IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete Stereo Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-14, 10:13 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 96300NAZ
Onsite automation? Small world. I'm a plc programmer.

In regards to ML and nav, is it possible to downgrade the nav? I have the vaistech ivic and I love that I have ipod capability, but I hate having to open an app everytime in the car. I thought I might ask here simce you seem to know a great deal.
Oh awesome, yea going to school for my BSEE, and started on FRACS, Combi units etc, now do automation RSLOGIX, Siemens S7, and CODESYS....for pipe mills and any automation required per customer along with other responsibilities..

Honestly im not sure about "downgrading" the nav or vaistech.. I have had a few friends that used that component but im not as familiar. More familiar with aftermarket integration. I know others may be though. sorry
Old 01-01-15, 03:35 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Well install went perfect as planned, and im one step closer to the F being exactly as I would like! I do want to upgrade the highs to Focals, but Ill wait till around may, but overall beside needing to finish molding radio kit and amp rack sounds much much better wow 4 years has been way too long. Here is a teaser until I can do a detailed write up.
Attached Thumbnails Complete Stereo Build-tuning-excelon.jpg  
Old 01-01-15, 07:09 PM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Well install went perfect as planned, and im one step closer to the F being exactly as I would like! I do want to upgrade the highs to Focals, but Ill wait till around may, but overall beside needing to finish molding radio kit and amp rack sounds much much better wow 4 years has been way too long. Here is a teaser until I can do a detailed write up.
Nicely done. Trying to figure out how to use my focal 33kx sub.
Old 01-01-15, 07:35 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by topguy573
Nicely done. Trying to figure out how to use my focal 33kx sub.
UM >>>ILL TAKE IT! That driver has a beautiful frequency range! and very efficient too! I would probably be temped to build an enclosure and Xover and try it in the house for kicks.
Old 01-01-15, 10:48 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Awesome

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I full write up would be righteous for the community.
Old 01-02-15, 05:56 AM
topguy573
Driver

UM >>>ILL TAKE IT! That driver has a beautiful frequency range! and very efficient too! I would probably be temped to build an enclosure and Xover and try it in the house for kicks.
I have a custom enclosure for it already. Took it out of my IS300. I just need to do more research on how to use that sub off of the factory head unit. I have a Focal 900 mono amp that i pair with it. Not sure if between the wheel wells is the same size as it was in my 300 though. Just need to spend some time looking at things.
Old 01-03-15, 03:45 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by powermungr
I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I full write up would be righteous for the community.
I too have wanted to do this, I didnt know the CD player could detach until I had to take it out to replace my touch screen.

I started out wanting a light system upgrad and I ended up goin HAM.

I started out with Two Tru Tech amps, sold one and then got a genesis amp.
I ran a 12' morel ultimo for a year and then wanted more bass. I had to eclipse 12 aluminums sitting in the garage...s I replaced the Morel with the eclipse (morel sitting under my bed for next build)

running morels in all the doors. Im also using a audison bit ten for dsp. I hate having to adjust it with my pc.....but it is great for tweaking. I also have a vais tech player for my flac files.

I may do what you did now because the stock cd player loves to keep my cds until it feels like giving them back, and my touch screen (replace with a ebay screen) is looking like a$$.
Old 01-04-15, 02:43 PM
chris6878
Advanced

to the op, what wiring harness did you use?
Old 01-05-15, 12:11 PM
topguy573
Driver

Originally Posted by chris6878
I too have wanted to do this, I didnt know the CD player could detach until I had to take it out to replace my touch screen.

I started out wanting a light system upgrad and I ended up goin HAM.

I started out with Two Tru Tech amps, sold one and then got a genesis amp.
I ran a 12' morel ultimo for a year and then wanted more bass. I had to eclipse 12 aluminums sitting in the garage...s I replaced the Morel with the eclipse (morel sitting under my bed for next build)

running morels in all the doors. Im also using a audison bit ten for dsp. I hate having to adjust it with my pc.....but it is great for tweaking. I also have a vais tech player for my flac files.

I may do what you did now because the stock cd player loves to keep my cds until it feels like giving them back, and my touch screen (replace with a ebay screen) is looking like a$$.

instead of 2 aluminum 12's you should just go with 1 Titanium 12. I had one back in the day on a fosgate 1000 bd1 amp and it pounded the asphalt apart.
Old 01-05-15, 05:35 PM
chris6878
Advanced

instead of 2 aluminum 12's you should just go with 1 Titanium 12. I had one back in the day on a fosgate 1000 bd1 amp and it pounded the asphalt apart.

id love to but mitsubishi killed off the car stereo division years ago.
Old 01-06-15, 01:14 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris6878
to the op, what wiring harness did you use?
No harness . Power goes directly to battery with 10A fuse inline, accessory and ground go to cigarette lighter. Everything else ran through door grommets. I wanted thicker gauge because im about to change from type Rs which are ok for most purposes now ,to 3 way focals up front with jl 300/2 and focal access in the rear.
Old 01-06-15, 01:35 PM
topguy573
Driver

what head unit did you use? looks sweet
Old 01-06-15, 01:37 PM
topguy573
Driver

what head unit did you use? looks sweet
dumbass it's in the first post. My bad.
Old 01-06-15, 06:12 PM
chris6878
Advanced

No harness . Power goes directly to battery with 10A fuse inline, accessory and ground go to cigarette lighter. Everything else ran through door grommets. I wanted thicker gauge because im about to change from type Rs which are ok for most purposes now ,to 3 way focals up front with jl 300/2 and focal access in the rear.
so you just slide it in the old cd hole?
focals will wake it up. u going for the utopia"s?
Old 01-07-15, 07:54 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Yes, in place of dvd changer which I dismantled for HVAC PCB. I had to drill the mounting holes about an 1/8" inch lower to allow to clear and for screen to move properly.

I just got my full vehicle GMAT sound deadening material. Also, I couldnt wait went to listen to the Focal 165 KRX2 today, and bought two pair lol. They sound beautiful and put my money down as im out of with work and with pick up and install Saturday and will use the JL 300/4v2 or XD400/4v2 to power them. I cant wait immense difference over the type R's ofcaorse. Pick of speakers shown below. I held tweeter in hand and seriously its almost one pound in weight just for tweeter beautiful construction ready to install when I get back!
Attached Thumbnails Complete Stereo Build-focal-165-krx2.png  

Quick Reply: Complete Stereo Build