IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

500 HP Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-15, 05:51 PM
H60Driver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abohler
I am currently running an AFR gauge in the drivers side oval air vent to monitor. I am running a wet shot. Have run 93 with a 50 and 100. Now I am running a 150 with standalone fuel cell, and pump. C16 up front, 93 out back. Still playing with the setup. Testing different header and exhaust options. Have to find what works best for my setup as a daily.

Where is your wideband sensor? Left or right headers? Pics would be awesome.
Old 02-10-15, 06:17 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I am sure everyone has their own opinions on the matter, but there are a lot of factors involved to help nowadays.

First off as I understand Toyota has over engineered this motor to basically be bullet proof.
Second, my whole setup is all computer controlled, and only fits in a specific window so as to not dance with the devil and try to hurt anything.

All in all this setup should be safe and no long term issues to the motor. Anyone else chime in if you have anything to add.
Cool good to know that coming from someone with experience with NOS on this particular motor

Another question for you is how large are the injectors that Toyota put on the F? And again if you don't need larger injectors then the ECM is able to add enough fuel to keep AFR safe with this set-up?
Old 02-10-15, 08:11 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like a new video:

Old 02-11-15, 12:43 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
Do you have your window switch to spray in 1st gear? Do you get any spin when its hits at 4000rpm in 1st gear or whenever you spray it? I am running Nitto NT05's as well only for track days so I do have some good tires for the 1/4 mile. I dont spin at all on launch.

I'm at work so I dont have a nozzle pic, maybe when i get home super late tonight.

Also, when doing your burnout, is there a button on your window switch to deactivate your NOS while doing the burnout. That would be an extreme waste of NOS! <--- Rookie question... LOL
My window switch opens in every gear from 3k-6800. I think it may be later now since I went up to 150, I need to confirm the exact window. I do get a bit of spin cycling through low gears, Just a finesse game there.

For burnout, I just keep the system arm off, so no solenoids open up. Then activate after a burnout.
Old 02-11-15, 01:28 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is awesome but can it hook on the drag strip? Would you use it on a road course?
Old 02-11-15, 03:16 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
This is awesome but can it hook on the drag strip? Would you use it on a road course?
Nitrous is primarily for 1/4 mile drag strip. It will hook easily with the right tires. As for using it on a track or road course, that would not be wise as you only get about 8 passes of a 1/4 mile with a 10lb bottle. The bottle wouldn't last more than 5 minutes on a track.
Old 02-12-15, 05:56 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by H60Driver
Where is your wideband sensor? Left or right headers? Pics would be awesome.
Exhaust has a slight rattle, going to throw up on the lift hopefully this weekend. I'll try and take pics then.
Old 02-12-15, 05:57 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Cool good to know that coming from someone with experience with NOS on this particular motor

Another question for you is how large are the injectors that Toyota put on the F? And again if you don't need larger injectors then the ECM is able to add enough fuel to keep AFR safe with this set-up?
Fuel delivery is fine. Mr Slay has run as high as 200 shot with stock fuel setup as far as I know. Just tuning properly and using race fuel is the key.
Old 02-14-15, 12:38 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

I ordered my NOS setup yesterday, being installed the week of March 2nd. I am so excited to see what they will do with the car! I went all out and spent over $3000 to make this thing a monster. 2 - 10lb bottle setup with show piece bracket for the trunk. Window activation switch with progressive shot tuning so it will hit with 75hp at 4000rpm then hit the full 150 shot at 5000 rpm or however I want. The gauges will be installed in my glove box with them being moveable so I can pull them out to my driver seat and adjust the tuning as I see fit.

I will start a new post with pics when its completed in early March! May cant come fast enough!!!! That's when the 1/4 mile track opens here!
Old 02-16-15, 02:07 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered my NOS setup yesterday, being installed the week of March 2nd. I am so excited to see what they will do with the car! I went all out and spent over $3000 to make this thing a monster. 2 - 10lb bottle setup with show piece bracket for the trunk. Window activation switch with progressive shot tuning so it will hit with 75hp at 4000rpm then hit the full 150 shot at 5000 rpm or however I want. The gauges will be installed in my glove box with them being moveable so I can pull them out to my driver seat and adjust the tuning as I see fit.

I will start a new post with pics when its completed in early March! May cant come fast enough!!!! That's when the 1/4 mile track opens here!
Are you installing it yourself or having a shop do it? Just curious, I might get a kit this spring as well
Old 02-16-15, 09:15 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Are you installing it yourself or having a shop do it? Just curious, I might get a kit this spring as well
Having a performance shop do it for me. I know nothing about being a mechanic. I can hardly change a flat tire.... lol. I'm sure I could if I had to but it would take me hours!

I will start a new post with pics when its done.
Old 02-16-15, 09:49 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having a performance shop do it for me. I know nothing about being a mechanic. I can hardly change a flat tire.... lol. I'm sure I could if I had to but it would take me hours!

I will start a new post with pics when its done.
Is it a shop in Lethbridge or Calgary? I had nitrous on a car about 12 years ago and I had Lightspeed innovations in reddeer do the install but they have become a huge shop now and charge huge shop prices.
Old 02-16-15, 12:14 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Is it a shop in Lethbridge or Calgary? I had nitrous on a car about 12 years ago and I had Lightspeed innovations in reddeer do the install but they have become a huge shop now and charge huge shop prices.
http://performancepowertrainproducts.com/

here in Lethbridge. If you want to come down and check it out afterwards, youre more than welcome to. I will be doing a dyno afterwards as well to see what im actually putting to the wheels. I have a Takeda intake and an ISS Forged DES Exhaust.
Old 02-16-15, 04:44 PM
lifethinkr
Rookie

Fuel delivery is fine. Mr Slay has run as high as 200 shot with stock fuel setup as far as I know. Just tuning properly and using race fuel is the key.
But you're talking about a wet shot, right? with a wet shot you shouldn't have to worry about the stock injectors at all since you're getting the AFR right with the fuel jet. if you're not using a standalone, where do you tap into the stock fuel system for the "wet" part of the nozzle? does the F have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail or something?
Old 02-17-15, 07:34 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

impressive numbers for sure. digging the setup!

Quick Reply: 500 HP Club