IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete Stereo Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 05:47 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Yes, in place of dvd changer which I dismantled for HVAC PCB. I had to drill the mounting holes about an 1/8" inch lower to allow to clear and for screen to move properly.

I just got my full vehicle GMAT sound deadening material. Also, I couldnt wait went to listen to the Focal 165 KRX2 today, and bought two pair lol. They sound beautiful and put my money down as im out of with work and with pick up and install Saturday and will use the JL 300/4v2 or XD400/4v2 to power them. I cant wait immense difference over the type R's ofcaorse. Pick of speakers shown below. I held tweeter in hand and seriously its almost one pound in weight just for tweeter beautiful construction ready to install when I get back!

Its looks sooo tasty. I can imagine the sound quality. Keep us updated.
I just ordered the Kenwood eXcelon DDX-8901HD. I cant wait to get it installed.

Im gonna run it through my bit ten sound processor. I have a feeling it will be a night and day difference over the stock receiver.
Old 01-08-15, 12:10 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ofcourse it will you have no idea..well im sure you do just saying lol... Completed the last set just added the JL HD600/4 to the mix..I will pick up tomorrow cant wait!...4.5K later so muc for my 1.5K budget..best mod ive done to F so far lol
Old 01-08-15, 12:12 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

What speakers are you going to integrate Chris?
Old 01-08-15, 06:16 PM
chris6878
Advanced

What speakers are you going to integrate Chris?
well my system is actually done, ive had it for a year or two, i was only adding the dvd reciever now.

im running morels elate 3 ways in front and 2 way in rear. got a tru technologies amp for highs and genesis amp for my subs. im running the two elcipse alums. I had a morel ultimo up until 6 months ago when i decided to run the eclipse.

oh and a bit ten sound processor
Old 01-09-15, 01:10 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
well my system is actually done, ive had it for a year or two, i was only adding the dvd reciever now.

im running morels elate 3 ways in front and 2 way in rear. got a tru technologies amp for highs and genesis amp for my subs. im running the two elcipse alums. I had a morel ultimo up until 6 months ago when i decided to run the eclipse.

oh and a bit ten sound processor
Nice front stage and beautiful amps! But why did you go from an Ultimo to Alumapros?
Old 01-09-15, 03:14 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Oh nice, so in actuality im trying to catch up with you chris lol....

Im assuming he prob went with eclipses because they are a bit more efficient for some more displacement ?...maybe

I was ofcoarse running the two type S subs..but thats about to drastically change..I love my gotham sub at home and its so much more responsive. I am about to sell and get a W7 13 with a JL 1000/1 as well and place the port right where the center of our back seat opens up. Working on that next. So much to do with work and school starts in almost one more week.. eek:
Old 01-09-15, 06:53 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im assuming he prob went with eclipses because they are a bit more efficient for some more displacement ?...maybe:
Would this only be true if changing out the box and amp?
Old 01-09-15, 07:38 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by kauaian
Nice front stage and beautiful amps! But why did you go from an Ultimo to Alumapros?
Thanks
I had only one ultimo, and I had two eclipse sitting in my house. I wanted more bass and I didnt see a reason to buy another morel. I kept the morel and Im sure ill throw it in another car one day.

Oh nice, so in actuality im trying to catch up with you chris lol....

Im assuming he prob went with eclipses because they are a bit more efficient for some more displacement ?...maybe

I was ofcoarse running the two type S subs..but thats about to drastically change..I love my gotham sub at home and its so much more responsive. I am about to sell and get a W7 13 with a JL 1000/1 as well and place the port right where the center of our back seat opens up. Working on that next. So much to do with work and school starts in almost one more week.. eek:

Damn That w7 will slam! I always wanted to hear a gotham. I live right down the street from JL....they wont let me in. lol
Old 01-10-15, 12:16 AM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please take pictures of the PCB situation? I pulled my changer last night to get an idea of how much work would be required and .
Old 01-10-15, 08:42 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by powermungr
Can you please take pictures of the PCB situation? I pulled my changer last night to get an idea of how much work would be required and .
IM taking my car to my fav stereo shop the week after next. I lucked up cause they have done countless lexuses. They said they create a mold for the unit and some some other things I didnt know was possible.

Cant wait.
Old 01-10-15, 09:27 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

i hate to open a new thread and i hate to hi jack this thread, but you guys seem knowledgeable with sound system stuff and maybe you guys can help me with my problem. my rear ml sub blown and wondering whats the kind of woofer would you suggest. i need my trunk space, so i thinking only 1 10" with amp. it doesn't have to be high end, i want something decent.
Old 01-10-15, 03:05 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by chris07is
i hate to open a new thread and i hate to hi jack this thread, but you guys seem knowledgeable with sound system stuff and maybe you guys can help me with my problem. my rear ml sub blown and wondering whats the kind of woofer would you suggest. i need my trunk space, so i thinking only 1 10" with amp. it doesn't have to be high end, i want something decent.

Check out the JL w0 or w3. THey are great subs
Old 01-10-15, 04:29 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Sorry I haven't posted any build info yet I e been from Columbia to midland Texas in last few weeks busy... Note you will completely have to dismantle the changer why I got a donor from junk yard and keep lower portion of changer the PCB where the harness plugs into and you can make a "box" for it out of plastic eye or cut a hole with hole saw and mount whole changer in glove box..

UPDATE: installed the focal krx2 and JL audio 600/4 and with about 4 hours of tuning time the sound stage, reproduction, level of detail is unreal.. It's been a while and of coarse I can only compare to type r speakers and home stereo setup with focal be towers with Mcintosh m501 per tower.. And I'm very very impressed. The amp is not utilizing it's own internal crossovers and I'm utilizing all from radio and a merely flat gain on eq.. Much more to come and once downtime a write up.
Old 01-10-15, 04:34 PM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
Same here. I have my sub amp and box already. Just curious what I still need.
Old 01-10-15, 04:35 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris6878
IM taking my car to my fav stereo shop the week after next. I lucked up cause they have done countless lexuses. They said they create a mold for the unit and some some other things I didnt know was possible.

Cant wait.
It will be way worth it.. Hands down my own personal feeling.. But best 5k I've spent so far.. The F is fully personalized to my liking and now that I have a well balanced stereo I'm quite ecstatic.. I Drive the car much easier now lol..been enjoying "Phil Collins, Finally..The first farewell tour".. I think because I drive speed limit I've gotten so many more driving waving me to ask questions ..

Quick Reply: Complete Stereo Build