"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 09:50 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb FYI for ALL

Since you got some great shots "clarionguy"

The below circled red item is where the gasket is located for the Fuel Pressure Sensor
(Drivers side of motor in USA or Left Hand Side)

Joe Z
Old 05-22-15, 10:00 AM
KLexus50
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KLexus50
Mine goes in Friday (5/22) for this. Been putting it off since hearing all the horror stories in this thread, but I figure it's probably a good idea it be done regardless. My dealer was very respectful and professional with my car on the last recall (cooling fan) so I'm hoping that translates to this next one. Also going to have them take care of the P0031 code I got after my exhaust install. I'll update as soon as I get more info.
Just heard back from my dealer. Car is in the bay and the tech is performing the ELF as we spoke.

Found out my bank 1 sensor 1 is bad and my water pump is begining to weep. Luckly, both are covered under my warranty ($100 deductible). Only bad news is they have to order the water pump parts so they'll have the car till Tuesday.

Spoke to her about the possibility of breaking the harness above the intake manifold when I dropped it off and took a pic of it with her present. She assured me that if they do break it, they will replace it but told me they haven't had any incidents yet. I instructed her to call me when the ELF is finished to confirm the harness is OK, just cause I'm **** like that lol. The saga continues...
Old 05-27-15, 04:14 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
My Isf and my roommate isf got the car back from Lexus of Westminster very happy with the recalls . Thanks to Pete of Lexus of Westminster.
I just got my recall notice in the mail. I was thinking about taking it to the dealer closest to me (Newport Lexus), but after hearing how good Westminster Lexus (and Pete), I thInk that will be my best choice.
I haven't heard of anyone going to Newport Lexus for this recall. Anyone?
Old 05-27-15, 05:45 PM
KLexus50
Driver

Originally Posted by KLexus50
Just heard back from my dealer. Car is in the bay and the tech is performing the ELF as we spoke.

Found out my bank 1 sensor 1 is bad and my water pump is begining to weep. Luckly, both are covered under my warranty ($100 deductible). Only bad news is they have to order the water pump parts so they'll have the car till Tuesday.

Spoke to her about the possibility of breaking the harness above the intake manifold when I dropped it off and took a pic of it with her present. She assured me that if they do break it, they will replace it but told me they haven't had any incidents yet. I instructed her to call me when the ELF is finished to confirm the harness is OK, just cause I'm **** like that lol. The saga continues...
Happy to report that Lexus of Cherry Hill in Marlton, NJ performed all the repairs on my car flawlessly. Aside from a broken zip tie near the wire harness cover, you'd never know they were under the hood.

Here are some pics for posterity:
BEFORE

AFTER
Old 05-27-15, 09:03 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
I just got my recall notice in the mail. I was thinking about taking it to the dealer closest to me (Newport Lexus), but after hearing how good Westminster Lexus (and Pete), I thInk that will be my best choice.
I haven't heard of anyone going to Newport Lexus for this recall. Anyone?
I'll be heading to Newport to have mine done soon.
Old 05-28-15, 01:53 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Newport Lexus also has good service, but personally never been there, all my friends love it though

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-28-15, 08:22 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked mine up yesterday morning. Was really busy, so I didn't get a chance to take a look under the hood. I'll check tonight, but it really doesn't matter to me, as I'll be going direct port nitrous soon anyway.
Old 05-28-15, 11:18 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Newport Lexus also has good service, but personally never been there, all my friends love it though
Thanks Josh. I'll probably end up going there. And I will definitely mention to them about the issue of potential damage to the wiring harness cover.
Old 05-28-15, 09:37 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

So, I've been delaying this because of all the horror stories but, now, it looks like I have no choice. I went to register my car today (2010; last year of no smog) and I was unable to do so because of an "emissions problem" according to the Triple "AAA" counter person. When I received my "incomplete application", it contained the following statement in all caps:

A PROOF OF CORRECTION CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP FOR YOUR MAKE OF VEHICLE OR VESSEL. PLEASE REFER TO EMISSION RECALL # ELF

It seems Lexus has finagled away to force compliance with its recall notices if your car comes up for registration and the owner cannot furnish the proof of correction certificate to the DMV/Triple "AAA". This really ticked me off and is the first time I have ever encountered this.

Interestingly, I had no such issues registering my wife's 2007 IS 350 which I believe, but am not sure, is subject to this same recall protocol. If there is anyone that can share additional light on this matter, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks.

Ken.
Old 05-28-15, 10:24 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
So, I've been delaying this because of all the horror stories but, now, it looks like I have no choice. I went to register my car today (2010; last year of no smog) and I was unable to do so because of an "emissions problem" according to the Triple "AAA" counter person. When I received my "incomplete application", it contained the following statement in all caps:

A PROOF OF CORRECTION CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP FOR YOUR MAKE OF VEHICLE OR VESSEL. PLEASE REFER TO EMISSION RECALL # ELF

It seems Lexus has finagled away to force compliance with its recall notices if your car comes up for registration and the owner cannot furnish the proof of correction certificate to the DMV/Triple "AAA". This really ticked me off and is the first time I have ever encountered this.

Interestingly, I had no such issues registering my wife's 2007 IS 350 which I believe, but am not sure, is subject to this same recall protocol. If there is anyone that can share additional light on this matter, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks.

Ken.
Interesting, I had no issue with smog and renewing my IS350 neither. My car is definitely on the list of the recall.
Old 05-29-15, 08:00 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Woodfield Lexus blew it

Chalk another one up to this ridiculous & utter bull*****.

Here's the pics along with the email I sent my Woodfield Lexus guy, Keith, last week before I took the car in..

Originally Posted by Patrick
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:47 PM
To: Keith
Subject: Patrick Daniels - Lexus ISF Recall Schedule

Hello Keith,
My name is Patrick and we worked together awhile back when I
got my oil changed on my Lexus ISF. I'm the guy who did the oil
analysis.

I wanted to discuss the two outstanding recalls and another issue I'm
having. The two recalls on my car I'd like to schedule are the
radiator fan and the ELF fuel sensor.

I have some concerns about the way the latter of the two has been
handled. In a lot of cases, people are having both the harness
protector (part number 82817-30L40) and the plenum damaged. Below is
a link listing over a dozen cases of this occuring complete with
pictures. People are having their ISFs sent back to them, quite
literally, taped back together. I'd like to ensure this is done
properly on my car and if the part is anticipated to break, I'd like
one on hand to replace it so I do not have to wait long for the recall
to be repaired.

I'd also like to request a master tech to do this work. I am willing
to wait if that's what it takes. Also, I would like to be present for
the road test as it seems quite a few people are also reporting "joy
ride" road tests taken in these cars. See the links below as well.
This is the greatest car I've owned and I cannot fathom this
happening.

Lastly, based on the CPO contract section "accessories and controls,"
I believe my blown subwoofer should be replaced at no cost to me.
Below as well are links to others who have had this work done.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm just a guy who loves
his ISF and would like to get the service equivalent to both the car
and what I paid for it.

Let me know your thoughts on scheduling and everything else.
Hope all is well.
-Patrick

Fuel Sensor
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...available.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ir-damage.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9042827

"accessories and controls" included in CPO.
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/certification-warranty

Subwoofer Warranty Replacement Cases
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-warranty.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8759880
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-look-for.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8978830
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ng-issues.html

Dealership Road Test Abuse
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ed-my-isf.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...hat-to-do.html
And the reply.

Originally Posted by Keith
On May 22, 2015 9:31 AM, <Keith> wrote:

Hi Patrick, I received all the info you provided and can assure you all work will be done to the highest standards of quality,I have the parts needed in stock reserved for you.Let me know when you would like this done so I can reserve a loaner car. Thanks, Keith
I couldn't have broken it down further if I was talking to a six year old.
Old 05-29-15, 08:37 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^Wow, yet again another blatant disregard for a customers car and concerns. Even though like you said you spelled it out easy enough for a six year old to understand, they still sent it back to you with the cover busted up! Seems like there is no communication between the SA's and the Techs working on cars?
Old 05-29-15, 09:02 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^Wow, yet again another blatant disregard for a customers car and concerns. Even though like you said you spelled it out easy enough for a six year old to understand, they still sent it back to you with the cover busted up! Seems like there is no communication between the SA's and the Techs working on cars?
Yep. I took the plenum off right there at the dealership and saw it first thing. I'm so infuriated about this. It's not even about the part. Manager seemed agreeable. I've already written hq. I want Keith's job.
Old 05-30-15, 06:51 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

there goes my faith in using woodfield lexus..
Old 06-01-15, 11:29 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I just dropped off my 2010 Isf at the Newport Lexus for the ELF recall.
I took a photo of my harness cover, also mentioned the potential breakage to the SA,
she mentioned they already serviced few Isf before and I have nothing to worry about.
I will report back when service is completed.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*