IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 04:21 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by t1h9o8m6s
I just had this recall performed at Longo Lexus in El Monte and wanted to add to this thread. I brought up the issues that other members have been had with the broken harness cover to my SA, John Chang. He assured me that they would do anything possible to avoid damaging the cover. When I picked up my car we popped the hood and everything was in perfect condition. If anyone is willing to make the drive to Longo Lexus I'd definitely recommend their service department
when I did mine, I told frank laruso my SA about the situation and some parts were broken while doing the recall, but they are getting replacement parts next week, free of charge.
Old 03-31-15, 09:23 PM
RedlineISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineISF
I had this recall work done last week. Didn't think to pop the hood before I left. Just checked for damage now and sure enough it is cracked in same place as other CL members have mentioned. I called my SA at Newport Lexus and he said no problem bring it down and they will "make it right". I expect they will replace part they broke. Will update once I am able to get this done. Agree with Joe, unacceptable.
My SA called me back a week and half ago saying they had the cover for the wiring harness and will replace it at no charge. Brought it in last week, they replaced the cover and looks good as new. SA said I was one of several cases of cracked cover so they decided to order the parts and replace for customers who complained. He did say if no complaint was made then they would not voluntarily replace the broken cover which I thought was surprising. Moral of the story always ask for what you want. One other note is that the SA said there would be no repercussion to tech who damaged the part as this particular repair requires them to literally bend the plastic practically in half and sometimes they crack. I thought this response was BS but at least they "made it right" as they said they would.
Old 03-31-15, 10:21 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Dropped my car off at Lexus of Westminster with the best SA pete pham!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-01-15, 03:40 AM
ARALAT
Driver School Candidate

Had mine done at a dealer in Frankfurt. The cover was cracked in the process. They are going to replace it at no charge.

I'm happy I'd checked in here. Otherwise, I wouldn't have know to look for it.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-15, 06:27 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I just got called from my lexus dealership yesterday to schedule getting this done. Might be time to bite the bullet and see what they will do.
Old 04-01-15, 03:56 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm taking my car in to get this recall done as well (along with the service campaign for the fan). I'm definitely going to speak with my service adviser before I pick up my loaner car to alert them to the issues I've read about in this thread, and then I'm going to make sure to check after the work is done to make sure there are no problems.

edit: Took pictures of both the wire harness protector piece and my odo with the 'miles per tank' display up. When I dropped off the car for the work I specifically mentioned the fact that there are several people who have taken their cars in for this job and that have had that plastic piece cracked and duct taped back up. The SA told me they've done over a hundred of these ELF fixes (though not on an ISF) and that they'd never duct tape something back up like that. If they break it, they'll replace it he said. I plan on pulling my engine cover off before I even drive off of the lot to make sure there's no damage, and if all looks well I'll report back.

Last edited by vbb; 04-02-15 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-02-15, 05:04 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Default Same cracked harness

I took the F in to the dealer three weeks ago for both ELF and fan. I just took off the cover just to see and sure enough it was taped. I will just go back and have them do it right. They also forgot to replace a clamp that hold the airbox together.

Nice tape job by a master tech.

Missing clamp
Old 04-03-15, 06:04 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I spent about 5 minutes going over my car and though it appears they put a few hairline fractures in the harness cover, there were no complete breaks and no duct tape. So all in all, I'm okay with it.

Of course they lost my spare key (thankfully I brought my main set with me or else I would have been taking the loaner for another few days) so they owe me one if they can't find it. They also managed to put 3 miles on my car, so no doubt it went on a "test" drive.
Old 04-03-15, 07:21 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I spent about 5 minutes going over my car and though it appears they put a few hairline fractures in the harness cover, there were no complete breaks and no duct tape. So all in all, I'm okay with it.

Of course they lost my spare key (thankfully I brought my main set with me or else I would have been taking the loaner for another few days) so they owe me one if they can't find it. They also managed to put 3 miles on my car, so no doubt it went on a "test" drive.
I scheduled the maintenance on my car for the 13th. I told them I did not want them to road test the car and the lady told me they are required to do a road test to ensure the repairs are correct.

Lucky I know one of the technicians at the shop and stated that he is the only one allowed to drive the car which I trust very well. he will let me know if there is any funny business. For what its worth, I told him to drive to get his testing done and Ill let him take it out for "fun" when I am in the car with him on a closed road.
Old 04-04-15, 07:32 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

So my dealer finally got my new cover in and I went to get it installed. I also had an additional 3 miles on my car from this visit on top of the 15 from my original ELF visit. I questioned why I had another 3 miles for a plastic piece install and he said "Our technician took the car on a road test to make sure the parts installed were not rattling and all the clips were secured properly." Sounds like some bs to me. Anyone else have any miles added just for getting the harness cover replaced?
Old 04-04-15, 10:34 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Lol, that's just an excuse to drive the car imo. They put on 15 miles the first time down at Kuni? What reason did they give you for a 15mile joyride....
Old 04-04-15, 04:45 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Perfect work done on my car. Lexus of Westminster in socal with my favorite service advisor Pete Pham. Get your F's done by him if you're local, and tell him Josh with the gray ISF sent ya (not that it matters).

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-04-15, 05:15 PM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks josh, have mine set for the 21st at Westminster with him.
Old 04-04-15, 09:20 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Got my ELF fix done at Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys CA and they did a great job. No cracked harness cover or any issues. My service rep with Anthony Pastoral.
Old 04-05-15, 08:05 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I've just finished reading over this entire thread, what a nightmare! This reinforces why I avoid having work done at a dealership like the plague. Which brings me to my question: What are the odds of being able to get the recall kit from Lexus and performing the work yourself? I'd be willing to sign some sort of waiver that absolves Lexus. Are there any special tools required for this procedure? I should also mention that the only recall work I've ever had the dealership do is the wiper nut on my IS250, and they even messed that up (wiper would slap against the A pillar, so I had to adjust it), so I certainly don't trust them to work on my F.
-R

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*