RCF front on ISF

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 05:07 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rcf is ugly as all hell

The interior is a nice improvement

Performance wise the Rcf vs ISF stock for stock should smash the ISF with an available ~60 more hp and it simply doesn't do that.
Old 12-15-14, 05:15 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

You did get threadjacked pretty hard. Sorry about that! I wish you the best of luck in the project if you do it. I'd love to see the finished results. Hopefully the cutting/welding won't diminish the value of your car... that's what I'd be most worried about.
Old 12-15-14, 05:21 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to jack this post... But i think this is the best way to own an rcf...

Last edited by SaintLexus; 12-15-14 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-15-14, 05:25 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Without having seen anything at this point and this just being an idea in the cloud, my thoughts are based around moulding and forming the RCF bumper to the ISF front, without any formidable changes to the ISF. For a few hundred $ I can get an RCF bumper cover and at least take measurements and mark out mounting points etc. That will be stage 1.
Old 12-15-14, 05:45 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Gotta love these forums. I almost felt like I was on a Bimmer forum reading these posts.
Old 12-15-14, 05:58 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zax3gs
Without having seen anything at this point and this just being an idea in the cloud, my thoughts are based around moulding and forming the RCF bumper to the ISF front, without any formidable changes to the ISF. For a few hundred $ I can get an RCF bumper cover and at least take measurements and mark out mounting points etc. That will be stage 1.
So you want to do this..

Buy the bumper, buy the bumper brackets, buy headlight brackets, buy the bottom undertray, buy the fenders and front hood..

Youll need custom bolt locations for the fenders and have it custom molded to flow seamlessly into our doors/windshield/etc.

Youll need to make sure all body parts fit and clear all electronics since ours are situated differently from the RCF.

Youll need to drill holes or make custom brackets to make sure all brackets and body panels can be secured to the car.

Youll need to make custom brackets to make sure the headlights are aligned correctly.

Youll need to somehow make the bottom undertray is cut and secured as how OEM is.

Bolt everything back on and HOPE it looks half as good as the ISF's stock bumper.

Do you plan on running without wheel well covers? Because theirs wont fit ours.. needs to be custom.

If you want to do JUST the bumper then thats even more ridiculous since the LED's are integrated and how the bumper curves into the RCF headlights fits with the RCF body lines.. if you want just the spindle/wide opening of the vents then its MUCH cheaper to pay some asian replica company to mock something up.

Some ideas are creative, this is not. This is why Civics and crappy cars look crappier when they try to make it look like something its not.

Go ahead and try though

Last edited by ISFpat; 12-15-14 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-15-14, 07:32 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^this^^^
Well put.
Old 12-15-14, 07:42 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, other than the sarcastic tone that was a lot of good information. So, thank you, I guess. Look, I understand that I'm driving a $67k car and I don't intend to just slap something together with bondo and 3M tape. I know you don't know me, but half-a$$ isn't how I do anything. I intend to take the time, do the research, measure twice cut once and determine if the cost and value (my own personal wow factor) is worth it. If not. I'll bag it, a few hundred in the hole. Otherwise I will be stocked, have something totally unique and really not give a rats-a$$ what anyone else thinks of it. The intent of this thread was to literally get a side by side picture of the front ends of an ISF and RCF in real life. Maybe get some input from anyone on the guts of the bumpers in either car. It has since become some convoluted **** measuring competition of performance comparisons and judgment. I understand that forums create that type of 'mine is better than yours' attitude for everything we do to our cars and as I mentioned before, I don't really care. Mod's can close this thread for all I care, and in a few months maybe I'll resurface with a finished product or I won't. I find CL to be a wealth of information from an incredibly knowledgeable group of folks, sometime egos just get the best of us and we're not very kind to each other.

OP signing off.
Old 12-15-14, 08:18 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
I love how you used the worst possible time to make the RCF time much better. Do you know her many magazine reviews have gotten the ISF 0-60 in 4.4 and 12.4 for the quartermile? Members here gotten 12.3 bone stock.
My ISF with headers and exhaust made 409whp and 380 tq on a Dynojet on a hot 90 degree day. First dyno chart I have seen for the RCF is 379whp. The ISF gains about 50-60whp with headers and exhaust combo. Many ISF with headers and exhaust has gotten their 1/4 mile time down to 11.8-12.0 so it is definitely faster than the stock RCF
^^^^^^ THIS!!

That ToyLex guy used probably the slowest time I've seen for an IS-F compared to probably the quickest time for the RC-F. I mean when is an IS-F a 13.1 car?

If you want to compare Apples to Apples, let's use some decent test results from Car and Driver instead shall we? http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...trumented-test
C/D TEST RESULTS: IS-F
Zero to 60 mph: 4.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.8 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 24.7 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.7 sec @ 114 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 172 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 159 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.92 g

VS:

C/D TEST RESULTS RC F:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.9 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 16.7 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.7 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.5 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.2 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.8 sec @ 114 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 171 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 154 ft
Roadholding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's now look at MOTOR TREND times.

IS-F
0-60 MPH 4.3 sec
QUARTER MILE 12.7 sec @ 113.4 mph

VS.

RC-F
0-60 MPH 4.5 sec
QUARTER MILE 12.9 sec @ 110.3 mph

When Motortrend tested the IS-F it trapped almost identical to a C63 AMG. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html

Roadfly.com got the IS-F to do 0-60 in 4.5 and 1/4 in 12.5 sec.

If we were to magazine race the IS-F is faster in acceleration and has a higher top speed. =) That's STOCK vs. STOCK. I have no clue on why people think the RC-F is faster in acceleration and the IS-F needs to be modded to hang....??? It's like people have it backwards lol

It's obvious ToyLex has no clue about the IS-F, he assumed with headers and exhaust we net 20hp. Try over 400 WHP with headers and exhaust....

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 12-16-14 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-15-14, 08:20 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

The 3IS conversion works well on the 2IS. I think this has potential. Your biggest headache will come with the grill meeting the hood when you mold the RCF bumper into the oem ISF bumper (you use the portion around the headlights mainly from your F). Try to measure the rcf grill width and see how it will sit between your headlights and gauge best you can on how it will fit against the hood.

Don't let the side tracking discourage you. I'm all for originality... My car screams it afterall
Old 12-15-14, 08:51 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

DSC00599.1

This is the only shot I have of the RC F and my IS F together side by side. It's a unique approach, and it would integrate well given Lexus' use of the Spindle Grille on its models now. Those headlights and integrated LED swooshes to the bumper are what makes the RC F so great from the front. Hope this helps, and as heyarms mentioned, the 3IS front to 2IS body was so widely accepted, that I, too, think it could be a work of art on the IS F front.

Best of luck, OP!
Old 12-15-14, 10:05 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ ISF front looks better. I kid I kid

I commend the OP for thinking about doing something different. I think even if it works, stylistically it might not look that great, the reason being that the RC-F in general has a lot more sharp angles in the panels across the board, even more so than the 3IS. As such, it might not match the rest of the IS-F's lines.. Just my 2 cents. Good luck though, I'm sure a talented body shop can definitely make it work.
Old 12-15-14, 11:49 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I do understand where the op is coming from. Luckily there are only around 200 ISF's in the UK, and mine is already probably the most modified of all of them (still not finished I might add!).

Doing something different can be worthwhile if you have the time, money, and patience.

I'd also be wary about your insurance provider. A lot of them won't cover these kind of major changes to the styling without a big hike in your premiums.

It's an interesting idea, but not to my tastes.

Best of luck with it though.
Old 12-22-14, 08:21 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

If your going to go with try this conversion I think going with RCF front bumper would be way to evolved it's just to big a totally different platform nothing would line up fenders, hood, etc. And I've seen them in person, the spindle grill on RCF and RC are massive.

Now 3Is is based off 2Is dimensions are much closer making it much more feasible to mold 3Is bumper onto ISF and to me the dimensions on 3Is bumper would aesthetically look better on ISF. Since this has been done already to 2Is it should work on ISF but I would try to retain break ducts and fog light housing areas when molding the two bumpers.
Old 07-05-16, 08:20 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Some guy on ISF Freaks FB page did this. I think it looks better compared to 3IS bumper on the ISF. In my opinion, it looks like a 2016 ISF. Lol.

Quick Reply: RCF front on ISF