dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is becoming more scary than The Shining
Old 03-07-15, 06:55 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to make a video and take many pictures of the engine bay the day the car goes in. I will not accept this nonsense not for a second.
Old 03-08-15, 01:54 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
So after reading this thread and my car sitting in the garage the last two weeks due to weather I decided to pop off my engine cover. Hard to add to the horror show of this recall but my harness cover was completely MIA. I went to the dealer today to talk to service manager and they were out. I left my contact info but the guy had the nerve to say "well we don't even know if it was there in the first place we have to ask the technician who worked on it" yeah I'm sure he will fess up about that... Will follow up after I hear back.
Damn! This is nuts and I don't even have one yet! I was waiting to see if you chimed in on this issue since you already had the recall done. Since your local which dealership did you go to so I can avoid it when I get mine
Old 03-08-15, 04:58 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If my wiring looks like that lexus headquarters is getting a ring.. This is displeasing...."the Pursuit of Perfection" is failing..not excited.

If the technicians it seems most of them cannot even take the time to disassemble the harness protector correct how can we trust them to do the rest of the work damn I hate this..it will drive me nuts. Worst of all god forbid if my perfectly running and reliable F has problems in future after this fix...

Last edited by StealthFF; 03-08-15 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-08-15, 06:45 AM
JM51526
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LiquidTek - I'm also in Colorado, and curious as to which dealer you took it to... Thanks!
Old 03-08-15, 07:32 AM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Early this AM, I sent what may be the first message to the new Forum entitled Lexus Customer Service concerning this issue. As required, all new threads including mine have to be reviewed by the moderator before it is made public and or replied too.
In it I described mine and most of our issues as it pertains to the cracked cover. I provided a link to this thread so he/she/them can see for themselves the negligence and in my highest opinion, deceit that was taken to cover up the mess.
As much as I would like to provide here the exact email I sent to them, I will let them read it first and give them a chance to respond.
In the meantime, I would highly suggest emailing them your own personal experience as I think this issue as a whole falls well within the qualifications of being submitted to that thread and due a response.
I and my relative intend to take our F's back to the dealership tomorrow for explanation and plan on speaking with the manager or director of service so they too can get a visual of this workmanship. I don't feel though it hurts to pass our concerns on to the higher CSR's so they too know what we are experiencing.
How in the world can we feel safe having a recall such as this performed if broken parts in the process are mended with tape? Just ridiculous.

Last edited by GX470Ken; 03-08-15 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-08-15, 10:06 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

That's very disappointing to see... The harness protector is there for a reason..!!

All they did was leave your wires exposed and zip tied + taped on some of the bottom that was left..

On a side note, why is there coolant sprayed all over the front ???

Joe Z

Originally Posted by liquidtek
So after reading this thread and my car sitting in the garage the last two weeks due to weather I decided to pop off my engine cover. Hard to add to the horror show of this recall but my harness cover was completely MIA. I went to the dealer today to talk to service manager and they were out. I left my contact info but the guy had the nerve to say "well we don't even know if it was there in the first place we have to ask the technician who worked on it" yeah I'm sure he will fess up about that... Will follow up after I hear back.
Old 03-08-15, 10:20 AM
runyonwc
Driver School Candidate

I forwarded a link to this thread in an email to Lexus corporate on Friday. I haven't heard anything yet. This is unacceptable to say the least. My car is currently at Lexus of Orlando having this recall performed. They did let me know last week that a cover for a "small harness" broke and they were ordering a new one. I haven't read this thread yet when they told me that but I suspect it's the same harness cover as everyone else's. At least they're replacing it though.
Old 03-08-15, 10:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by runyonwc
I forwarded a link to this thread in an email to Lexus corporate on Friday. I haven't heard anything yet. This is unacceptable to say the least. My car is currently at Lexus of Orlando having this recall performed. They did let me know last week that a cover for a "small harness" broke and they were ordering a new one. I haven't read this thread yet when they told me that but I suspect it's the same harness cover as everyone else's. At least they're replacing it though.
^^^ And that's exactly how it should be handled...

Or Lexus Corp, just needs to provide the cover in the kit..

Seems like ALL will break while trying to be removed...

It's one of the hotter spots in the engine bay with all the heat being trapped under the main engine cover..

Joe Z
Old 03-08-15, 04:40 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
That's very disappointing to see... The harness protector is there for a reason..!!

All they did was leave your wires exposed and zip tied + taped on some of the bottom that was left..

On a side note, why is there coolant sprayed all over the front ???

Joe Z
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a disconnected harness there in the top right of underneath where the harness cover is supposed to be?

Also, on a side note....while driving my car today, this popped up. Unsure if its related as the code that popped up is p2238. I also noticed that my AC line is missing the cap that screws into it. Can anyone chime in and let me know if that code could have anything to do with what lexus had to mess with to fix this recall? I don't know if they had to disconnect anything ECU related but I have PPE headers and PPE did the install themselves, so I can't imagine that I have a melted wiring harness or o2 sensor issue after running them 4 months without issue, and within a week of Lexus touching my car it pops up. Any input?

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-7kawakg.jpg
Old 03-08-15, 05:44 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a disconnected harness there in the top right of underneath where the harness cover is supposed to be?

Also, on a side note....while driving my car today, this popped up. Unsure if its related as the code that popped up is p2238. I also noticed that my AC line is missing the cap that screws into it. Can anyone chime in and let me know if that code could have anything to do with what lexus had to mess with to fix this recall? I don't know if they had to disconnect anything ECU related but I have PPE headers and PPE did the install themselves, so I can't imagine that I have a melted wiring harness or o2 sensor issue after running them 4 months without issue, and within a week of Lexus touching my car it pops up. Any input?

Did you have Newport Lexus do your recalls?
Old 03-08-15, 05:57 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

After seeing all these issues, I maybe better off leaving the issue and let the car catch fire and burn. I do not want to end up with a Lexus with BMW problems. I've been there done that and it's why I chose this brand.
Old 03-08-15, 06:17 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Katin2
Did you have Newport Lexus do your recalls?
No it was done by a Lexus Dealer here in Arizona. I'll update you guys with the specific dealer name to avoid if the problems aren't addressed.
Old 03-08-15, 07:07 PM
Pie
Driver

If anyone in Bay Area, CA has gotten it done with success, please let me know! I'm holding off on this for now.
Old 03-08-15, 08:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

was going to get this done during spring break but now im questioning getting it done...

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*