IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

what to do..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 12:56 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my humble opinion, go with the power goodies. I have an intake, headers, and exhaust and the difference is noticeable and definitely makes it more fun to drive. Much like Zelfiris stated, if you don't mind the smell, it will not be a problem for you. I would like to have the carbon fiber goodies, but the prices for some of those pieces can get a little crazy in itself. Your car and do whatever you like and will make you happy with it.
Old 01-22-15, 03:57 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Epic and zelfiris, I've heard that the smell is there on here a few times but how bad is it really? Is it overwhelming say on a hot day. My kid is a month old and hasn't ridden in the car yet.
Old 01-22-15, 04:47 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

On my car, it is more noticeable when I'm standing at the rear of the car with the engine on. As far as the interior, I haven't smelled anything at all, even with my windows down cruising. I have a one month old, 2 year old, and a 4 year old. Not a problem as long as you load them up before you start the engine. lol.
Old 01-22-15, 05:09 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EpikOEM
On my car, it is more noticeable when I'm standing at the rear of the car with the engine on. As far as the interior, I haven't smelled anything at all, even with my windows down cruising. I have a one month old, 2 year old, and a 4 year old. Not a problem as long as you load them up before you start the engine. lol.
That's good to know. What setup are you running and how's it in the car as far as sound?
Old 01-22-15, 05:32 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been driving my new baby girl since she was a month old in my PPE header/Joe Z and no cat set up. She is almost 6 months old now and she loves it. Always falls into deepest sleep from the drone probably. I smell the gas smell when I first fire it up but not inside the car. With windows down in traffic there is a slight smell but my wife doesn't even notice it. She also doesn't think car sounds any louder with the headers so she may be deaf and losing her sense of smell.
Old 01-22-15, 07:06 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lmood
That's good to know. What setup are you running and how's it in the car as far as sound?
I have an Injen Intake, Sikky headers, and Joe Z exhaust. The sound is freaking awesome! It is a little louder with the headers and has more of a V8 growl to it. The sound is very deep and just fun when you mash on the gas with the exception that your gas mileage goes to crap. lol!
Old 01-23-15, 08:13 AM
PremiumG
Driver

The CF pieces, bigger wheels, lowered stance are all very nice and gives the F that personal touch which makes a noticeable difference compared to the stock look. But IMO, if I was to put them in order, performance mods come first. There isn't much to do I/H/E, all that will cost less than a new TOMS CF 3-piece aero package. As far as the smelly fumes a pair HFC can fix that if it's bothersome. I will have the last of the performance trio done next week with my PPE header install. Then I'll start saving for a few aesthetic additions.
Old 01-23-15, 08:58 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually have a stuffed nose and I still notice the smell in the cabin. It doesn't bother me as much. But my passengers often do point out to me it smells like gas lol

Like the others said, I vote to go for I/H/E first. I'm looking into CF pieces now and man, they are so pricey.
Old 01-23-15, 11:41 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I have been driving my new baby girl since she was a month old in my PPE header/Joe Z and no cat set up. She is almost 6 months old now and she loves it. Always falls into deepest sleep from the drone probably. I smell the gas smell when I first fire it up but not inside the car. With windows down in traffic there is a slight smell but my wife doesn't even notice it. She also doesn't think car sounds any louder with the headers so she may be deaf and losing her sense of smell.
Hilarious, I've just recently added JoeZ to my car which already had headers. It is louder but the more I drive it the more subtle the sound becomes and the more addicted I am to the sound.

....wife hasn't been in the car since installing the exhaust yet , the kids just love the car
Old 01-23-15, 10:34 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I think the headers and exhaust combo will give you a new love for your car. I have the CF goodies too, and they are great, but if you're not lowered on some wheels the CF parts don't do it much justice. The headers will really wake the car up and really set it apart on the road. It also increases smiles per hour. lol
Old 01-24-15, 06:06 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
I think the headers and exhaust combo will give you a new love for your car. I have the CF goodies too, and they are great, but if you're not lowered on some wheels the CF parts don't do it much justice. The headers will really wake the car up and really set it apart on the road. It also increases smiles per hour. lol
I'm about to be lowered, which is another concern for me because I have to drive over a few speed bumps and a set of dragons teeth everyday to and leaving work. I know with the eibachs I have it won't drop the car too much but I already hear the car scrape, just a little and depends on how I drive over it, on the dragons teeth.
Old 01-24-15, 07:35 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lmood
I'm about to be lowered, which is another concern for me because I have to drive over a few speed bumps and a set of dragons teeth everyday to and leaving work. I know with the eibachs I have it won't drop the car too much but I already hear the car scrape, just a little and depends on how I drive over it, on the dragons teeth.
I just got a CF lip, my car is lowered on swift springs, and I may hold off on install until my new house is built. I have a little concrete step up in my garage and my front bumper usually hovers over it so I fit in the garage lol. I picked up my headers for $700 on the california craigslist
Old 01-24-15, 08:30 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
I just got a CF lip, my car is lowered on swift springs, and I may hold off on install until my new house is built. I have a little concrete step up in my garage and my front bumper usually hovers over it so I fit in the garage lol. I picked up my headers for $700 on the california craigslist
Man that's a steal! Too bad I'm not that lucky here.