IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Audi S5 vs ISF

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 02:16 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Funny this thread came up.

Came back from a work party downtown the other night and ran into a brand new S5. I revved at him, then, imagine that, I got next to him (left side) at the next light. We were all alone.

I destroyed him so badly off the line, I quite literally thought he had quit the race. I got off the gas, the ISF dragon quieted, and I heard his little rev at about 6k on my 4 o'clock. He pulled up on me at this point and I hit it again - and destroyed him again. Bad driver in the car or not, I destroyed this new S5 (twice) and deafened him with the sound of my dragon.

I'm 90% certain he was set on making a left but was too humiliated. He moved two lanes over, signaled and made the right. I've always tried to be a humble gentlemen when I've lost races and often throw grins / thumbs up at the car even if I don't like it. Props. This S5 put his tail between his legs, took himself to a place where he probably pulled a U in due time & eventually made it where he wanted to go. Plain and simple; I started ***** with him respectfully, he played along, and got destroyed horribly.

The car is a numbers mismatch. Lobux said something in a recent thread about ignoring numbers / dynos and leaving factors to DRIVERS and CARS. I'm completely with that. Yes, maybe this is a mismatch but OH GOD it's still so much fun when it's an Audi.
Old 01-08-15, 03:51 PM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
The first 60 mph from a dig, sure. Because of AWD. After that or a roll, it's not close
That is what it was, we were both rolling down the street. (not at a stop), and he moved quick for the first 60 mph.
Old 01-08-15, 05:26 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I went head to head with the newer supercharged S4 that was flashed and I do have mods so it was "fair" I did not open the bottle and took him by 4 ish cars on the highway... I have not met many audi drivers that will really use their car. Seems like their all afraid they will break IMO.
Old 01-08-15, 05:27 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I have two good friends with S5s (the V8 versions). I've driven both of their cars, and they've both driven my ISF (back when it was bone stock). They both agreed that my ISF was faster than their cars, and I would agree after driving theirs. One of my friends drove my ISF on some back roads that had a mix of turns and some long straights, and I drove his S5 right behind him. He was giving it a little bit, and I was pushing his car to try and catch up, but he was definitely pulling away.

In my opinion, the S5 is one of the best LOOKING cars on the road, period, for any price range. I really like the car both inside and out. But the ISF is faster for sure.
Old 01-09-15, 10:32 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I posted my encounter with a new rs5 months ago and it was close but i was slightly quicker. s5 isn't a close match
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rac...-audi-rs5.html
Old 01-09-15, 11:42 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, some S5 rolled up on Eric (elowderm) a couple of days ago; was riding his ***. Eric was able to make his point very quickly. Said the guy didn't come close to him again.
Old 01-09-15, 09:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

speak of the devil. I ran with a white one on the way home from work today. I dusted him. Had about 2 cars on him and he just backed off. LOL Wouldnt even pull up next to me at the following light.
Old 01-11-15, 10:29 AM
kevintari
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how the F does against an RS5? That seems like a closer comparison of power trains.
Old 01-11-15, 03:19 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good question, if i ever come across one ill run it and let you know lol
Old 01-12-15, 07:54 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kevintari
Anyone know how the F does against an RS5? That seems like a closer comparison of power trains.
look up 3 posts....
Old 01-13-15, 09:34 AM
kevintari
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, just found them. What's even more interesting are a couple of videos I found showing an F keeping up with an M5 on a straight.
Old 01-13-15, 11:06 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

V6 S5s with simple tune will take and beat a stock F. And might be a match for a fully bolted F if tuned correctly. The video below shows a simply tuned S5 matching an RS5 which is a bit faster than the F.

Old 01-13-15, 11:37 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

any tuned audi will take an F

A stock S5 most likely not an RS5 most likely will.

No F will take an M5, you guys have to remember everyone drives different some people jump the start and others arent willing to push there car that hard. Just because you seen a video of something beating something else does not mean that is real world.

The F is a spirited sedan that sounds nice but a race car not really
Old 01-13-15, 12:04 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

From a standing still the RS5 will beat the F. From a roll the F will take it. My friend has one and this is always the outcome even when I drive his and he drives mine.

The problem with the F is always traction. I haven't been able to hook well from standing still in the F no matter what I try. I'm due for a tire change soon so I'll see how it does with better rubber on it.
Old 01-13-15, 12:16 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
From a standing still the RS5 will beat the F. From a roll the F will take it. My friend has one and this is always the outcome even when I drive his and he drives mine.

The problem with the F is always traction. I haven't been able to hook well from standing still in the F no matter what I try. I'm due for a tire change soon so I'll see how it does with better rubber on it.
This is exactly what I've heard as well. Get the F some appropriate rubber and it'll take down an RS5. I'd love to be the guy or to at least see it. Rubber is in the mail, in any case.

Quick Reply: Audi S5 vs ISF