IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

For all the wheel experts need some advise.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 07:54 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
I just went with standard gloss gunmetal that Get your Wheels offered. I know 11 inch wheel work, esc had 11 inch rear (+55 i think) with 295s but had shaved fenders. It was tempting but I opted for the more trouble-free approach. Also, ISFpat has these 12" rear 10" front. One more member, I cant remember the name at the moment, has them, close to the same offsets as me, on a very nice USB ISF. I guess these are getting pretty popular.

I was lucky enough that the blanks were in stock so I only had about 6 weeks to wait.

Not a great pic, but a bit more of a side view.
Sean you should get the red center caps, i bet they would look fantastic on your car.
Old 01-30-15, 08:08 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackISFtx
No I have not yet, gonna pull the trigger this afternoon. My comment earlier when I said I wanted to exchange might have been a little confusing. I meant if we could return, if it didnt fit the way we wanted, lol. Kauain, how long have you been waiting?
Yeah that comment made me think you already ordered them. I put the deposit down at the beginning of November. I was notified the beginning of this week they're done! Sent the remainder in as soon as I got the bill and was told I would receive my tracking info that day or the next. It's now day 4... I am in no rush as its winter but Forgestar sucks with meeting deadlines and following through with what they say.
Old 01-30-15, 08:24 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

I just went with standard gloss gunmetal that Get your Wheels offered. I know 11 inch wheel work, esc had 11 inch rear (+55 i think) with 295s but had shaved fenders. It was tempting but I opted for the more trouble-free approach. Also, ISFpat has these 12" rear 10" front. One more member, I cant remember the name at the moment, has them, close to the same offsets as me, on a very nice USB ISF. I guess these are getting pretty popular.

I was lucky enough that the blanks were in stock so I only had about 6 weeks to wait.

Not a great pic, but a bit more of a side view.
Looks good! I seen those threads but also opted for the trouble free route as well. Going that wide would also defeat the purpose of weight loss which is why I chose these.

I guess not having the blanks in stock would be why I have been waiting for so long. I choose the black graphite color which should be a little darker then the OEM wheel color.
Old 01-30-15, 08:48 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kauaian
Yeah that comment made me think you already ordered them. I put the deposit down at the beginning of November. I was notified the beginning of this week they're done! Sent the remainder in as soon as I got the bill and was told I would receive my tracking info that day or the next. It's now day 4... I am in no rush as its winter but Forgestar sucks with meeting deadlines and following through with what they say.
Dang about two months
Old 01-30-15, 09:45 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Taken about 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is definitely more room at my ride height. I may go with wider tires when I get around replacing them, but I hate rubbing and scraping so much that I'm hesitant to change that or go any lower.
Great pics Sean, and thanks for sharing them! Finally got to see how your IS-F turned out

No I have not yet, gonna pull the trigger this afternoon. My comment earlier when I said I wanted to exchange might have been a little confusing. I meant if we could return, if it didnt fit the way we wanted, lol. Kauain, how long have you been waiting?
Let me know when you're ready

Originally Posted by kauaian
Dang about two months
Sorry to hear about your long wait times, we offer 4-6 week turnaround time on Forgestars as long as all the parts are in stock! Quickest turnaround in the industry, which averages about 6-10
Old 01-30-15, 10:05 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Dang about two months
Lol, more like 3! It's all good. I figured order them during winter because if you search forgestars turn around time it seems to be more like 3 months. Very few get the 4-6 weeks which they state when inquiring. Someone is selling a set of 5 in the for sale section for a very good price.

Last edited by kauaian; 01-30-15 at 11:12 AM.