IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Unobtanium pie cut titanium intake installed.

Old 02-02-15, 05:24 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you're blaming the mic now? Come on, be real here and get that the raspyness is the car itself..

I don't care for or ever will care about making my car sound like a "ferrari exotic". And I also never said the car doesn't sound like a "flat crank", I just said it sounds like crap and it does.

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Could be the crappy mic too, a crappy mic can make anything look bad. If that doesn't sound like flat crank type of exhaust to you, I don't know how else to explain it. Did you read the link from a professional engineering perspective on the 180 degree headers? Infact, they did the design it for NASCAR before rule changed and banned the 180 degree design. They even stated that Ford did the same design for their Ford GT back in the 60s for Lemans.
Old 02-02-15, 05:30 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
So you're blaming the mic now? Come on, be real here and get that the raspyness is the car itself..

I don't care for or ever will care about making my car sound like a "ferrari exotic". And I also never said the car doesn't sound like a "flat crank", I just said it sounds like crap and it does.
The car wasn't underload, the underload video sound pretty damn good to me. Especially all the downshift rev matching. I guess we all have different likes, just like how some like your american sounding exhaust and some like my raspier Meistershaft. It's all depending on preference. If you don't think the underload video that I posted so be it. Other people do like how it sound though. It is just matters of opinions. Even my car sounds different revving in neural and when underload on the dyno or taking off.

I said I like the more unique "flat crank" sound that's all. That is why my next project car is a fully built LS2 with 180 degree headers, that motor is currently sitting in my garage. We all mod cars to be different. And to me "flat crank" sound is more unique.
Old 02-02-15, 05:35 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

that ISF sounds like sex, yet I believe my car sounds like sex too. thats why you get two cars.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-02-15, 05:35 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

The car wasn't underload, the underload video sound pretty damn good to me. Especially all the downshift rev matching. I guess we all have different likes, just like how some like your american sounding exhaust and some like my raspier Meistershaft. It's all depending on preference. If you don't think the underload video that I posted so be it. Other people do like how it sound though. It is just matters of opinions. Even my car sounds different revving in neural and when underload on the dyno or taking off
By the way both our cars are raspy now too.. Our cars were in the same video once, you should know.

And why do you insist my car sounds like an american sounding car? Your car sounds just as American. Or shall we be the judge of that? I have some Porsche and BMW friends who would gladly listen to your car and honestly tell me what it sounds like.
Old 02-02-15, 05:40 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
that ISF sounds like sex, yet I believe my car sounds like sex too. thats why you get two cars.
It's okay Josh, your opinion doesn't count. Pat's opinion weight heavier.
Originally Posted by ISFpat
By the way both our cars are raspy now too.. Our cars were in the same video once, you should know.

And why do you insist my car sounds like an american sounding car? Your car sounds just as American. Or shall we be the judge of that? I have some Porsche and BMW friends who would gladly listen to your car and honestly tell me what it sounds like.
From the same video you can see that mine higher pitched. At least to my ears anyways. Mind you this is recorded with a cell phone too. The mic is so accurate capturing real life sound right?
Old 02-02-15, 05:45 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

It's okay Josh, your opinion doesn't count. Pat's opinion weight heavier.

From the same video you can see that mine higher pitched. At least to my ears anyways. Mind you this is recorded with a cell phone too. The mic is so accurate capturing real life sound right?
Modified Lexus ISF's. LOUD Revs & Acceleration's! - YouTube
Khoa you are hilarious.
Old 02-02-15, 06:25 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I have traveled back and forth to Japan alot and I have heard that Black one in person under load, Ive sat in Novels ISF under load. Novels sound was awesome but in my opinion... that black ISF sounded way to raspy and cheap. I can respect the amount of fab work that went into the black ISF but it doesnt sound good in person or on video.
Old 02-02-15, 08:31 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

why the bleep have I not seen that youtube video before..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886