IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Toms diffuser install help NOW PLEASSSSEEEE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-15, 06:24 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp, that was short lived lol. My little gap got a little bigger...so I pulled on it with my finger tips to see if it was stuck on there good or not, and it came right off!

So I am going to have to reinstall it after I replace the tape and use adhesion promotor on the car bumper and the diffuser before putting the tape on. I only used it on the diffuser to try to save my paint in case I ever remove, but its cheaper to respray a bumper then it is to replace a diffuser that flies off on the freeway lol.
Old 02-05-15, 08:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Thanks bro!!!!!!!! I am excited to hit it up again. I was going to go on the super car cruise this weekend...but given my recent luck I better just avoid it LOL
Right on. Take a lot of pics. I'll be at the track at AMP !! Let's hit it next month
Old 02-06-15, 05:05 PM
kevintari
Driver

Is that diffuser really functional or more for aesthetics? Looks nice.
Old 02-06-15, 08:13 PM
VuSpec
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear looks amazing!
Old 02-06-15, 09:20 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like your right rear tire is on backwards, if it rains you will hydroplane like mad. The car looks great though. I put a rear spoiler on mine last weekend and I was nervous it would fly off, I also took a heat gun and warmed up both the tape and the cars surface to help the tape stick.

Last edited by Sylvan; 02-06-15 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-07-15, 05:44 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kevintari
Is that diffuser really functional or more for aesthetics? Looks nice.
To be honest, not sure if it is functional or not. I bought it for the appearance

Originally Posted by VuSpec
The rear looks amazing!
Thanks man!!!

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Looks like your right rear tire is on backwards, if it rains you will hydroplane like mad. The car looks great though. I put a rear spoiler on mine last weekend and I was nervous it would fly off, I also took a heat gun and warmed up both the tape and the cars surface to help the tape stick.
The tire is on there correctly, thats how they are designed to look
Old 04-22-15, 09:23 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update since the reintstall? Wondering if it has popped off since using the primer on both diffuser and paint.
Old 04-22-15, 10:06 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Why? Did I look at the pics??? 😵After full bolt ons, now I gotta save money for this!...it looks amazing!👍 with the obsidian color the kit looks more menacing.
Old 04-22-15, 10:43 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Must admit I used sikaflex for all my bits.

Same stuff they use to secure windscreens in place!

I get why peeps go with tape, but I'd rather re-paint things than lose my expensive carbon parts on the highway!

Other thing is security. No way anyone can yank off any of my spoilers or diffuser! You'd end up taking the bumper or trunk lid with it! Lol.

Great stuff if you plan to keep the car for a while.
Old 04-22-15, 11:11 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Even if all of the tape failed, which isn't very likely, I don't see it just flying off, unless you wreck your car. It's still secured by the four clips on the bottom and fits pretty snug around the exhaust diffusers. The problem is the tape under the curved portion near the tow hook covers failing over time and leaving a noticeable gap.

I used tape (3M vhb) since that is what I'm familiar with and I'd like to be able to remove it without too much hassle. I removed the rear bumper from the car, prepping both the it and the diffuser as best I can. I also applied heat to both sides, and clamped it down over the two problem areas for a full 24 hours before putting everything back on the car. Fingers crossed that it holds, but if I ever have to redo I'll definitely take it a step further with adhesion promoter or simply something stronger than tape.
Old 04-22-15, 05:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys RedlineAZ sold his F a few weeks back. He modified it so beautifully and decided to part ways.
Old 04-23-15, 01:24 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey guys RedlineAZ sold his F a few weeks back. He modified it so beautifully and decided to part ways.
What does he drive now?
Old 04-23-15, 07:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

He's driving a G37 coupe but I think he is setting up to buy something really special. He has had a lot of fast cars. I think he wants something unique and high end
Old 04-27-15, 01:50 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Update since the reintstall? Wondering if it has popped off since using the primer on both diffuser and paint.
I removed it and prepped around the rest of the area to not get any overspray, and then used a can of adhesion promoter to spray all over the tape on the diffuser and the bumper itself and it worked very well!!! It closed the gap up completely.

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Why? Did I look at the pics??? 😵After full bolt ons, now I gotta save money for this!...it looks amazing!👍 with the obsidian color the kit looks more menacing.
Haha, thanks man!

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
He's driving a G37 coupe but I think he is setting up to buy something really special. He has had a lot of fast cars. I think he wants something unique and high end
Thanks buddy! Yep driving around a G37 coupe I already had, I haven't replaced the ISF yet. Still deciding on a replacement