IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GSF is Finally Here - ISF Coming?

Old 01-07-15, 10:11 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
Why is anyone surprised? It's typical Lexus.
Same with Acura and its 300hp 3.5L V6 lol
Old 01-07-15, 10:34 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Coming from a guy who owns and has owned a few Lexus cars, the GSF seems to be a wasted opportunity. I really wouldn't mind paying 100-120k for a GSF it was a competition killer, but it seems that lexus isn't interested in being a class leader.

The last few years have been a huge letdown for the lexus performance faithfuls! Waited for the RCF... Lexus builds a car that my ISF makes irrelevant. Waiting for the GSF... Lexus is probably going to make a car that every competitor makes irrelevant. If things continue like this ill be heading into the Porsche arena and never looking back at a brand thats afraid to truly make waves.

literally took the words out of my mouth. Could not agree more. As a huge fan and owner of the ISF I was thinking of picking up a GSF used down the line, but like anyone who owns a special vehicle like this, I want to feel the pride . At least the ISF had similar power to the M3 and even more torque.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-07-15 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-07-15, 10:45 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
[/B]
literally took the words out of my mouth. Could not agree more. As a huge fan and owner of the ISF I was thinking of picking up a GSF used down the line, but like anyone who owns a special vehicle like this, I want to feel the pride . At least the ISF had similar power to the M3 and even more torque.
EXACTLY. Which is why (so far) this 467hp business makes little-to-no sense to me...
Old 01-07-15, 10:55 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

my sentiments mirror many of my fellow is-f owners. just can't see myself getting into something that, even though roomier or more luxurious, newer, etc., but w/ similar performance of my current car. like many, i was seriously thinking of getting into the gs-f later down the line, slightly used. maybe i'll change my mind but for now, nah.

i wish lexus would do a serious collab w/ TMG and make some bonkers cars. sure it'll have an initially big price tag but after a few years...
Old 01-07-15, 11:07 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wonder if they will offer a Gs-f f sport option lol
Old 01-07-15, 11:54 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

At this point making a 467 HP - IS F would be a moot point...

Maybe they are saving the TWINS for the next generation IS F

~ Joe Z
Old 01-07-15, 01:33 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah, hell yeah 550 hp twin turbo v8 next generation ISF lolz
Old 01-07-15, 01:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I guess I'll keep the ISF, pay it off, and then just buy a huge luxury sedan for my DD and keep the F for weekends and track days
Old 01-07-15, 01:53 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
At this point making a 467 HP - IS F would be a moot point...

Maybe they are saving the TWINS for the next generation IS F

~ Joe Z
But would they really produce a GSF @ 467, then shortly after produce a new-gen ISF with more power?
Old 01-07-15, 01:55 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I guess I'll keep the ISF, pay it off, and then just buy a huge luxury sedan for my DD and keep the F for weekends and track days
Might just get a used CTS-V and mod it, beat the hell out of it, then go back to the ISF when it implodes
Old 01-07-15, 02:00 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, I'll keep my IS-F.

It is also somewhat amusing to me that there is so much interest in going to the turbo engines on this forum. I've owned a few BMW's over the years and the switch from NA motors, to the turbo motors, was like sacrilege in the BMW community lol (especially after the e90 M3's v8).
Old 01-07-15, 02:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

imagine how much less power the GSF has then add to that the tuneability of the turbo motors AND the fact that Lexus has their ECUs locked up like the the cure for life, the GSF will be crushed all over the place. Lights, tracks, drag strips. .......it will be looking at the tail lights of the Zee Germans . And all we have to hide behind again is the reliability and the great customer service...................again.

I almost feel like Lexus owes us an explanation for this **** up. Is it just weak lexus power as usual or a huge marketing issue. We have always compared the GS to the 5 and LS to the S and I dont think we should stop now because they screwed this up big time , BUT I have never seen a dispreprancy this large in power between Lexus and any competitor. Almost feel like they are killing the ISF to force people to move up to the GSF if they have chosen to procreate.
Old 01-07-15, 03:58 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus doesn't owe you or anyone else an explanation lol. It's a bloody sports sedan with close to 500hp. If you're worried about magazine racing or drags buy something else, simple as that. Go look at M5, E63 et all repair bills and you'll understand why some people will sacrifice a few ponies for not having to worry about their car randomly exploding. I'm busy as ****, I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with that nonsense.

This is one of the last normally aspirated V8 cars that will ever be produced, they should be applauded for keeping it real. I would have liked a bit more power too but we all know we can do IHE to get over 500hp crank easy. So everyone needs to relax a bit, it's a proven flawlessly reliable drivetrain in a chassis that weighs less than any of its competitors. Ya, it may not be as powerful, but I think we all know the ownership experience will be head & shoulders above the rest. I, for one, have owned lots of german cars in the past and am blown away by how reliable and pain free owning my IS-F has been.

Horses for courses and all that.
Old 01-07-15, 04:11 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Gentlemen let me give you another example of Toyota missing the mark. Look at the FJ Crusier. It could have been the second coming of a Ford Bronco type vehicle. But alas, Toyota decided to put in a V6 (with optional TRD supercharger) instead of the 5.7L V8 found in the tundra. They could have had a classic in their hands. Now its discontinued....
Such a shame.

Last edited by Bigcloud; 01-07-15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-07-15, 06:26 PM
kirk200
Driver

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
Gentlemen let me give you another example of Toyota missing the mark. Look at the FJ Crusier. It could have been the second of a Ford Bronco type vehicle. But alas, Toyota decided to put in a V6 (with optional TRD supercharger) instead of the 5.7L V8 found in the tundra. They could have had a classic in their hands. Now its discontinued....
Such a shame.
I agree - the FJ Cruiser could have been better... and it's a pity that the V6 in it gets the mileage of a V8 already... I still like them, and I am sad to see them going after the 2014 model year.

- Kirk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GSF is Finally Here - ISF Coming?