IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexon Front Lip Arrived Today

Old 11-22-14, 09:33 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

+1 for protection film. Wish I had the opportunity to do mine. It's already bad from good ol colorado stones and rock chips.
Old 11-23-14, 05:59 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I say paint or hydro dip. Flat black is ehhh. If anything you should have gotten the CF one...but looks good just go with what you want.
Appreciate all the replies and feedback.

Evil Teo, I thought about the CF but this lip was already pricey in FRP, the CF was several hundred more (more than the cost of paint and clear bra from what I remember). That said, color matching was my original plan but after seeing it (in person) against the car in its current state/color it grew on me The good thing is that if 6-months to a year down the line I change my mind I can always go another route - perhaps after tax season haha.

+1 on the protective film - I hear you guys loud and clear and again appreciate the feedback. I was fortunate enough that the previous owner had the whole front wrapped and seeing the value of it first hand I absolutely plan to have this done as well.
Old 11-23-14, 06:12 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blckbrd
Looks great! If it was mine, I would color match it to the car. I think it would make the front look even more aggressive.
Thanks for showing it from the top view. I like how flush it sits to the car. I'm still on the fence between this and the Lems lip though.
Blckbrd, I def see your point about the color match looking more aggressive and while its still an option I think I might leave it for now. As previously stated, there's just something about it in person...I like the way it breaks up the flow and reinforces the lines of it. Not sure if it's not captured in the pics but definitely noticeable in person. I still appreciate the feedback though. You're welcome for the top-view pic. I know for me, and it sounds like you're the same, sometimes having as many pics regarding something as expensive as these parts are it helps to be able to see as many angles as possible. The ones provided were ones I would have been interested in seeing so it just seemed reasonable to share - if they were helpful to at least one then I'm happy Good luck with your decision, sounds like you can't go wrong with either that you're considering - I was torn between the Lexon, LEMS and Braanew (sp?) myself. Like the simplicity of the LEMS CF splitters but couldn't justify the cost for such small pieces - haha. I collected quite a few pics during my search so feel free to PM me if you're having trouble finding anything.
Old 11-23-14, 07:58 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Looking good... CF version would be sick on your car, but matte black also flows nicely. I'm not a fan of color-matched lips... I would paint it black at worst.
Old 11-24-14, 08:56 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good in black.
Old 11-25-14, 01:53 AM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is in the shop getting painted at the moment. How much would a clear wrap cost for the lip?
Old 01-09-15, 10:34 AM
PremiumG
Driver

Looks good OP. After researching many front lips for the F I'm going with Lexon too. I'm still on the fence about painting it or buying the CF version. I haven't seen any in person or really good pics of the CF lip so I don't know if I will be satisfied with the quality of workmanship for the extra cost. If I go with the unfinished lip I know any blemishes will be fix when it's painted. My gut is saying CF.
Old 01-09-15, 07:35 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PremiumG
Looks good OP. After researching many front lips for the F I'm going with Lexon too. I'm still on the fence about painting it or buying the CF version. I haven't seen any in person or really good pics of the CF lip so I don't know if I will be satisfied with the quality of workmanship for the extra cost. If I go with the unfinished lip I know any blemishes will be fix when it's painted. My gut is saying CF.
Thanks man! Sounds like you're in the exact same phase/stage I was before I finally pulled the trigger. What helped me decide (between the CF vs FRP anyway) was the significant cost difference between the CF & the FRP and knowing that whether I simply wanted the look of CF or paint either would be significantly less than the cost of the CF alone. With that said I know a few ppl that paint so I was confident that option would be less and wraps from my understanding aren't as expensive either. Of course at the end of the day a wrap isn't real CF and if you're a big fan of CF then perhaps that's the way to go. For me it was not so I didn't struggle with that decision for too long haha. Good luck with your decision and I'm sure no matter what you choose you'll be pleased. I'm a big fan of mods/improvements that blend with or look factory (naturally I'm a Foose fan) and since most ppl don't know about the F's they rarely know this lip didn't come with the car. IMO it's one of the better more subtle looks.
Old 01-09-15, 07:39 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specie
Mine is in the shop getting painted at the moment. How much would a clear wrap cost for the lip?
Congrats! It's hard to say for certain as costs vary between states and shops. I've heard quotes between $500-$800 for full front wraps (bumper, hood, partial fender to match the line on the hood and mirrors) so I would like to think for something as small/simple as a lip it should be somewhere between $100-$200; especially while it's off the car. That said, if you decided to go that route, or get a quote, certainly share with the group
Old 01-09-15, 07:41 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by justinco
Looks good in black.
Thanks man! So far I'm glad I opted to leave it; especially since the weather here has finally turned. Would've sucked to spend the time/money getting it painted only to not have been able to fully enjoy at least one summer before the offensive weather got ahold of it haha. That said, I think for now I've decided to leave it and depending on how it fairs through the winter determine whether or not I need to do anything to it at all come spring/summer.