IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-15, 08:14 AM
KSLAM
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I've just finished reading over this entire thread, what a nightmare! This reinforces why I avoid having work done at a dealership like the plague. Which brings me to my question: What are the odds of being able to get the recall kit from Lexus and performing the work yourself? I'd be willing to sign some sort of waiver that absolves Lexus. Are there any special tools required for this procedure? I should also mention that the only recall work I've ever had the dealership do is the wiper nut on my IS250, and they even messed that up (wiper would slap against the A pillar, so I had to adjust it), so I certainly don't trust them to work on my F.
-R
I know it involves removing the manifold to get to the gasket that needs to be replaced.
Old 04-05-15, 05:39 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I've just finished reading over this entire thread, what a nightmare! This reinforces why I avoid having work done at a dealership like the plague. Which brings me to my question: What are the odds of being able to get the recall kit from Lexus and performing the work yourself? I'd be willing to sign some sort of waiver that absolves Lexus. Are there any special tools required for this procedure? I should also mention that the only recall work I've ever had the dealership do is the wiper nut on my IS250, and they even messed that up (wiper would slap against the A pillar, so I had to adjust it), so I certainly don't trust them to work on my F.
-R
Not even the smallest chance they will give you the kit and let you do it yourself. Yes, special tools are required, and no, you don't have them in your box already. I don't either, and I've got about $15k in tools in my box.
Old 04-05-15, 07:44 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not even the smallest chance they will give you the kit and let you do it yourself. Yes, special tools are required, and no, you don't have them in your box already. I don't either, and I've got about $15k in tools in my box.
Thanks for the info, even though it makes me sad. On the bright side, when I check the recall site, my VIN doesn't show as affected. BUT I think maybe they're just a little slow adding the Canadian VINs. I noticed another Canadian that posted, their car hadn't shown up either. I guess I'll wait and see.
-R
Old 04-06-15, 12:08 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Took my F in to Magnessun Lexus of Fremont over the weekend. I told the SA about the cracking and I took pictures right at the drop off point. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-06-15, 12:29 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info, even though it makes me sad. On the bright side, when I check the recall site, my VIN doesn't show as affected. BUT I think maybe they're just a little slow adding the Canadian VINs. I noticed another Canadian that posted, their car hadn't shown up either. I guess I'll wait and see.
-R
Another Canadian here without any recalls
Old 04-06-15, 05:51 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlam86
Another Canadian here without any recalls
I got the letter regarding the recall but no follow up fix letter. I went to the dealer to ask about it and they are still unaware of any fix for it. I guess by the time Lexus issues the fix notice, the ISF will be extinct in Canada as they will have all caught fire.
Old 04-06-15, 06:02 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshhleee

Perfect work done on my car. Lexus of Westminster in socal with my favorite service advisor Pete Pham. Get your F's done by him if you're local, and tell him Josh with the gray ISF sent ya (not that it matters).
I heard they took their chances with your car and didn't do the recall....j/k, good job and it's nice to know people still take pride in their work!
Old 04-06-15, 10:05 AM
Jangco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought an 08 IsF and I'm contemplating on getting this done especially cause I'm in VA and the car is in SD with my wife. I guess I'll give my wife a few lines on what to say at the dealership. lol
Old 04-06-15, 10:25 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
I heard they took their chances with your car and didn't do the recall....j/k, good job and it's nice to know people still take pride in their work!
LOL, that actually made me laugh hahaha.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-06-15, 10:53 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Just made appointment with my buddy Pete at Lexus of Westminster for recalls, i'm doing the trunk , windshield, cooling fan, and fuel gaskets May 5th .
Old 04-06-15, 10:23 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Cracked Harness Cover

Got my car back from Magnessun Lexus of Fremont. They cracked it. Even after i warned them. I even called before I picked it up and my SA 'confirmed' that it was not cracked. I went out of my way to this dealership.... an hour+ drive vs. the 15 min to my closest Lexus.

Anyways, hes going to speak to the tech tomorrow and I am going to wait for the SA's call.
Old 04-07-15, 12:00 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee

Perfect work done on my car. Lexus of Westminster in socal with my favorite service advisor Pete Pham. Get your F's done by him if you're local, and tell him Josh with the gray ISF sent ya (not that it matters).
Dude, they forgot to put the engine cover back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-15, 01:52 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Hahahhahahhahh
Old 04-08-15, 11:12 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
I got the letter regarding the recall but no follow up fix letter. I went to the dealer to ask about it and they are still unaware of any fix for it. I guess by the time Lexus issues the fix notice, the ISF will be extinct in Canada as they will have all caught fire.
Same here from Toronto. I got the same letter regarding the recall but no follow up letter yet.
Old 04-22-15, 01:52 PM
wing
Rookie

Got the letter today and a letter about cooling fan screws falling out.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*