IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

High quality carbon fiber steering wheel!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 03:34 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks legit AF
Old 01-05-15, 09:57 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprFleaJQ
I actually like the paddles, so I was ok paying for them as well I'm sure it'll still look good without the switch covers, but definitely going to see how much she charges for them as well.

Can't wait to get this thing!!
Now that I am hopefully the proud new owner of Khoa's carbon paddle shifters, I'd be interested to know what she charges for the matching steering wheel controls as well.
Let me know what you find out please chap.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 01-06-15, 01:55 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Now that I am hopefully the proud new owner of Khoa's carbon paddle shifters, I'd be interested to know what she charges for the matching steering wheel controls as well.
Let me know what you find out please chap.

Cheers,

Peter
She just got back to me.. $300 for steering wheel control covers with the sport button and $200 for those without the sport button.. a bit pricey, but it does finish off the look of the wheel... hmm...
Old 01-06-15, 09:10 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She just got back to me.. $300 for steering wheel control covers with the sport button and $200 for those without the sport button.. a bit pricey, but it does finish off the look of the wheel... hmm...
I believe that's due to finding used cores to make. Maybe it will be cheaper if we do a core exchange
Old 01-07-15, 09:53 AM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
I believe that's due to finding used cores to make. Maybe it will be cheaper if we do a core exchange
Agreed. That could make sense.

Will you be installing your wheel soon?

Mine should be shipping sometime next week, per the seller. I ordered the 2nd version with the additional bumps near the bottom of the steering wheel.
Old 01-07-15, 02:41 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed. That could make sense.

Will you be installing your wheel soon?

Mine should be shipping sometime next week, per the seller. I ordered the 2nd version with the additional bumps near the bottom of the steering wheel.
Installed it just now and drove it into work. I love how the steering wheel feels. It looks OEM perfect!! Decided to wrap the button covers red to see how they matches with my red interior. I can always peal it off if I don't want it anymore

Old 01-07-15, 03:01 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Looks awesome Khoa!

I won't be doing my steering wheel controls for a while!

Just noticed you guys don't have the distance adjustment button for the radar cruise control? See it here on the right unit underneath the ones you have?

Guessing they'd need my original cores.

Are these guys based in Texas? Only my OEM steering wheel is in Houston!

Thinking they could convert mine to look like yours Khoa. Very nice!
Old 01-07-15, 03:10 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That wheel looks even better installed. Truly looks perfect.

Quick question - are the steering wheel switches able to be taken off without the whole wheel coming off? You'd just have to remove the airbag, right? I think I might buy the carbon fiber switch covers later on.
Old 01-07-15, 03:12 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stlbluesfa

Quick question - are the steering wheel switches able to be taken off without the whole wheel coming off? You'd just have to remove the airbag, right? I think I might buy the carbon fiber switch covers later on.
Correct.
Old 01-07-15, 03:19 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks so awesome man ! A lot of thicker than the OEM one for sure.
Old 01-07-15, 03:41 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looks awesome Khoa!

I won't be doing my steering wheel controls for a while!

Just noticed you guys don't have the distance adjustment button for the radar cruise control? See it here on the right unit underneath the ones you have?

Guessing they'd need my original cores.

Are these guys based in Texas? Only my OEM steering wheel is in Houston!

Thinking they could convert mine to look like yours Khoa. Very nice!
Yeah you can do that or even order some regular ISx50 switches on eBay and have them shipped there. They go for about 70 bucks. The covers are the same. Just use your old buttons

Originally Posted by stlbluesfa

Yeah just unbolt 2 bolts that held the airbag down. You don't even have to unhook the airbag to get to the switches, all you need is to lift up the airbag a little
Old 01-07-15, 04:06 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Installed it just now and drove it into work. I love how the steering wheel feels. It looks OEM perfect!! Decided to wrap the button covers red to see how they matches with my red interior. I can always peal it off if I don't want it anymore

This looks incredible!! I like your red interior but feel that the red on the switch covers makes it look a bit cheaper.. but, to each his own

But the wheel itself looks amazing. Thank you for taking the plunge on this wheel and sharing it with us! I can't wait to get mine in a week or two.
Old 01-07-15, 04:23 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

This looks incredible!! I like your red interior but feel that the red on the switch covers makes it look a bit cheaper.. but, to each his own

But the wheel itself looks amazing. Thank you for taking the plunge on this wheel and sharing it with us! I can't wait to get mine in a week or two.
Thanks, the red is just a wrap. I wanted to see how it ties into my red seats. Planning on covering a few more plastic pieces in red to see. I can always rip the vinyl out so it's no harm there. This is much easier than wait until down the road to remove the airbag and then take out the switches to do later.
Old 01-07-15, 05:08 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Thanks, the red is just a wrap. I wanted to see how it ties into my red seats. Planning on covering a few more plastic pieces in red to see. I can always rip the vinyl out so it's no harm there. This is much easier than wait until down the road to remove the airbag and then take out the switches to do later.
Yep, vinyl wrap is great for this kind of stuff! I don't think i'd really want to pay $200 for the switch covers and was considering using CF vinyl wrap for them instead. I used matte finish CF vinyl wrap for my window pillars and fog light covers. Considering potentially getting some glossy CF vinyl wrap for the switch covers.
Old 01-20-15, 10:45 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just received my wheel. Looks exactly like the OP's despite ordering what I thought was a different design of the wheel in the top picture. The only difference appears to be the mold of the carbon fiber at the bottom of the wheel between the two versions. I'm not even sure which one I like better to begin with, so I'm not upset that mine looks different from the one I thought I was ordering.

SuprFleaJQ - I'm curious if yours will actually be any different. It looks like they are only offering one style on ebay now (not sure why).

The wheel is definitely thicker than I was expecting. Feels great and quality is top notch. Does anyone know if wearing a ring will scratch the carbon fiber resin at all? My wife occasionally drives my car and she always wears her ring. I've noticed some nicks on her wood trimmed wheel as a result. Otherwise, does the carbon fiber need any sort of maintenance to keep it looking good?

Quick Reply: High quality carbon fiber steering wheel!!