IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

After 363 days of ownership, 12,247 miles, and 6 track days I'm in love with the ISF!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 10:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default After 363 days of ownership, 12,247 miles, and 6 track days I'm in love with the ISF!

EDIT : Actually.....it was 6 track days in 10 months

As I exited Arizona Motor Sports Park this Saturday afternoon after running hard in the advanced/orange group I realized something . I t was 2 days before the one year ownership anniversary . Then I reflected back at the 6 track days I have done with my ISF and all of the commuting to and from work I had done and I smiled a with a prideful grin. MAN I AM IMPRESSED . All I have to say is that I am in love with my ISF. I am writing this not only for the current owners of the car, but any of the future owners or people who may be interested in buying this car. The ISF is an amazing machine. It has taken me to work and back every day without a single issue other than a dead battery. And even more impressive and more indicative of the work Lexus has put in designing this machine is the fact that even after 6 track days in less than one year the car is strong and in excellent shape. After all the hard runs and many sessions at the track the only 2 issues I ever had ( extremely minor ) was a squeaking rear brake pad for about 2 miles in traffic on the way home from Wild Horse Pass ( went away as fast as it showed up), and a seat squeak that developed that I had fixed out of pocket ( let me note that the repair has held up even after 4 more track days since it was repaired). I am blown away at the track performance of the car the duality, and the durability and all while 98% bone stock ( F sport rear bar). If there is anyone out there who may be thinking of purchasing the ISF as a DD that can also do some solid track work look no further. The car is a luxury car that can run with real sports cars on the track, can get you to work every day without a hiccup or unplanned visit to the dealership, and will allow you have the cache that comes with owning a flagship performance car from a premium luxury brand. The ISF , in my opinion, is as close to having your cake and eating it too in this segment and generation of cars that it runs in. What a machine.

When the car first made its appearance nobody knew what to think. A sports car from a brand that is know for making reliable cars for older people?? The commitment that Lexus has made to produce a world class performance car is very clear . What is also abundantly clear is that there commitment to making the most durable and reliable cars has not taken a back seat when attaining the level of performance that they achieved. I have owned an LS460, another Lexus flagship, as well as the baby brother GS350, and in the end the F performance car from Lexus has been the most reliable and trouble free by far. This car has been on every track in AZ, done 6 track days, and all on the same rotors for Gods sake. Kudos to Lexus . I am impressed and very very happy.

The ISF is a special car that I know has sparked many great things to come from Lexus and Toyota. For its performance, its historical significance, and because it's Lexus drawing a clear line in the sand , I know this car will be a future classic and something that many enthusiasts will love and respect for a very long time. I don't know about you guys........but I am hooked on F !!!!

VIDEO: AMP this weekend

( got to pass the Porsche 911 who was blocking 2 weeks ago at Wild Horse Pass)

Attached Thumbnails After 363 days of ownership, 12,247 miles, and 6 track days I'm in love with the ISF!-img_3306.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-14-15 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-08-15, 11:28 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

AMEN brotha!

First car I've owned in 19 years that I can confidently say I'm keeping FOREVER. Love this thing.
Old 02-08-15, 11:35 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Beautifully written. The duality of the IS F makes it most appealing. It doesn't have the same respect as others in its class, but it does compete quite well, offering a greater all around package than any other could.

Great runs with the cam. Lines are on point and the track events definitely seem like a treat after a long week at the office. Nice work!
Old 02-09-15, 01:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

this is a very very reliable monster car.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-09-15, 04:44 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up!!! I love my ISF as well. Wait until you get some slicks then she'll really wake up.

Only thing I have to say is in your first video you crossed over the blend line on your pit out. That's a big no no....
Out here on the east coast they tell us to stay offline after pit out until after turn 1. This is so people can maintain their speed coming down straights or what not. Just trying to keep you safe brotha!!!
Old 02-09-15, 08:03 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Nothing but happy spirited driving. Now this is what i call true driver enthusiasm.
Old 02-09-15, 08:14 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Lol..u gonna have to let me pass player...sorry..damn...looks fun!!
Old 02-09-15, 10:19 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U r 6 yrs late for the new post lolz but there are few of us going to keep the F for life
Old 02-09-15, 10:55 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Beautifully written. The duality of the IS F makes it most appealing. It doesn't have the same respect as others in its class, but it does compete quite well, offering a greater all around package than any other could.

Great runs with the cam. Lines are on point and the track events definitely seem like a treat after a long week at the office. Nice work!
Total stress reliever. I always feel great on the way home and before the events I always fell like I have something to look forward to.
Originally Posted by joshhleee
this is a very very reliable monster car.
She's great.

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
Great write up!!! I love my ISF as well. Wait until you get some slicks then she'll really wake up.

Only thing I have to say is in your first video you crossed over the blend line on your pit out. That's a big no no....
Out here on the east coast they tell us to stay offline after pit out until after turn 1. This is so people can maintain their speed coming down straights or what not. Just trying to keep you safe brotha!!!
Thans bud. The reason I did that was because I was the first car on track in the first session. There was no chance of collision or pushing another car off line .

Originally Posted by idoke1
Nothing but happy spirited driving. Now this is what i call true driver enthusiasm.
Im hooked . Thanks buddy

Originally Posted by chris07is
Lol..u gonna have to let me pass player...sorry..damn...looks fun!!
Man I was so excited when I saw it was the same Porsche 911 that was blocking 2 weeks ago. I wasnt going to wait for a point by . I waited at wild horse pass and the guy just held me up. ( and a black vette behind me ). LOL I get vocal in my videos sometimes.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
U r 6 yrs late for the new post lolz but there are few of us going to keep the F for life
Hey ....better late than never. I would have come to the party sooner but I was in an LS460 cloud for three and a half years
Old 02-09-15, 10:55 AM
13UWISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like fun! Glad to see you making the most out of the beast! To plenty more happy miles ahead! Cheers!
Old 02-09-15, 11:02 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Now this is great.
Old 02-10-15, 12:07 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

The car should become a classic, especially since prices have lowered into the 20s making it more attainable. You treat the car right
Old 02-10-15, 05:58 AM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I am considering one of these cars. Great vids.
Old 02-10-15, 07:42 AM
kevintari
Driver

Great writeup! What brake pads are you running?
Old 02-10-15, 10:04 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 13UWISF
Looks like fun! Glad to see you making the most out of the beast! To plenty more happy miles ahead! Cheers!

Thanks buddy.

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Now this is great.

Originally Posted by JDMV8
The car should become a classic, especially since prices have lowered into the 20s making it more attainable. You treat the car right
I am confident that, like the Supra, it will be a desirable cart in the future

Originally Posted by ChickenIS
I am considering one of these cars. Great vids.
right on bud. Get one. They are great. Im glad the post is already helping people make a choice

Originally Posted by kevintari
Great writeup! What brake pads are you running?
Bone stock. Brembos FTW !!! They release brake dust like crazy, but they stop amazingly well AND they dont squeak or make noise even after ungodly beatings on the track. I just dont believe that these generic rotors that people find on ebay belong on a performance car that does 6 track days a years. For the guys running at these tracks reaching 140 mph maybe I would replace the pads ( ask Lobux ). For me its bone stock, no drama, no issues, and the dealership handles it all . I just get my parts through Sewell

Quick Reply: After 363 days of ownership, 12,247 miles, and 6 track days I'm in love with the ISF!