IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 09:17 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftech
... they are either just too lazy, or don't know the proper way of doing it.
Or they didn't watch the video or read the instructions on TIS. If they don't know the proper way, there is really no excuse. Everything they need to know is covered in TIS.
Originally Posted by TIS
All dealership associates involved in the campaign process are required to successfully complete ELearning course SC13A. To ensure that all vehicles have the repair performed correctly; technicians performing this recall repair are required to currently hold at least one of the following certifications levels:
• Certified, Senior, or Master Technician
• Certified, Senior, or Master Diagnostic Technician
So, I'm calling lazy and overconfident a big factor. I am really glad the guys doing the shoddy didn't choose aircraft maintenance. I would be afraid to fly commercial aircraft.
Old 05-05-15, 10:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Me and my roommate just dropped off both ISF's at Lexus of Westminster to do the recall , ours good friend Pete had appointments with us today
Old 05-05-15, 10:53 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I dropped off the car for the work on Monday and got a call today from the service advisor. "Just calling to let you know you have a coolant leak on the rad and you will need to replace it, I'll give you a break on the price". So I said "the car is under extended warranty" he said, "let me check....um yea you are, I guess we owe you a rad". If I was on the hook, I would have requested to see the rad and make sure they didn't damage it but never the less, I'm getting a new rad. When I saw joeZ got a new rad, I was hoping something would be wrong or go wrong with mine during the work. WOOOOT!!!!!! New coolant and rad.
Old 05-05-15, 11:40 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
So I dropped off the car for the work on Monday and got a call today from the service advisor. "Just calling to let you know you have a coolant leak on the rad and you will need to replace it, I'll give you a break on the price". So I said "the car is under extended warranty" he said, "let me check....um yea you are, I guess we owe you a rad". If I was on the hook, I would have requested to see the rad and make sure they didn't damage it but never the less, I'm getting a new rad. When I saw joeZ got a new rad, I was hoping something would be wrong or go wrong with mine during the work. WOOOOT!!!!!! New coolant and rad.
mine was also replaced last year, including the expansion tank

Digger08
Old 05-05-15, 02:50 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by digger08
mine was also replaced last year, including the expansion tank

Digger08
Just picked up the car and I can't complain because the work is done and I have a new rad with reservoir. The tech took picks of the valley to show me it was clear of coolant. No signs of damage anywhere and all visible harnesses are in tact. Great job Northwest.
Old 05-05-15, 03:34 PM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just dropped my '08 off at Don Valley North Lexus in Markham. I got a Service notice about the Rad Fan as well. They are going to complete both the fan (they said it's a fix based on visual) and the ELF recall. They are also going to do an oil change since its due. I showed Lexus some of the damages caused by the other dealers to the harness protector and the assistant supervisor of repairs (Arthur) told the technician to be careful. Will post an update when they tell me it's done.
Old 05-05-15, 04:54 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Compthis
Just picked up the car and I can't complain because the work is done and I have a new rad with reservoir. The tech took picks of the valley to show me it was clear of coolant. No signs of damage anywhere and all visible harnesses are in tact. Great job Northwest.
Who was the tech?

Digger08
Old 05-05-15, 05:14 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by digger08
Who was the tech?

Digger08
Steve 10 char.
Old 05-06-15, 08:00 AM
Dubxl152
Driver School Candidate

Just dropped off my '08 ISF at Lexus of San Diego to have the ELF recall done. I mentioned to my service advisor that there have been multiple instances of the engine wiring harness cover being cracked and then either being taped up, or completely removed during this recall. He assured me that he is aware of the issue, and they have the covers stocked just incase. He also mentioned that our particular engine may be prone to carbon buildup so he said he would have the tech investigate. if there is buildup Lexus will rebuild the engine free of charge i.e. pistons, rings, etc. I thought the carbon buildup issue was with the is250 only, any one else heard of this happening on a F?
Old 05-06-15, 09:44 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dubxl152
J He also mentioned that our particular engine may be prone to carbon buildup so he said he would have the tech investigate. if there is buildup Lexus will rebuild the engine free of charge i.e. pistons, rings, etc. I thought the carbon buildup issue was with the is250 only, any one else heard of this happening on a F?
The service advisor is clueless about our motor and injection systems.You are correct, primarily IS250's.

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 05-06-15 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-06-15, 11:30 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joshv06
I just dropped my '08 off at Don Valley North Lexus in Markham. I got a Service notice about the Rad Fan as well. They are going to complete both the fan (they said it's a fix based on visual) and the ELF recall. They are also going to do an oil change since its due. I showed Lexus some of the damages caused by the other dealers to the harness protector and the assistant supervisor of repairs (Arthur) told the technician to be careful. Will post an update when they tell me it's done.
Figured I'd post an update. During the Rad Fan recall the techs found a leak in the Rad. I got lucky my '08 still has ECP so I don't have to pay for a replacement part. Guess I get to enjoy my Dodge Durango rental for another day while the part gets delivered. Crossing my fingers that everything goes okay when they remove and replace the front bumper.
Old 05-07-15, 01:32 PM
Dubxl152
Driver School Candidate

Got my car back from Lexus San Diego. Car \ engine bay looks perfect and they replaced the harness cover with a new one. I drove the hell out of it on my way back to work and so far so good.
Old 05-08-15, 07:23 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Just went on lexus.ca to check my VIN and...

093 - PEDAL MODIFICATION AND BRAKE OVERRIDE (IS 250,IS 350, IS-F)
185 - REPLACE THE INTERNAL TRUNK RELEASE LEVER (HANDLE)
189 - REPLACE THE FRONT WIPER ARM NUTS
250 - INSPECT AND REPLACE THE SCREWS SECURING THE COOLING FAN MOTORS
255 - REPLACE THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR GASKET (GS 300)

Edit - and my car is out of warranty

Last edited by Zelfiris; 05-08-15 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-08-15, 07:43 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

zelfiris I don't think your car has to be under warranty for those TSB's to be performed
Old 05-08-15, 07:52 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
zelfiris I don't think your car has to be under warranty for those TSB's to be performed
Correct, TSB's are not warranty items. They have to be repaired whether you are under warranty or not.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*