dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is scaring me a great deal
Old 02-23-15, 10:04 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Just looked at my paperwork from when I took the car back for the CEL and VSC.

"Trouble code P0441 - Incorrect EVAP emission system purge flow."
"Purge flow found loose connection at the EVAP emissions purge valve. Fastened connector and performed EVAP emission monitor check."
Old 02-23-15, 02:35 PM
K2sInteg98
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just made my appointment to have this done. Apparently the dealership is only allowed to perform the recall on 6 isfs a week so the next available appointment i could make was in April O_O
Old 02-23-15, 03:43 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

If anybody on here has this done in Jacksonville or Mobile, please post how it goes. I'd kind of like to have it done in Jacksonville and hang out in St. Augustine for a day or two while they have the car, but am a bit nervous after reading the thread. Also, I guess the fact my car hasn't seen a Lexus dealership since before I owned it.
Old 02-23-15, 07:18 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my car back today. i'm only 5 miles from the dealership but so far so good. I ended up getting a brand new radiator under warranty because the shroud was cracked.
Old 02-24-15, 04:50 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Got mines back Saturday so far so good don't smell no more gas coming through the vents but gotta double check all everything they touch cuz they do have dumbass techs that's work at dealers . I know because work for one now and others in the past lol
Old 02-24-15, 09:01 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you guys know if this recall requires the car to be on a lift? From the description of the service recall it seems to be all top side. Just making sure since I just lowered my car a little more lol
Old 02-24-15, 10:13 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Do you guys know if this recall requires the car to be on a lift? From the description of the service recall it seems to be all top side. Just making sure since I just lowered my car a little more lol
I specifically asked them if it did and they said yes, however they covered my windshield so that my dash cam can't capture anything so I am not sure if it was on the lift or not. And then during the test drive phase they disconnected my dash cam. That really pissed me off because they asked me to shut if off and I specifically told them not to touch it, especially if it will be test driven...
Old 02-24-15, 02:35 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^Wow! They did that after you specifically told them not to! What did they say when you noticed that they disconnected everything?
Old 02-24-15, 04:23 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Well I finially got my car in at Lexus of Carlsbad.... I am going to be the Guinea pig for the IS-F's as they have done multiple ISx50's, LS' and GS' and mine being the one of the first of the IS-F's done at their dealership wish me luck!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 02-25-15 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-24-15, 07:09 PM
runyonwc
Driver School Candidate

I'm taking mine in to Lexus of Orlando this Saturday. I'm also worried about what may happen. They didn't mess up my valve adjustment so hopefully they can handle this....
Old 02-24-15, 08:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
I specifically asked them if it did and they said yes, however they covered my windshield so that my dash cam can't capture anything so I am not sure if it was on the lift or not. And then during the test drive phase they disconnected my dash cam. That really pissed me off because they asked me to shut if off and I specifically told them not to touch it, especially if it will be test driven...
woaw woaw woaw.. that throws up a bunch of red flags for me..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-24-15, 08:16 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Well I finially got my car in at Lexus of Carlsbad.... I am going to be the Ginny pig for the IS-F's as they have done multiple ISx50's, LS' and GS' and mine being the one of the first of the IS-F's done at their dealership wish me luck!
Keep us posted. I am definitely opposed to having some hack touch my car, and will be looking for a quality dealer tech in So Cal.
Old 02-24-15, 08:34 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
They remove the intake manifold and all the low pressure injectors just to get to the fuel pressure sensor. If they drop the sensor, it has to be replaced. All new seals for the low pressure injectors (on principle), and a new throttlebody gasket. They polish the sealing surface for the pressure sensor, and have a very complex method of ensuring the seal on the new o-ring. Of course, with the intake manifold off, they'll be able to see if you are leaking coolant from the o-rings between the water pump and the coolant reservoir on top of the valley between the cylinders. If this is leaking, they'll be telling you about the repair which includes removing the timing cover (no small feat) and in all likelihood, replacing one (or more) direct injection injectors because they broke when they removed the connectors.

There is nothing about this repair I think is fit for a typical line tech. After having my water pump replaced under warranty and seeing the quality of the clean up they did (It made me take it back to them because it appear to still be leaking), I am not at all confident this will be executed the way I would want.

The service document is 57 pages and has two steps where two technicians are required to prevent damage to the wiring harness. I am very unhappy about this.
I definitely am not comfortable with just any hack meandering around the top end of my F. Of equal concern to me is the coolant smell I encounter after driving my car hard.

I have assumed it was the coolant reservoir/expansion tank venting, but after this information I am beginning to wonder. Have searched the forums but found no further information on the coolant leak issue. Is it that rare? My car is a '13 with 8500 miles on the clock.
Old 02-24-15, 08:41 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^Wow! They did that after you specifically told them not to! What did they say when you noticed that they disconnected everything?
I didn't notice any of that stuff until I got home to review the footage because they plugged it back in before I picked it up.

Originally Posted by joshhleee
woaw woaw woaw.. that throws up a bunch of red flags for me..
Thats what I'm saying man, shady!

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*