IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-14, 08:13 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(

So I just bought my 2011 IS-F back in August and within the first couple months of owning it, it got damaged in a hail storm Over 20 years of owning cars and never once had a car get hail damage until this one, the most expensive car I've ever bought...funny how that works

Anyways, the PDR is being done on Mon/Tues and I am just hoping everything comes out nice. Fortunately the hail damage was not too severe, mostly on the roof and hardly even noticeable unless you look very closely. They still have to take out the headliner and sunroof which is what worries me the most...

Anyways, wish me luck and hopefully next week I can come back and say the job was flawless and I'm happy to have a dent free F lol.
Old 11-20-14, 07:32 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that, good luck with the repair.
Old 11-20-14, 08:27 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to hear this dude.

Hope it comes back as nice as you are hoping it will.

Mine had a knock a couple months back when it was parked outside the house!

Neighbour backed into it! You can imagine my reaction!!

I'm sure they'll do a good job.
Old 11-20-14, 08:27 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck man! Take before and after pics!
Old 11-20-14, 08:44 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Any pictures of the damage?
Old 11-20-14, 10:08 AM
justinco
Driver

No pictures yet. I will try to take some photos prior to the repair, but it is very hard to see the dings because of the pearl white paint. I don't even know when the car got the hail damage, I just happened to notice one afternoon when filling the car up at the gas station. The sun was setting and lighting was just right, that was when I saw all the dings on the roof and let out a big W T F !?!?

Thanks for the words, hoping everything goes smoothly as this car is my baby
Old 11-20-14, 10:27 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Never had hail damage to my F, but back in 2011 I had hail damage to my Silverado in also was white, and the damage was hard to see. I had to bring it back three times to get everything out. I really only caught it, when I was waxing the truck. In the end everything worked out. I don't know why they would have to remove the headliner, they didn't have to on my truck, and there was a lot of damage to the roof.

Good Luck!

Lou
Old 11-20-14, 10:34 AM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Never had hail damage to my F, but back in 2011 I had hail damage to my Silverado in also was white, and the damage was hard to see. I had to bring it back three times to get everything out. I really only caught it, when I was waxing the truck. In the end everything worked out. I don't know why they would have to remove the headliner, they didn't have to on my truck, and there was a lot of damage to the roof.

Good Luck!

Lou
Hmm good to know. They said they have to remove the headliner, sunroof, and even the headlights and tailights, to get the tools inside to pop the dents out.

I am most worried about the car getting taken apart, then not put back together correctly...
Old 11-20-14, 11:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

sorry to hear this. In AZ ( of all places ) we get hail too sometimes int he summer. Every time we get a crazy monsoon or hail I worry about my car out in the parking lot. In the end they can fix it without paint so it should be fine. Just tell the guy to take his time and you are an **** owner so he need to use his lamps and really look for those little dents
Old 11-20-14, 01:20 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Plus, the cars aren't that difficult to break down and refit.

I was always taking apart my Supra to install, remove, clean etc.

The ISF is no different. Admittedly parts are pricier if you break things, but that's there problem, not yours!

I'm sure they'll do just fine dude.

Your pride and joy will be sent free in no time.

The Arizona hailstorm reference made me laugh. Had multiple property damage claims to deal with after the big 2010 storms!

I work for an Underwriter at Lloyd's of London. We insure lots of commercial and residential property in the US.

You do get some nasty hailstones over there!
Old 11-20-14, 01:29 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
sorry to hear this. In AZ ( of all places ) we get hail too sometimes int he summer. Every time we get a crazy monsoon or hail I worry about my car out in the parking lot. In the end they can fix it without paint so it should be fine. Just tell the guy to take his time and you are an **** owner so he need to use his lamps and really look for those little dents
Oh yea, I remember the monsoon and hail storms. I was born and raised in Scottsdale, moved away to nicer weather 18 yrs ago

I've already let them know how I am a perfectionist when it comes to my cars, but you can bet I will remind them come Monday
Old 11-20-14, 01:37 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Plus, the cars aren't that difficult to break down and refit.

I was always taking apart my Supra to install, remove, clean etc.

The ISF is no different. Admittedly parts are pricier if you break things, but that's there problem, not yours!
That's good to know! I am afraid of clips and things like that getting broken when the headliner/lights come out...but you're right, that's their problem to fix.
Old 11-20-14, 07:18 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

I was lucky to avoid that hail storm that hit the area this year. My friends FR-S got $12k in damage. Did you buy it off the dealer on Broadway?
Old 11-20-14, 08:02 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by liquidtek
I was lucky to avoid that hail storm that hit the area this year. My friends FR-S got $12k in damage. Did you buy it off the dealer on Broadway?
Yea, Maximum Auto...for all I know the hail damage could have been there before I bought it It was only in a couple bad storms since I owned it, but I never remember it getting hailed on.
Old 11-20-14, 08:22 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Yea that damage was already there. I looked at it when it was on the lot and noticed the damage. They had a black one too that the sales guy told me had hail damage so then I looked more closely at that white one and noticed it on the roof.

Quick Reply: My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(