IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-14, 08:36 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is insurance covering the repair by any chance? Good luck with the repair.
Old 11-21-14, 09:05 AM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Yea that damage was already there. I looked at it when it was on the lot and noticed the damage. They had a black one too that the sales guy told me had hail damage so then I looked more closely at that white one and noticed it on the roof.
I figured there was a high probability it was already there Pissed at myself that I didn't notice when looking at the car...also pissed that the sales guy didn't disclose it (assuming he knew) and I still paid premium price for the car.

Oh well not much I can do about it now...

Originally Posted by joshv06
Is insurance covering the repair by any chance? Good luck with the repair.
Yes insurance is covering the cost, they actually paid out a good bit higher than what my shop is charging me. I will have to pay my deductible of course...
Old 11-21-14, 11:55 PM
Innovapdr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your hail

Make sure that you get a good eat. From who ever is gonna fix it....then go back to the dealer and show him and ask what ins paid him.....chances are he have u off about half of what repair will cost...hail company's that offer u low ball deals will NOT give you the quality repair! Find a long standing company to do the job and let them know when it is done the headliner and all bolts or screws are lined back up right and that you plan to have another pdr company check the work... I so this all the time it won't be a issue .... What I'm telling you is u have a nice car and in the wrong hands it can be devalued quick ... This is a tuff skill and not all the techs doing hail are good there is a lot u might miss be a hard *** and look into the paint not at it...find a bad dent and remember where it is and check it when they are done ..if your car is parked outside when u get it ..Make them pull it inside and look at the reflection of the lights on the ceiling you looking for chewed up spots we call it pickled up .... Stand back and look at the sides for waves.... Good luck and let me know if I can help...if the dealer shorted you a few grand go back and raise hell . That ins money was for you not him to have fun with!!!

Last edited by Innovapdr; 11-22-14 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-22-14, 09:34 AM
justinco
Driver

Yep, trust me I did my leg work finding a good PDR guy. They have been around over 20 years and they have done the tinting on 3 of my other nice cars over the last 10 years, so I trust them. I did have another reputable PDR shop look at it too.

I actually went to the shops first to get them to quote me, before even going to insurance company. Went to insurance company after the fact and they have their own PDR people do estimates, then cut you a check on the spot minus your deductible.

I will update on how it goes, I will definitely be going in to check on it while the work is being done.
Old 11-22-14, 05:13 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Hailstorms a rare in my area, but few years ago I got caught in one. Luckily I was able to pull under a bridge, no damage. Hope your repairs go well.
Old 11-22-14, 08:57 PM
justinco
Driver

So I tried to grab some photos and video of the damage today. It's almost impossible to get it on camera. I was able to capture a couple of the biggest dings but the small ones require perfect light and angle to see them.

Attached Thumbnails My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(-img_6710.jpg   My F goes in for hail damage repair next week :(-img_6711.jpg  
Old 11-26-14, 11:07 AM
justinco
Driver

Went in an checked up on the car yesterday afternoon and talked w/ the PDR guy for a bit. Everything was fixed up except the roof, he found a lot more minor dings and filed a supplemental claim before finishing that.

The stuff he did take care of looked great and he explained in good detail what he did and what else he found. So, I'm feeling a lot better about things. Hopefully get the roof done today, if not then I should have the car back and completed on Monday.

After this is done I can finally get to polishing the entire car and get it in for clear-bra, then a paint protection coating will be applied.
Old 12-02-14, 11:39 AM
justinco
Driver

Got my F back today Everything on the roof came out great and so far it looks good as new! Really relieved and happy to be done with the PDR.

I have to take it back to get the 2 trim pieces replaced still as Lexus did not have them in stock. I will be doing that next week and at the same time be getting the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

Hopefully soon I will have some good pictures to share.
Old 12-02-14, 06:10 PM
v8sedan
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a little advice, after they are done, check every plastic pillar around the headliner to make sure every pins and clips are in properly, sometimes those guys break some pins and you end up with some squeak over time, and make sure it's marked on your invoice that they took off headliner so you'll be covered for that too.
Old 12-02-14, 11:41 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by justinco
Got my F back today Everything on the roof came out great and so far it looks good as new! Really relieved and happy to be done with the PDR.

I have to take it back to get the 2 trim pieces replaced still as Lexus did not have them in stock. I will be doing that next week and at the same time be getting the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

Hopefully soon I will have some good pictures to share.
Excellent news buddy.

Glad you are happy with the job they did.

Look forward to seeing some photos once you get the vinyl roof sorted.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 12-04-14, 12:01 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by v8sedan
Just a little advice, after they are done, check every plastic pillar around the headliner to make sure every pins and clips are in properly, sometimes those guys break some pins and you end up with some squeak over time, and make sure it's marked on your invoice that they took off headliner so you'll be covered for that too.
Oh yea, that is what I was most worried about, everything being put back together properly. So far so good, I have been checking different areas out pretty much every time I get in the car.

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Excellent news buddy.

Glad you are happy with the job they did.

Look forward to seeing some photos once you get the vinyl roof sorted.

Cheers.

Peter
Indeed, very happy Like I said I keep checking the car out everyday to make sure I didn't miss something hah. All good!