Question | Switched Power Wire

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-14, 01:34 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question | Switched Power Wire

Hey everyone,

My question is does anyone happen to know which of these wires (shown in the pic below which is to the left of the dummy pedal & e-brake), if any, can be used as a switched power wire for the power source for a V1? The V1's come with a wire-tap (alligator clip style) that then allows you to source power to the module (basically everything you need without having to buy additional parts like the add-a-circuit).

I've seen the various threads and how-to write-ups on hardwiring your radar detector but the all seem to cover either using an add-a-circuit or tapping into the power of/around the rear-view mirror. I'd prefer not to do either (just personal preference) and already have the wire(s) run down the pillar and under the dash near the fuse box.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-post-18.html

Last edited by BieberNutz; 12-21-14 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-21-14, 04:21 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after a few hours of thinking about it and waiting for a reply, I contemplated going the route depicted in the image below (simply shoving the power wire in with a fuse) but wasn't entirely comfortable with that as a solution (for a few reasons) so I decided to purchase/install the add-a-circuit. Honestly, the only reason(s) I didn't want to go this route in the first place were 1) I didn't want to have to spend the few extra dollars if I didn't HAVE to (considering I already had all I really needed) and 2) from a personal vanity perspective not being able to put the fuse cover back on is going to irk me haha. I know, seems silly and in the end likely nobody but me will ever know it's not there but sometimes little things like that can annoy me Kinda like when you know there's a scratch somewhere on your car that NOBODY else in the world can see or would ever know was there...........but you know.

Mods/Admins, if you'd like to delete this thread as it doesn't really offer any value to the community please feel free.