IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My first Lexus and I love it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 04:00 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
AWESOME color combo! My wifes G37 sedan had the grey and red color combo and I loved it. You picked up an absolute beauty! Is that an old vette I see crammed in the back over there?
Ha

yes... Tell her I love these color combos..
Do you like the old Sting Ray's ? Darn Chevrolet; copied the old Sting Ray fastback style here in 2014... they do look nice... but no more 2 seaters for me.. love this small 4 door!!!

yes.. 66 Sting Ray Red Conv. Big Block 4 spd...
Matching numbers car.. all restored.. I drive it often.... original motor, trans, rear end,
originally a red car, and originally a side pipe car..
Bought it from Pro Team in 2006 in Ohio and had it shipped to San Antonio...

Paid too much then but Real Estate was good then.. (which means I paid too much, Ha!!)
because in 2008 Mortgage industry crashed.. Darn!!!!
I sell New Homes for A builder down here...
Old 12-17-14, 05:54 PM
RMA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, love the color combo myself. Great choice either white/red or grey/red combo. I purchased mine site unseen also, dealer in GA trucked mine down & picked up my 2010 G37s coupe. Jealous yours has LSD...
Old 12-17-14, 07:32 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RMA
Congrats, love the color combo myself. Great choice either white/red or grey/red combo. I purchased mine site unseen also, dealer in GA trucked mine down & picked up my 2010 G37s coupe. Jealous yours has LSD...
This is interesting, I too bought mine sight unseen. I negotiated for about two weeks with a Lexus dealership five hours away. Finally when we were getting close to an agreeable value we finished the deal off over the phone and text messages. They emailed me the paperwork, I signed it and drove down and picked up my F about a week later. Never had to give a deposit or anything. Just drove in to the dealership at 8:30pm on a Friday night, took the car out for a quick (as in WOT quick!) two minute test drive and handed over the down payment. check. I'll be paying for another three years lol. Most expensive car I ever bought and the only one I bought without checking it out first.
Old 12-17-14, 10:31 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by TranV
congrats and welcome to the forum! beautiful car you got there. the interior is the second best for the ISF (behind the alpine/white of course)...j/k..
Thank you....... yes, that white is striking...
Old 12-17-14, 10:34 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by RMA
Thank you. Yes, hard to quit a job just to tour the country looking for a car.. Ha!!

I have not burned any rubber off these tires yet... Darn!!
Old 12-17-14, 10:36 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by newgsman
This is interesting, I too bought mine sight unseen. I negotiated for about two weeks with a Lexus dealership five hours away. Finally when we were getting close to an agreeable value we finished the deal off over the phone and text messages. They emailed me the paperwork, I signed it and drove down and picked up my F about a week later. Never had to give a deposit or anything. Just drove in to the dealership at 8:30pm on a Friday night, took the car out for a quick (as in WOT quick!) two minute test drive and handed over the down payment. check. I'll be paying for another three years lol. Most expensive car I ever bought and the only one I bought without checking it out first.
Good for you...

I bet we all would not be buying sight unseen with a BMW... Ha!!
I would be worried about getting screwed somehow on the condition of the car....
Old 12-17-14, 10:42 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by newgsman
We have to be careful , though, buying sight unseen..

As my more intelligent brother used to tell me.. Do not get "Buyer's Ego" when you buy...

I think we all had it!! Ha!!
Old 12-18-14, 11:59 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zpletcher
Ha

yes... Tell her I love these color combos..
Do you like the old Sting Ray's ? Darn Chevrolet; copied the old Sting Ray fastback style here in 2014... they do look nice... but no more 2 seaters for me.. love this small 4 door!!!

yes.. 66 Sting Ray Red Conv. Big Block 4 spd...
Matching numbers car.. all restored.. I drive it often.... original motor, trans, rear end,
originally a red car, and originally a side pipe car..
Bought it from Pro Team in 2006 in Ohio and had it shipped to San Antonio...

Paid too much then but Real Estate was good then.. (which means I paid too much, Ha!!)
because in 2008 Mortgage industry crashed.. Darn!!!!
I sell New Homes for A builder down here...

So awesome man! I LOVE those vettes!! I've had 3 vettes, but all C6's. I was always too scared to pay that kind of money for something without the amenities LOL. One day I'm going to!

I just bought a G37s sight unseen for my wife, I'm picking it up tomorrow! So I hope my experience was as good as all of yours was! I couldn't get it transported because of the holidays (I literally tried every company I could find, and was willing to pay GOOD money too) so I have to fly out to the midwest tomorrow after work and immediately start the 20hr drive home
Old 12-18-14, 04:06 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

We have to be careful , though, buying sight unseen..

As my more intelligent brother used to tell me.. Do not get "Buyer's Ego" when you buy...

I think we all had it!! Ha!!
Ok truth be known, I wasn't quite as brazen as you fellows cause mine was a Lexus Certifed vehicle so I knew I could get pretty much anything fixed if there was any problems.
Old 12-18-14, 11:48 PM
fsport11jg
Rookie

Beautiful car, I called Murray BMW hours after you bought it. It was an incredible price, did they move much from their final asking price?
Old 12-18-14, 11:58 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
So awesome man! I LOVE those vettes!! I've had 3 vettes, but all C6's. I was always too scared to pay that kind of money for something without the amenities LOL. One day I'm going to!

I just bought a G37s sight unseen for my wife, I'm picking it up tomorrow! So I hope my experience was as good as all of yours was! I couldn't get it transported because of the holidays (I literally tried every company I could find, and was willing to pay GOOD money too) so I have to fly out to the midwest tomorrow after work and immediately start the 20hr drive home
On a positive note, 20hrs at the wheel of your wife's new car should highlight any issues!

That's quite the road trip!

Best of luck!
Old 12-19-14, 12:04 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Thank you Peter..My thoughts exactly...
You in England?
I sure love those Sherlock Holmes show.. . Pip Pip The Game's afoot!! Ha!!
Cheers, Zale
Lol Zale.

Yep, UK based. I actually work in London at an insurance syndicate. My largest market is the States, so I visit maybe 6-8 times a year. Main destinations recently would be LA, Houston, San Francisco, NJ, Pennsylvania.

We do have a few good shows over here.

I'm enjoying the U.S. shows more though!

NCIS LA, Hawaii 5-0, Walking Dead, Blacklist etc.

Have fun with the new car Zale. She's a real beauty!

Pip, pip & cheerio for now!!
Old 12-19-14, 02:59 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Hey Zale.

Slight sidetrack, what colour is the stitching on the red leather seats? Tried to work it out from your photos, but couldn't make it out?!

Cheers.

Peter
Old 12-21-14, 12:04 AM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by fsport11jg
Beautiful car, I called Murray BMW hours after you bought it. It was an incredible price, did they move much from their final asking price?
No , they would not budge on the price..
They dropped the price quite a bit if you had noticed...I had been following it and then on Black Friday of all days I bought it..

The Internet Saleslady said when I bought it over the phone, 2 others got kind of mad who were looking at it... Did she snow me? Don't think so... She seemed very honest and down to earth..
I think she was telling the truth... She had driven it some and said it had been babied.
New brakes and new tires she said... .

I could not dicker on the price or I would have lost it I felt.. I have been looking for only a year and a half... Ha!!

This was a one owner car, which is what we see with these ISF's...Not many of these and no one leases them... Those darn BMW's, when I would look at them, almost everyone had come off a lease. I guess nothing is wrong with that, but a lot of people who lease, do not know how to take care of a car, and by not owning it, most likely don't care if it is taken care of.
JMHO
Cheers, ZP
Old 12-21-14, 12:05 AM
zpletcher
Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
On a positive note, 20hrs at the wheel of your wife's new car should highlight any issues!

That's quite the road trip!

Best of luck!
I agree. 20 hours is a long time!! but you saved $1200.....Ha!

Quick Reply: My first Lexus and I love it!!!!