IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 06:26 PM
rrehovich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spddemon
So I'm going to add some good news to this thread! Just picked up my F today, had the ELF and cooling fan screw campaigns completed. I did get a new water pump and just in time, my power train warranty is only weeks away from expiring! No leak under the manifold at this time. And the master tech removed the plastic shield without breaking it... Yay

When I dropped it off, I did take the time to educate the SA on the current situation that F owners are experiencing using pictures posted from this thread. This helped a lot.
You mind me asking which dealership you took yours too?
Old 03-12-15, 08:57 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Still no updates on my end considering both the service manager and his assistant both are never there when I've called and have yet to return my messages. The whole situation is starting to **** me off now with the amount of time that I have needed to spend around this issue.
Old 03-12-15, 09:23 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rrehovich
You mind me asking which dealership you took yours too?
Sent you PM

If anyone from MD area wants info PM me I'll be glad to share.
Old 03-12-15, 12:11 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Still no updates on my end considering both the service manager and his assistant both are never there when I've called and have yet to return my messages. The whole situation is starting to **** me off now with the amount of time that I have needed to spend around this issue.
You what will be interesting is CarMax on S. Broadway had 2 ISF's for sale (both I've test driven) an 09 & 10 and called to see if they were still available and they said that they had been sent over to Kuni Lexus for the fuel pressure and cooling fan bolt recalls

It's going to be interesting to see when they get back on the lot what they look like underneath the engine cover.

I'd be willing to go to the lot and look under the hood and take pics, but how do you take off the engine cover so I can see the condition of the factory wiring harness cover??
Old 03-12-15, 12:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Lift it off the pins. It's dead simple and does not require tools.
Old 03-12-15, 05:33 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
You what will be interesting is CarMax on S. Broadway had 2 ISF's for sale (both I've test driven) an 09 & 10 and called to see if they were still available and they said that they had been sent over to Kuni Lexus for the fuel pressure and cooling fan bolt recalls

It's going to be interesting to see when they get back on the lot what they look like underneath the engine cover.

I'd be willing to go to the lot and look under the hood and take pics, but how do you take off the engine cover so I can see the condition of the factory wiring harness cover??
just grab hold of the edge of the engine cover and lip upward, it will pop right off
Old 03-12-15, 11:21 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

appointment for march 31st @ lexus of westminster. Got my service advisor Pete Pham taking care of it.. not worried at all.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-13-15, 10:35 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got my car done today for the remedy. all is good once again. that 3is loaner was too slow for me. ugh i couldn't wait the next day to get my car back.
Old 03-14-15, 01:09 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Here is quick pic of the ELF gasket kit for the IS F..

The 1 important flat fuel sensor gasket is silver and the small bag far left..
Mixed in with a few other silver washers.

I'm still waiting to schedule mine..!!

Joe Z
Old 03-15-15, 04:14 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

i have my appointment tom (Monday) I've checked the wiring harness and they're in great condition. Ill give my SA a notice about the on going problem.
Old 03-15-15, 09:05 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Lift it off the pins. It's dead simple and does not require tools.
Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
just grab hold of the edge of the engine cover and lip upward, it will pop right off
Cool, thought so but wanted to make sure I didn't go and just pull up on the cover and break it or something

I'll update this thread when I get down to the dealership after they put them back on the lot.
Old 03-16-15, 03:32 PM
303ISF
Driver School Candidate

Well just got my recall letter for this. Kind of hesitant to take my car in after seeing how the dealership test drives the s*** out of every F they work on and then all the broken plastic wire harness covers too. Maybe I'll wait on this one.
Old 03-17-15, 02:32 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I just wanted to update you guys about the recall. I told my SA about the cracking plastic harness, and i took a pix of it to show that there's been a problem with other dealership that broken harness are being replaced by electrical tape. Today, he told me that some plastic harness are brittle and got broken during the process and he took a pix of a part yesterday that one of the platic cover was already broken before they even started working on my car. I compare the picture that he took with the tech and my pix and it was legit. It was already broken with a small piece. They've order some plastic parts and harness to replace the broken one, so seems like everything should be ok...However, theyll have to keep the car till thursday or friday since it might take a day or two to get the parts. For the meantime, im stuck with the 250 as a loaner... miss my F already...
Old 03-17-15, 05:06 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris07is
I just wanted to update you guys about the recall. I told my SA about the cracking plastic harness, and i took a pix of it to show that there's been a problem with other dealership that broken harness are being replaced by electrical tape. Today, he told me that some plastic harness are brittle and got broken during the process and he took a pix of a part yesterday that one of the platic cover was already broken before they even started working on my car. I compare the picture that he took with the tech and my pix and it was legit. It was already broken with a small piece. They've order some plastic parts and harness to replace the broken one, so seems like everything should be ok...However, theyll have to keep the car till thursday or friday since it might take a day or two to get the parts. For the meantime, im stuck with the 250 as a loaner... miss my F already...
Good luck on the quick turnaround with getting the part. Both me and my Bro in law were told the same thing for our covers that the Tech at our dealership trashed doing the recall. We've now been waiting 10 days for the part to arrive. We were originally told it would take 2-3 days to get the part but we are still waiting. Not very patiently I might add!
Old 03-17-15, 05:27 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still haven't gotten a letter for it....

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*