IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Vividracing Tuning/Flash

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-14, 04:08 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cronic
Yea I am not sure why it is hard for you to understand. A dyno is a tool used to measure a gain or loss in power. You aren't comparing one number from one dyno to another.

If this car made 400whp on the church dyno before, and 420whp after(5% increase) and you drove it to a dynojet and it made 380 before, and 399whp(5%), the difference is statistically unimportant. It is a fraction of a % difference. Run to run variance can be more than that on the same dyno depending on heatsoak, or any other number of factors.

Besides peak numbers we are going to see the power curve compared to stock, which is likely more important, and where most gains "should" lie if this device works as intended(big if..lol)

If anything the dynapak eliminates the variable of tire pressure, wheel size/weight, etc. That is like saying if you have wheels that remove 3% of your whp vs my wheels, your before/after is pointless.

Not to mention, this dyno is "high", that one is "low", this one "medium"... What is correct? Again, it doesn't matter. What matters is the gains before/after under as close as possible run conditions.

It is pretty much universally accepted that the delta is what is most important. You are probably one of the only people I have ever heard to try and argue otherwise..lol
+12345

I can't wait to see if it works or not.
Old 11-19-14, 07:08 AM
NickIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following hahahahahahahhaahhahah snake oil
Old 11-19-14, 08:20 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just sitting back and waiting for news....
Old 11-19-14, 11:23 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ????
Old 11-19-14, 11:59 AM
Fingers007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll leave this here.
Attached Thumbnails Vividracing Tuning/Flash-vrtune_itsafake.png  
Old 11-19-14, 06:00 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Lol every freaken tune thread. I'm doing this hoping to help out the community. If it works, wonderful; if it doesn't, ohh well. I'll try to get my money back then. I have always been wanting to dyno my car anyways. 107k miles lightweight rotors and wheels and tires; let's see what my car is still capable of making.
Good for you Khoa! I passed when they asked if I wanted to test this out for them. Hope all goes well, for the sake of helping the community you got nothing to lose.

Isn't this pretty much what HG Motorsports was going on about with their "tune", but just didn't have the cases in stock..
Old 11-19-14, 08:44 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Good for you Khoa! I passed when they asked if I wanted to test this out for them. Hope all goes well, for the sake of helping the community you got nothing to lose.

Isn't this pretty much what HG Motorsports was going on about with their "tune", but just didn't have the cases in stock..
Thanks bro. I have seen HG's device; much larger than this and connect directly to the ECU. I'll see how this goes.
Old 11-20-14, 12:52 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cronic
Yea I am not sure why it is hard for you to understand. A dyno is a tool used to measure a gain or loss in power. You aren't comparing one number from one dyno to another.

If this car made 400whp on the church dyno before, and 420whp after(5% increase) and you drove it to a dynojet and it made 380 before, and 399whp(5%), the difference is statistically unimportant. It is a fraction of a % difference. Run to run variance can be more than that on the same dyno depending on heatsoak, or any other number of factors.

Besides peak numbers we are going to see the power curve compared to stock, which is likely more important, and where most gains "should" lie if this device works as intended(big if..lol)

If anything the dynapak eliminates the variable of tire pressure, wheel size/weight, etc. That is like saying if you have wheels that remove 3% of your whp vs my wheels, your before/after is pointless.

Not to mention, this dyno is "high", that one is "low", this one "medium"... What is correct? Again, it doesn't matter. What matters is the gains before/after under as close as possible run conditions.

It is pretty much universally accepted that the delta is what is most important. You are probably one of the only people I have ever heard to try and argue otherwise..lol
I'd have to agree with ISFPat. You're making the assumption that both methods of dyno testing will yield the same % difference when in fact it may not. The difference between the 2 methods is definitely important because both may not yield the same difference. What if Dyno 1 yields a 5% difference and Dyno 2 yields 8% difference. You will not know until both methods have been fully tested.

Example:
Dyno 1 (5% difference) - 380 to 399 hp - 19 hp difference
Dyno 2 (8% difference) - 410 to 432.8 - 22..8 hp difference
Old 11-20-14, 03:11 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by supafreeza
I'd have to agree with ISFPat. You're making the assumption that both methods of dyno testing will yield the same % difference when in fact it may not. The difference between the 2 methods is definitely important because both may not yield the same difference. What if Dyno 1 yields a 5% difference and Dyno 2 yields 8% difference. You will not know until both methods have been fully tested.

Example:
Dyno 1 (5% difference) - 380 to 399 hp - 19 hp difference
Dyno 2 (8% difference) - 410 to 432.8 - 22..8 hp difference
he knows that he will get different gains, but the difference is so small that it doesn't matter. The point from this exercise is to see if there is a delta/gain/loss of stock vs the flash.

You are also looking at it the wrong way IMO, I would not look at as percentage of gain, I would look at it as crank HP gain.

A dyno is just a tuning tool anyway, I would like to see track times/vbox instead...
Old 11-20-14, 07:44 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys want this to fail so bad then yes, you want the lowest reading dyno for the smallest difference.
In the end it is the difference that matters. You can put together your own conclusions on your favorite dyno afterwards.
Old 11-20-14, 07:53 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ????
Spot on, sir!
Old 11-20-14, 01:33 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

I started a new thread to get all documented dyno numbers in for those that are interested. I'll be back to the dyno after 6 days, next Wednesday, for the Vivid Racing's tuned number. Please keep the thread clean of nonsense
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8796184
Old 11-21-14, 08:30 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post, but I recently seen the Vividracing flash available locally in Toronto now. I won't post the link but it is on Kijiji's website if you search Lexus ISF in the GTA region. They are selling it for $750 and it appears they Copy and paste the text right from Vivid's website.
Old 11-21-14, 08:41 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshv06
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post, but I recently seen the Vividracing flash available locally in Toronto now. I won't post the link but it is on Kijiji's website if you search Lexus ISF in the GTA region. They are selling it for $750 and it appears they Copy and paste the text right from Vivid's website.
See post 75
Old 11-21-14, 09:20 AM
cmsal168
Rookie

Very interesting...........kicking back and waiting.

Quick Reply: Vividracing Tuning/Flash