IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

For all the wheel experts need some advise.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 08:41 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all the wheel experts need some advise.

Hey guys I hope everyone is having a great day! So my questions is directed towards all the wheel experts on here. Thinking about purchasing Forgestar CF5-V's, but really confused on how to choose the right offsets.

Im currently running stock 08' wheels (F 19x8 +45, R 19x9 +55) I also have 15mm spacers all the way around, and love the fit.

So if Im wanting to order the forgestar should the size be:
19x9 +30 Fronts
19x10 + 40 Rears
(so im subtracting the 15mm from the original offset) but Im increasing the width of each wheel by 1 inch.....so confused..)

-Chris
Old 01-29-15, 09:48 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

With those sizes and based on what others have revealed about their offsets, I don't see any trouble with this setup. Maybe some rubbing if you go with a 285 tire or higher, unless you alter the camber just a tad. With 9's in the front, I've seen offsets ranging from 28-35 without any issue, and 10's having offsets of 35-45, so you're pretty safe in terms of fitting slightly more aggressive offsets without having to do additional work to other components.

If I were you, and I did this myself, I would roll your fenders just to give whichever tire you choose some slightly more room in the wheel well. It really helps if you're not lowered on springs or coilovers, but you can safely reduce the wheel gap from the upsized wheel/tire combo now.
Old 01-29-15, 10:10 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

I would recommend using the offset calculator here.

Your final offsets on the OEMs after spacers is 19x8 +30 19x9 +40

To get the same final fitment on the 9/10" F14s as your OEMs w/ spacers, you will want to run: 19x9 +43 19x10 +53

I'll send you a PM with more details!
Old 01-29-15, 10:19 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Thanks for the help Brian and Jason!
Old 01-29-15, 10:36 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

19x9 +33 / 19x10 +40 for a flush fitment. You shouldn't need any fender modifications.

255/35/19 and 285/30/19 on stock suspension or If you plan to lower the car, go 245 and 275.
Old 01-29-15, 10:59 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

I wish after a custom wheel order, I can exchange, lol.
Old 01-29-15, 11:06 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

[QUOTE=GetUrWheel;8889355]I would recommend using the offset calculator here.

Moderators should sticky this offset Calc somewhere. Had no idea one existed.
Old 01-29-15, 11:07 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I'm no expert, but I have those wheels. 19x9 +35 , 19x10+45, with 245/35 275/30 Michelin PSS. No need for any fender mods. Everything fits perfect. In fact, I probably could have gone slightly more aggressive, but what I have looks great.

I'm also lowered just slightly 1" front and .5" rear. Only very slight rubbing in the front when hitting a serious dip (I've actually only noticed this one time.)

Also, Jason (GetUrWheel) helped me with my order. If you go with him, you're in good hands.
Old 01-29-15, 11:11 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sean
I'm no expert, but I have those wheels. 19x9 +35 , 19x10+45, with 245/35 275/30 Michelin PSS. No need for any fender mods. Everything fits perfect. In fact, I probably could have gone slightly more aggressive, but what I have looks great.

I'm also lowered just slightly 1" front and .5" rear. Only very slight rubbing in the front when hitting a serious dip (I've actually only noticed this one time.)

Also, Jason (GetUrWheel) helped me with my order. If you go with him, you're in good hands.
Do you have any pics Sean?
Old 01-29-15, 11:16 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Im such a newbie to Forums, just found your previous Posts that this issue was discussed. Moderator can you please close this thread. Sorry guys, Thanks for all the help!

-Chris
Old 01-29-15, 11:23 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BlackISFtx
Do you have any pics Sean?
Taken about 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is definitely more room at my ride height. I may go with wider tires when I get around replacing them, but I hate rubbing and scraping so much that I'm hesitant to change that or go any lower.

Old 01-29-15, 11:34 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sean
Taken about 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is definitely more room at my ride height. I may go with wider tires when I get around replacing them, but I hate rubbing and scraping so much that I'm hesitant to change that or go any lower.

That is one sweet looking F!!
Old 01-30-15, 06:27 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sean, nice setup! What color are those? I can't tell from the pictures. Any side views?

I purchased a set of these CF5V wheels in back in November with the offsets I shared above. I wanted to go with 11 inch widths in the back but was told the concave and required offset might not work. The concave might cause the wheels to not clear the caliper. I mainly purchased these to use on the track because they're a few pounds lighter then the stocks. Can't beat it for the price.

I must say Forgestar is VERY slow at getting these made and shipped. It's pretty much Feburary and I haven't received comformation my wheels have shipped yet.

BlackISFtx, I take it you already purchased a set?
Old 01-30-15, 07:42 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I just went with standard gloss gunmetal that Get your Wheels offered. I know 11 inch wheel work, esc had 11 inch rear (+55 i think) with 295s but had shaved fenders. It was tempting but I opted for the more trouble-free approach. Also, ISFpat has these 12" rear 10" front. One more member, I cant remember the name at the moment, has them, close to the same offsets as me, on a very nice USB ISF. I guess these are getting pretty popular.

I was lucky enough that the blanks were in stock so I only had about 6 weeks to wait.

Not a great pic, but a bit more of a side view.
Old 01-30-15, 07:52 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Originally Posted by kauaian
Sean, nice setup! What color are those? I can't tell from the pictures. Any side views?

I purchased a set of these CF5V wheels in back in November with the offsets I shared above. I wanted to go with 11 inch widths in the back but was told the concave and required offset might not work. The concave might cause the wheels to not clear the caliper. I mainly purchased these to use on the track because they're a few pounds lighter then the stocks. Can't beat it for the price.

I must say Forgestar is VERY slow at getting these made and shipped. It's pretty much Feburary and I haven't received comformation my wheels have shipped yet.

BlackISFtx, I take it you already purchased a set?
No I have not yet, gonna pull the trigger this afternoon. My comment earlier when I said I wanted to exchange might have been a little confusing. I meant if we could return, if it didnt fit the way we wanted, lol. Kauain, how long have you been waiting?

Quick Reply: For all the wheel experts need some advise.