IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 01:42 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Right here bud. Woodfield Lexus. Holding off as well, but bringing in soon for the cooling fan recall. Requesting a master tech for both.
McGrath Lexus Westmont. Holding off as well. too many horror stories with this right now.
Old 03-09-15, 02:17 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubxl152
How did they do on your car? Everything go smooth?
Go a couple pages back and my is the worst one with all the tape holding the wiring protector together. So to answer, no everything did not go smooth.

That's weird that master tech from lexus said they are not liable for anything is broken after the ELF is performed but is it proper protocol to not tell the customer it's was broken after the recall was done before he or she leaves the dealership??? Or do we just tape it up and send them on their way?
Old 03-09-15, 03:04 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealership Update

Took my car back to the dealership and spoke with the Service Manager and Director. Long story short, both apologized for the Technicians actions and said it was unacceptable to tape it back up and since they broke it, they should have fixed it.
They have ordered a new cover for both my car and my bro in-laws F and will install when they come in. Furthermore, they stated that if they see this is a common breakage problem for this or any car having a recall, they will add it in as part of the fix.
It looks like the dealership is stepping up and taking ownership so although it was totally wrong what the tech did, they want to make it right.
I also requested them to check all wire harnesses under or around the cover and replace any that may have been compromised during the recall. They stated they will fix anything related to this and do a full safety inspection. The shop Forman will also inspect the techs work after completion. It all sounds good so I'll update again when the repair is complete. Don't settle for the BS that they won't fix it, they will.
Old 03-10-15, 07:44 AM
MGordo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in Canada had this done? I called the dealer to set up an appointment and they said the solution wasnt ready yet...
Old 03-10-15, 08:16 AM
Dubxl152
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Go a couple pages back and my is the worst one with all the tape holding the wiring protector together. So to answer, no everything did not go smooth.

That's weird that master tech from lexus said they are not liable for anything is broken after the ELF is performed but is it proper protocol to not tell the customer it's was broken after the recall was done before he or she leaves the dealership??? Or do we just tape it up and send them on their way?
That's terrible! Are they going to get you a new part \ fix it for you? What was their response?

I'm looking for a new dealer to do this recall. Lexus San Diego did my cooling fan recall it took them 4 days and when I got the car back my MPG was down to 7mpg so either they let the car idle for 3 hours or someone drove the crap out of it. Not going back there.... now Carlsbad does this to you.... That leaves Lexus of Escondido or El Cajon... Maybe I should wait until I smell gas car only has 47000 miles on it.
Old 03-10-15, 09:29 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dubxl152
That's terrible! Are they going to get you a new part \ fix it for you? What was their response?

I'm looking for a new dealer to do this recall. Lexus San Diego did my cooling fan recall it took them 4 days and when I got the car back my MPG was down to 7mpg so either they let the car idle for 3 hours or someone drove the crap out of it. Not going back there.... now Carlsbad does this to you.... That leaves Lexus of Escondido or El Cajon... Maybe I should wait until I smell gas car only has 47000 miles on it.
Everyone needs to start taking pics of the mileage before they drop it off! The dealer fudges the numbers on the paperwork they give you when you pick up the car. I have never been given a piece of paper showing the exact mileage the car was dropped off with, but when I pick up the car the exit mileage is written on the paperwork. My dealer told me they test drove my car but my mileage was only "1 mile more" then when I brought it in, but never had any documentation showing what that was prior to that, and they also disconnected my dash cam during the "test" drive" which was likely more of a "joy ride".
Old 03-10-15, 10:08 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

anyone have this done at south bay lexus in torrance?
Old 03-10-15, 01:46 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Right here bud. Woodfield Lexus. Holding off as well, but bringing in soon for the cooling fan recall. Requesting a master tech for both.

good to hear Quad. I also use Woodfield Lexus
Old 03-10-15, 02:04 PM
318ISF
Driver School Candidate

Got mine done. Dropped car off at the dealership on a Friday, but didn't get it back until Monday evening. Dealer said I was the first F to be brought in for the fix and that the repair was difficult due to amount of space in the area of the repair. I also made it clear to the service advisor that I had recorded all my mileage. I had a GS loaner for the weekend so no complaints!

Last edited by 318ISF; 03-10-15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Left out sentence
Old 03-11-15, 03:08 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Ive had a better experience than most. Mine was done at El Cajon Lexus. The bracket cover thing was broken during the recall but they replaced it free of charge. They also found my gas cap not clicking anymore and replaced that to free of charge also. Sorry to hear about other peoples bad experiences.
Old 03-11-15, 03:40 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MGordo
Anyone in Canada had this done? I called the dealer to set up an appointment and they said the solution wasnt ready yet...
Just checked on Lexus.ca with my VIN, and there are "no recalls applicable" to my Lexus vehicle.
Last time I called and inquired about this elf and the cooling fan recall, they denied having any knowledge on either.
Old 03-11-15, 06:06 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Had mine done by a buddy of mine who is a master tech at the dealer.

He said all the plastic is so brittle from age and heat cycling that is breaks when they even just look at it.

Mine is all taped up too.

He ordered a new part for me. Its my daily driver and I care more about function over form....I dont even have any of the plastic covering on the car, under the hood.
Old 03-11-15, 09:43 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I squeezed mine pretty violently and it did not crack or even attempt to crack. It's hard to believe this explanation. I might have to remove it myself and shoot a video so people can see how sketchy this claim is.

The real issue is, they're on a flat rate fee and they have to beat the scheduled time at a minimum, and do it in half the scheduled time if they're going to make any money on it. If they've never done one, it's just about impossible.
Old 03-11-15, 09:58 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Had mine done by a buddy of mine who is a master tech at the dealer.

He said all the plastic is so brittle from age and heat cycling that is breaks when they even just look at it.

Mine is all taped up too.

He ordered a new part for me. Its my daily driver and I care more about function over form....I dont even have any of the plastic covering on the car, under the hood.
I found the plastic cover debris on the engine bay after replaced a new cover, and they are brittle. I could snap one in half with just 2 fingers. The cover broke on mine as well when dealer did the recall and I'm not surprised the plastic brittles from heat/cold cycle on a 6+ yr car.
Old 03-11-15, 04:51 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

So I'm going to add some good news to this thread! Just picked up my F today, had the ELF and cooling fan screw campaigns completed. I did get a new water pump and just in time, my power train warranty is only weeks away from expiring! No leak under the manifold at this time. And the master tech removed the plastic shield without breaking it... Yay

When I dropped it off, I did take the time to educate the SA on the current situation that F owners are experiencing using pictures posted from this thread. This helped a lot.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*