 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Compthis
Just picked up the car and I can't complain because the work is done and I have a new rad with reservoir. The tech took picks of the valley to show me it was clear of coolant. No signs of damage anywhere and all visible harnesses are in tact. Great job Northwest.
Hey Compthis, may I ask for the name of your SA?

Originally Posted by joshv06
I just dropped my '08 off at Don Valley North Lexus in Markham. I got a Service notice about the Rad Fan as well. They are going to complete both the fan (they said it's a fix based on visual) and the ELF recall. They are also going to do an oil change since its due. I showed Lexus some of the damages caused by the other dealers to the harness protector and the assistant supervisor of repairs (Arthur) told the technician to be careful. Will post an update when they tell me it's done.
When are you getting your ISF back?

I live much closer to DVN Lexus but from Compthis' review, I may just make the drive to Northwest instead.

Thanks guys,
Zel
Old 05-08-15, 11:34 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
Correct, TSB's are not warranty items. They have to be repaired whether you are under warranty or not.
Not correct. Recalls - Service Campaigns - are not warranty items. TSBs are ALL warranty items and once warranty is over, you're on your own even if there is a TSB. That's why I'm so pissed about the notchy steering TSB. I can't get a new rack because I'm out of warranty even though mine definitely has the issue.
Old 05-08-15, 11:50 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not correct. Recalls - Service Campaigns - are not warranty items. TSBs are ALL warranty items and once warranty is over, you're on your own even if there is a TSB. That's why I'm so pissed about the notchy steering TSB. I can't get a new rack because I'm out of warranty even though mine definitely has the issue.
Ah, seriously? I didn't know that. Bummer. I always thought TSB's were safety issues that needed to be repaired. Especially a notchy steering issue!
Old 05-08-15, 12:43 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

What exactly do you notice in a 'notchy' steering wheel?

Are there any other 2008 TSBs, orther than whats listed here: https://www.automd.com/tsb/lexus_m/is-f_mm/2008_y/ ?
Old 05-08-15, 12:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
What exactly do you notice in a 'notchy' steering wheel?

Are there any other 2008 TSBs, orther than whats listed here: https://www.automd.com/tsb/lexus_m/is-f_mm/2008_y/ ?
Lots more. But most of them are not unique to the IS F. Many are across multiple models or they are PDS information.

The notchy steering feel is when you are in a big radius turn with the wheel set and it feels like it sticks where it is when you go to straighten the wheel. It's a bit of resistance you would not feel in a hydraulic boost system unless there was some kind of mechanical damage.
Old 05-08-15, 01:03 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Lots more. But most of them are not unique to the IS F. Many are across multiple models or they are PDS information.

The notchy steering feel is when you are in a big radius turn with the wheel set and it feels like it sticks where it is when you go to straighten the wheel. It's a bit of resistance you would not feel in a hydraulic boost system unless there was some kind of mechanical damage.
Damn. Need to go test this.

Is there a full list of possible TSBs? I see alot online are subscription-based.
Old 05-08-15, 08:56 PM
p12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had this recall done yesterday and became a victim of the cracked covers. I showed the car to the service adviser and she told me she was completely embarrassed to see that. The shop foreman assured me this would get handled and put me in a loaner car until it gets done. I feel like they suspected I would never bother to pop the hood of the car and take off the engine cover which I suspect would be accurate for the average consumer but this is just plain wrong... Duct tape all over the broken cover?? Thankfully they admitted the wrong doing and plan on fixing this.

Before and after pictures.

Before

After

Cracked cover under the taping.
Old 05-08-15, 11:04 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

^ you might have mentioned this and i keep overlooking but WHERE is this dealership at ?
Old 05-08-15, 11:23 PM
p12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by James7
^ you might have mentioned this and i keep overlooking but WHERE is this dealership at ?
Sorry, forgot to mention where it came from. Roseville CA.
Old 05-11-15, 06:44 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Hey Compthis, may I ask for the name of your SA?

When are you getting your ISF back?

I live much closer to DVN Lexus but from Compthis' review, I may just make the drive to Northwest instead.

Thanks guys,
Zel
Hey Zel,

I picked it up on Friday. I called at 645 and they told me it was ready. I haven't checked the wire harness protector, but in my invoice they did not replace it so it should be okay. I'll try and look later today after work.

Josh
Old 05-11-15, 08:06 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Hey Zel,

I picked it up on Friday. I called at 645 and they told me it was ready. I haven't checked the wire harness protector, but in my invoice they did not replace it so it should be okay. I'll try and look later today after work.

Josh
Hey Josh,

I look forward to it!

So the recall took 4 days at DVN? Did they gave you a rental for those days?

Thanks,
Zel
Old 05-11-15, 08:12 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Hey Josh,

I look forward to it!

So the recall took 4 days at DVN? Did they gave you a rental for those days?

Thanks,
Zel
I am almost positive they are required to give you a rental and a free tank of gas for recall work. It took 3 full days because they had to have a radiator shipped to the dealer.
Old 05-11-15, 09:26 AM
Dubxl152
Driver School Candidate

I am almost positive they are required to give you a rental and a free tank of gas for recall work. It took 3 full days because they had to have a radiator shipped to the dealer.
I've only had recalls & tsb work done at the dealer and every time I've gotten a loaner, a car wash and a full tank of gas.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*