IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Has anyone here shipped their IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-14, 01:38 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Has anyone here shipped their IS-F?

I'm looking to get my newly acquired IS-F shipped from the west coast to the east coast. It is a used ISF so I'm not looking to get a covered transport honestly because of the cost typically associated with that. An open transport is fine with me.
I am looking for a reliable, and affordable shipping company that CL members have used or if you know someone who has used a good shipping company please let me know.

I can google all day and read reviews and check prices but I like to hear from people who can make a recommendation.

Thanks
Old 12-27-14, 02:50 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I shipped about a little over a handful of cars half away across the US and always used a broker. I thankfully never had any issues and got a lucky a few times as my vehicles arrived in an enclosed trailer. Down side is you have to be very flexible as they can pickup and drop off damn near anytime day or night. I have read horror stories with some using brokers. I always had the mentality of the cars being used as well. I also knew someone first hand who paid top dollar to ship his car and it still got crushed! Biggest thing is making sure they're licened and bonded.
Old 12-27-14, 03:52 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaSocks
I'm looking to get my newly acquired IS-F shipped from the west coast to the east coast. It is a used ISF so I'm not looking to get a covered transport honestly because of the cost typically associated with that. An open transport is fine with me.
I am looking for a reliable, and affordable shipping company that CL members have used or if you know someone who has used a good shipping company please let me know.

I can google all day and read reviews and check prices but I like to hear from people who can make a recommendation.

Thanks
i shipped mine from NH to GA. it went flawlessly. quick pick-up (which was a big deal as the car was in rural NH), on time delivery ....no surprises

get in touch with Todd at www.toprankautotransport.com. if he's not available, there is a young lady there that is just as helpful. tell her Rick with the IS-F in Ga sent you.
Old 12-27-14, 05:31 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother in law does open transport from west coast to the east coast. http://www.autos2transport.com/home.html

If he can't do it, he will have a friend that does. Its a super popular route. Believe me, I've just tried to transport my wife's new car from Nebraska last week and it was a NIGHTMARE dealing with brokers trying to transport my car. My brother in law didn't go up to the midwest and didn't know anyone that did so I had to look elsewhere. Trust me, absolutely do NOT deal with brokers. All they do is charge you $200 to list your car onto a website called central dispatch, and from there they will give a driver a discounted rate to pick up your car, and keep the rest. Thats if your lucky. If you are unlucky and you inquire about price quotes from a million different online car transport websites, your phone will RING off the hook, constantly, over and over from TONS of brokers trying to convince you they have a driver waiting for you and to deposit NOW so they can secure the driver for you LOL. Or multiple brokers will list you on central dispatch (even if you don't give them permission to) and then NO ONE will pick your car up because theres multiple listings for the same car and that scares the drivers into thinking a scam is going on or that multiple people will pick up the job and they will travel to a different state only to miss the bid. Trust me lol, its a pain in the butt!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-14, 07:52 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kauaian
I shipped about a little over a handful of cars half away across the US and always used a broker. I thankfully never had any issues and got a lucky a few times as my vehicles arrived in an enclosed trailer. Down side is you have to be very flexible as they can pickup and drop off damn near anytime day or night. I have read horror stories with some using brokers. I always had the mentality of the cars being used as well. I also knew someone first hand who paid top dollar to ship his car and it still got crushed! Biggest thing is making sure they're licened and bonded.
I guess it's a matter of finding the right one. Thanks

Originally Posted by DrRick
i shipped mine from NH to GA. it went flawlessly. quick pick-up (which was a big deal as the car was in rural NH), on time delivery ....no surprises

get in touch with Todd at www.toprankautotransport.com. if he's not available, there is a young lady there that is just as helpful. tell her Rick with the IS-F in Ga sent you.
Awesome man, thanks.

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
My brother in law does open transport from west coast to the east coast. http://www.autos2transport.com/home.html

If he can't do it, he will have a friend that does. Its a super popular route. Believe me, I've just tried to transport my wife's new car from Nebraska last week and it was a NIGHTMARE dealing with brokers trying to transport my car. My brother in law didn't go up to the midwest and didn't know anyone that did so I had to look elsewhere. Trust me, absolutely do NOT deal with brokers. All they do is charge you $200 to list your car onto a website called central dispatch, and from there they will give a driver a discounted rate to pick up your car, and keep the rest. Thats if your lucky. If you are unlucky and you inquire about price quotes from a million different online car transport websites, your phone will RING off the hook, constantly, over and over from TONS of brokers trying to convince you they have a driver waiting for you and to deposit NOW so they can secure the driver for you LOL. Or multiple brokers will list you on central dispatch (even if you don't give them permission to) and then NO ONE will pick your car up because theres multiple listings for the same car and that scares the drivers into thinking a scam is going on or that multiple people will pick up the job and they will travel to a different state only to miss the bid. Trust me lol, its a pain in the butt!!!!!!!
Oh I have experienced the headache when the phone rings non stop with these brokers when I shipped a car a few years back for a buyer and I was just trying to be helpful LoL.
The car I just sold the buyer is on the west coast and he contacted a shipper who was blowing up my phone trying to get an exact time and location to pickup my car so he could dispatch someone but he had nobody to come out. Thanks for the info
Old 12-28-14, 06:16 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

I contacted this company though online inquiry today and after reading their solid reviews I am hoping they will be the ones to ship my car.
Thanks again!
Old 12-28-14, 04:59 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I contacted this company though online inquiry today and after reading their solid reviews I am hoping they will be the ones to ship my car.
Thanks again!
I too contacted Top Rank for a quote. We will see how it pans out.

I have always transported all of my own vehicles in an enclosed trailer, but no time for that at the moment unfortunately. I am seriously concerned about the handling of one of my prized possessions for 1500 unsupervised miles.
Old 12-28-14, 05:22 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again!
i really hate that i cant remember the lady's name that helped me out. she was a doll. no pushy sales tactics...great personality...and delivered on what she promised. damn it....im gonna have to call, tomorrow, just so i can get her name. she was that good...

the good thing about dealing with Top Rank, even online, is that you wont get inundated with quotes from all of these other brokers. i was getting emails 3 months after the car was delivered from companies i never contacted.
Old 12-28-14, 09:10 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

i really hate that i cant remember the lady's name that helped me out. she was a doll. no pushy sales tactics...great personality...and delivered on what she promised. damn it....im gonna have to call, tomorrow, just so i can get her name. she was that good...

the good thing about dealing with Top Rank, even online, is that you wont get inundated with quotes from all of these other brokers. i was getting emails 3 months after the car was delivered from companies i never contacted.
I spoke with Jaime, I think the other girls name begins with a M.
The price I was given is about $100 less than what I expected so that's a plus. She had good communication, was very knowledgeable about the process, and answered all of my questions.
Old 12-30-14, 08:55 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Top Rank

Unfortunately I never received a response to my inquiry regarding a shipping quote from Top Rank.

Unfortunate as I work for a large corporation and relocation along with car shipping is a given for hundreds of employees each year. May have been very lucrative for them.

Fortunately, after a ton of homework I decided to utilize Intercity Lines. They routinely haul valuable collector cars from auctions such as Mecum and Barrett-Jackson, and are the preferred carrier Jay Leno uses for his vast collection. The trailers used by Intercity are all air ride customs with lift gates as opposed to ramps, looks like a clean operation.

My F will be picked up Saturday, I will update after the delivery.
Old 12-30-14, 10:31 PM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Unfortunately I never received a response to my inquiry regarding a shipping quote from Top Rank.

Unfortunate as I work for a large corporation and relocation along with car shipping is a given for hundreds of employees each year. May have been very lucrative for them.

Fortunately, after a ton of homework I decided to utilize Intercity Lines. They routinely haul valuable collector cars from auctions such as Mecum and Barrett-Jackson, and are the preferred carrier Jay Leno uses for his vast collection. The trailers used by Intercity are all air ride customs with lift gates as opposed to ramps, looks like a clean operation.

I inquired with intercity lines over the weekend and it took them until yesterday to get back to me. They were not able to give me a quote as the route I needed was not a regular one they run. I doubt they would have been in my price range though.

Top Rank got a hold of me right away even on the weekend and I got a quote I was happy with and for less than I expected. The driver is due to pick the car up within the next few days. I'll update this thread as well after delivery.
Old 12-31-14, 10:01 AM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone still need help with auto transport, let me know please.
PM me.

Last edited by ISThree; 12-31-14 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-01-15, 11:54 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF

+1, I'm looking to leave the Golden State as well in the next 2-3 months. Please share how they were.
Old 01-02-15, 04:27 PM
hayleybean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Montway Auto Transport. Enclosed hauler from Newport Beach, CA to Palm Beach Gardens, FL was $1359. Car was flawless, couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Old 01-03-15, 05:50 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hayleybean
I used Montway Auto Transport. Enclosed hauler from Newport Beach, CA to Palm Beach Gardens, FL was $1359. Car was flawless, couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Good deal!

Last edited by NinjaSocks; 01-03-15 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone here shipped their IS-F?