IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track

Old 01-24-15, 10:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Smile I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track

Had another chance to get the F out to the track . This time I ran the car in the advanced group with ProAutoSports ( orange group ) as well as the intermediate group ( red group ). The car did amazingly well, as usual. The course really suited the power and weight of the ISF with high speed sweepers. The braking zones were easy work for the Brembos and even my worn Michelin PSS gripped like crazy even in the 41 degree ambient temps we saw in the first session. What is great is that this marks my completion of every road course on every track in AZ . Before I had hit every track, BUT WHP has an east and west course. I have now done both courses at Wild Horse Pass AND the all of the other tracks in the state of AZ . Who would have figured 10-15 years ago that anyone with a Lexus would say that, and frankly to run as well as I did bone stock in any car with an L badge.

The video shows me easily running with Porsche 911 and passing some pretty quick cars , and even cars on slicks. In fact the driver of the orange mustang in one of the videos ( on slicks ) came up to me after the session to tell me that he could not believe how easily my car passed his race car and when I passed he said he was blown away I was on street tires.

Next track day is in 2 weeks at my favorite track in the state. Arizona Motor Sports Park here I come. This will make 6 track days in 1 year of ownership ( 363 days to be exact ).

For any owners out there who may be on the fence about taking their IS-F to the track... DO IT!! You have no idea how fast your car really is and you have no idea what the true limits are unless you go to a track and really push the car and put her in her element . Let the car shine. It will not let you down and will impress you. Lexus did an amazing job of building and designing the ISF. On the street my ISF feels more like a bumpy IS350 with a good exhaust relative to the beast it feels like on the track.On the track the car really feels special and it really comes together. As I have said before, the duality of this car is truly amazing. After a hard day at the track , I gassed up, jumped on the freeway, and the car was as smooth and quiet as an new GS350.Just going to wash her tomorrow, wiper her down with some gloss enhancer and manually reopen all of the closed drilled holes in the rotors. They are all completely clogged with brake dust. Thats how you know you did it correctly.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-24-15 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-24-15, 11:15 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Beautifully done
Old 01-24-15, 11:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Cooling down ... Check out the brake dust clogging the drilled holes in the rotors and amount on the wheels .
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track-image-2712473322.png   I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track-image-2361421208.png   I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track-image-3263613051.png  
Old 01-25-15, 12:39 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freakin awesome! I can watch this all day. Way to represent the ISF and put it down!
Old 01-25-15, 05:40 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

wow man your addicted lol. looks fun
Old 01-25-15, 06:28 AM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet dude! Wish I could have been there. It was my kids 1st Birthday so I couldn't make it out. Trying to go to the next event in 2 weeks. I thought it was at ChuckWalla raceway? Let me know if you are going for sure. Like I said I'm trying to go and will let you know if I can make it!
Old 01-25-15, 08:34 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Cooling down ... Check out the brake dust clogging the drilled holes in the rotors and amount on the wheels .
I8ABMR.... That is way cool! It is an amazing thing that a Lexus can run with ANYTHING that runs hard. I am having more fun with my F than I could have possibly imagined. I haven't even driven any of my other cars in a couple weeks, very unusual for me to stick one car for more than a day or two.

Keep thrashing man!
Old 01-25-15, 09:45 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice, you're very lucky to have a track you can actually take your car to.

Wish we had one here
Old 01-25-15, 09:57 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Beautifully done
Thanks buddy !

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
Freakin awesome! I can watch this all day. Way to represent the ISF and put it down!
Me too and I could make these videos all day. AND I think the F could run all day. The car showed no signs of fade. Not even a brake squeal in traffic on the way home.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
wow man your addicted lol. looks fun
TOTALLY !!

Originally Posted by Blzn335
Sweet dude! Wish I could have been there. It was my kids 1st Birthday so I couldn't make it out. Trying to go to the next event in 2 weeks. I thought it was at ChuckWalla raceway? Let me know if you are going for sure. Like I said I'm trying to go and will let you know if I can make it!
Happy birthday to your little one. I think the Chukwalla event is through NASA. I switched over to ProAutoSports a couple of months ago because they literally run 5-6 times the number of track days NASA does. I hate waiting. Honestly, my track days make the stress at work much easier. Im not joking when I say its like therapy. There is nothing in my mind but the car and the track when I am behind the wheel. At home or at work it stress, stress, and more stress. TRACK DAYS MAKE WORKDAYS EASIER.

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
I8ABMR.... That is way cool! It is an amazing thing that a Lexus can run with ANYTHING that runs hard. I am having more fun with my F than I could have possibly imagined. I haven't even driven any of my other cars in a couple weeks, very unusual for me to stick one car for more than a day or two.

Keep thrashing man!
I am blown away every time I go out. I knew the car was special, BUT when you go to the track you really realize this is not your garden variety sports sedan. Most of the cars I was on track with were track cars that were towed in with track tires ( slicks or R compounds). My car drove me down there and will take me to work on Monday.....oh yeah and its a luxury car too. Only cars I let my were 2 Camaro ZL1s, a black vette who was also being blocked by the 911, and a GT4 style Corvette Z06 ( tripped me out when I saw it behind me. The wing was higher than the roof line and wider than the car. Also if you see a dropped Vette behind you it looks like its hovering over the floor by maybe an inch. I was like, OH this dude means business and I dont want to ruin someones lap, like the clown in the 911 who would not let me by)
Old 01-25-15, 10:01 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Just realized I didn't post the pic of the rotors. You can see the holes clogged with brake dust . When I clean her this morning I need to manually unclog the holes
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track-image-3557755487.png  
Old 01-25-15, 11:25 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome bro, way to represent the Lexus IS-F!!!!
Old 01-25-15, 11:57 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

How did you go about unclogging the holes on the rotors? just a wash? or did you use something else?
Old 01-25-15, 12:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

You're going to be a professional in no time! Looks like a blast man!
Old 01-25-15, 02:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

washed and sprayed the car with gloss enhancer and wiped down the interior. Now the car looks like nothing ever happened. ( the only physical damage I can see are 3 pin piont pits in my windshield on the passenger side, and 2 pin point chips in the rear right door handle. ) Reminds me of that Carlos Lago quote about the iSF being the quiet accountant in the office who has been secretly training for MMA. Well my F beat the ish out a bunch of other cars and brawled all day. Now the car is showered, got some cologne and is going back to the office without any signs of the brutal beating she gave others or any of the signs that any strenuous work had been done. Kind of like a superhero

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Awesome bro, way to represent the Lexus IS-F!!!!
You gotta come . Rich is going to hit AMP with me next month. Lets do this.

Originally Posted by Defratos
How did you go about unclogging the holes on the rotors? just a wash? or did you use something else?
I use a little metal tool. Like a poker or small screw driver. Just poke them open again. No problem and you can feel it go through the holes on the front and back of the rotor

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
You're going to be a professional in no time! Looks like a blast man!
Right on ! Its a lot of fun and I think the F likes it too I never get an complaints, tire noise, over heating, weird smells. She is STRONG

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-25-15 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-25-15, 06:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
5/32 drill bit on my DeWalt cordless. Just be sure to avoid drilling holes in the splash shield behind the rotor. It has a little resistance from the corrosion, but it actually restores the holes to their original size. Poking them out leaves behind a layer of brake dust. AMHIK.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I8ABMR F'd Arizona's Wild Horse Pass - East Track