IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Unobtanium pie cut titanium intake installed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 08:31 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Sylvan, are you calgary based?

There are a few ISF's popping up now.
I live a block over from Unobtanium actually. I think he did mention doing some work on your car. I have only noticed a couple ISFs around calgary and another guy on my block also got a SFP ISF what are the chances of that. I know a couple guys from edmonton with ISFs so we should have an alberta meet in sylvan lake this summer or even a couple get togethers in calgary

Last edited by Sylvan; 01-27-15 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-27-15, 08:42 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
Looks good but for the price I would get the Lems titanium intake tube instead...200 bucks cheaper

How much is Lems one? How much is this one?
Old 01-27-15, 08:48 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thekhmer
dude i used to follow that guys builds when he did post them on clubrsx..where is he posting now? and i think you should burn the pipe..would flow really nice with the "F" blue..and upgrade your cover or paint it
He has a facebook page and Instagram now, I think I might burn it as far as upgrading the cover, If anything I would like a silver carbon one that matched the interior but its not really something I worry about.

Last edited by Sylvan; 01-27-15 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-27-15, 10:46 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
He has a facebook page and Instagram now, I think I might burn it as far as upgrading the cover, If anything I would like a silver carbon one that matched the interior but its not really something I worry about.
He should make us titanium equal length headers. I would be so in for a set. Been dying to get that ultimate sound exhaust
Old 01-28-15, 04:36 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
How much is Lems one? How much is this one?
With todays yen to dollar rate its $400
Old 01-28-15, 09:01 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
He should make us titanium equal length headers. I would be so in for a set. Been dying to get that ultimate sound exhaust
He said he would make us equal length headers, and I have posted that before.

He estimated 3500 for the initial set, if the product could be jigged after i'm sure the price could be made more attractive.

Sylvan, i'm in for an ISF meet for sure.
Old 01-28-15, 12:23 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

He said he would make us equal length headers, and I have posted that before.

He estimated 3500 for the initial set, if the product could be jigged after i'm sure the price could be made more attractive.

Sylvan, i'm in for an ISF meet for sure.
That price is actually very reasonable for Titanium equal length. Maybe we can get a few cars together and get a few sets made. This way it will be cheaper. I'm sure a jig can be made. Keep it around 3k or less and I'm so in
Old 01-28-15, 02:49 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That price is actually very reasonable for Titanium equal length. Maybe we can get a few cars together and get a few sets made. This way it will be cheaper. I'm sure a jig can be made. Keep it around 3k or less and I'm so in
that was stainless, I never asked about Ti
Old 01-28-15, 03:01 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ti equal length headers would honestly probably cost 10K. They dont make pre made Ti bends so they will need to pie cut every bend.

this intake is $600 shipped BTW.
Old 01-28-15, 04:00 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

that was stainless, I never asked about Ti
Stainless is good still. Weight isn't that much of a deal with the headers. Keep it at 3 or lower and let get 5+ sets made!!
Old 01-28-15, 04:04 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ If your not looking for Ti, why would you not just buy SIkky or PPE. Both are proven headers.
Old 01-28-15, 04:43 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
^^^ If your not looking for Ti, why would you not just buy SIkky or PPE. Both are proven headers.
Have Sikky for 2 years now. Nothing wrong with Sikky or PPE. I do want that smooth pulse of the exhaust. It sounds more exotic that way.
Old 01-28-15, 05:11 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have Sikky for 2 years now. Nothing wrong with Sikky or PPE. I do want that smooth pulse of the exhaust. It sounds more exotic that way.
You do know that the exotic sound you'll need more than headers.. your exhaust is pretty much straight pipe and would not resonate the "high pitched" sound that exotic cars make.

Novel with their headers and a normal 2.5" exhaust like ours changes the tone but leaves much to be desired. The whole sound needs to be altered from start to end.

This is why you can't make just any car sound like an exotic car or else every V8 owner would have the same sounding car.
Old 01-28-15, 05:12 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I mean novel is suppose to be equal length. I don't think ive ever seen any proof that our cars actually make more power with equal lengths.
Old 01-28-15, 06:18 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpat
You do know that the exotic sound you'll need more than headers.. your exhaust is pretty much straight pipe and would not resonate the "high pitched" sound that exotic cars make.

Novel with their headers and a normal 2.5" exhaust like ours changes the tone but leaves much to be desired. The whole sound needs to be altered from start to end.

This is why you can't make just any car sound like an exotic car or else every V8 owner would have the same sounding car.
It's funny how you kept saying that my exhaust is pretty much straight pipe. If that is the case, people would just rather do straight pipe and not spending for Meisterschaft. Ask Johnny, he sold his Meisterschaft and now running straight pipe/ppe. He said they don't sound the same and misses the higher raspy tone of the Meisterschaft. That is why he is looking for another one.

I know it takes more than just headers, header helps a bunch though. Equal length smooth out the flows of exhaust mimicking the sound of a flat plane crank V8. Equal length helps all v engines sound better. Just like how a S6 V10 with equal length long tubes sounds more like a lambo V10. Same goes for a V12 NA Benz with equal length sounds more like a Zonda V12. Yes both motors came from the family. But that shows even a more direct sample of how much equal lenght long tube helps

I also know that the material in the exhaust packing has to do with the sound too. Just like how yours ISS exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers sounds like an aggressive American car. It's because those mufflers are packed for that kind of sound.
I'm not saying that equal length will make my car sound like a 458. I will bet that I'll like my exhaust sound better with equal length. That is why some people go through great length to custom spaghetti the headers of their V8 to get that desired even cylinder firing sequence to mimick the sound of a Flat Plane Crank

Quick Reply: Unobtanium pie cut titanium intake installed.