IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Vividracing Tuning/Flash

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 09:58 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by juanmedina
you guys are so impatient, let the results speak for themselves when we get them.

Yeah it doesn't really matter if the dyno reads high or low... we just want to see the difference between stock and with the flash.
Of course it matters..

A dyno reading high will yield more power vs one that reads low.. For something so little as a ECU tweak, the results will be based per HP.

The % increase in power is how we should understand the difference or we adjust the power increase for a more accurate reading.
Old 11-18-14, 10:52 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Of course it matters..

A dyno reading high will yield more power vs one that reads low.. For something so little as a ECU tweak, the results will be based per HP.

The % increase in power is how we should understand the difference or we adjust the power increase for a more accurate reading.
It doesn't matter for this test. We are looking at the delta/ gain, stock vs flash. As long as he uses the same dyno and setting it does not matter.

If you go to high reading dyno and make 1000hp stock and with a flash you make 1030hp.

Is the same as going to a low reading dyno and making 500hp stock vs 530hp with a flash.

You gain 30hp with the flash on both cases...
Old 11-18-14, 11:38 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

^ not really.

If Dyno #1 shows 1,000 WHP baseline pumping to 1,030 WHP then the increase is 3%

If Dyno#2 shows 500 WHP baseline the increase will theoretically be the same 3%, which = 15 WHP not 30.
Old 11-18-14, 11:42 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vervish
^ not really.

If Dyno #1 shows 1,000 WHP baseline pumping to 1,030 WHP then the increase is 3%

If Dyno#2 shows 500 WHP baseline the increase will theoretically be the same 3%, which = 15 WHP not 30.
Exactly.. its all in the numbers.

Which is why I said, the percentage is what matters not the "HP" gain.
Old 11-18-14, 02:56 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
^ not really.

Obviously that is an extreme example..lol

As he said the gain/delta is the most important part.
Old 11-18-14, 03:28 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cronic
Obviously that is an extreme example..lol

As he said the gain/delta is the most important part.
Gain and delta is based on the type of dyno used.. its not a straight numbers game here, we need to analyze the benefit based on how the numbers were achieved as well. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.
Old 11-18-14, 04:53 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ agreed not even sure why this is being discussed.

I still think this whole tune BS is a fraud and mods close this thread just pointless babble
Old 11-18-14, 04:55 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Gain and delta is based on the type of dyno used.. its not a straight numbers game here, we need to analyze the benefit based on how the numbers were achieved as well. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.
Yea I am not sure why it is hard for you to understand. A dyno is a tool used to measure a gain or loss in power. You aren't comparing one number from one dyno to another.

If this car made 400whp on the church dyno before, and 420whp after(5% increase) and you drove it to a dynojet and it made 380 before, and 399whp(5%), the difference is statistically unimportant. It is a fraction of a % difference. Run to run variance can be more than that on the same dyno depending on heatsoak, or any other number of factors.

Besides peak numbers we are going to see the power curve compared to stock, which is likely more important, and where most gains "should" lie if this device works as intended(big if..lol)

If anything the dynapak eliminates the variable of tire pressure, wheel size/weight, etc. That is like saying if you have wheels that remove 3% of your whp vs my wheels, your before/after is pointless.

Not to mention, this dyno is "high", that one is "low", this one "medium"... What is correct? Again, it doesn't matter. What matters is the gains before/after under as close as possible run conditions.

It is pretty much universally accepted that the delta is what is most important. You are probably one of the only people I have ever heard to try and argue otherwise..lol

Last edited by Cronic; 11-18-14 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-18-14, 05:21 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cronic
Yea I am not sure why it is hard for you to understand. A dyno is a tool used to measure a gain or loss in power. You aren't comparing one number from one dyno to another.

If this car made 400whp on the church dyno before, and 420whp after(5% increase) and you drove it to a dynojet and it made 380 before, and 399whp(5%), the difference is statistically unimportant. It is a fraction of a % difference. Run to run variance can be more than that on the same dyno depending on heatsoak, or any other number of factors.

Besides peak numbers we are going to see the power curve compared to stock, which is likely more important, and where most gains "should" lie if this device works as intended(big if..lol)

If anything the dynapak eliminates the variable of tire pressure, wheel size/weight, etc. That is like saying if you have wheels that remove 3% of your whp vs my wheels, your before/after is pointless.

Not to mention, this dyno is "high", that one is "low", this one "medium"... What is correct? Again, it doesn't matter. What matters is the gains before/after under as close as possible run conditions.

It is pretty much universally accepted that the delta is what is most important. You are probably one of the only people I have ever heard to try and argue otherwise..lol
I give up. For those that gets it, gets it. Those who don't, won't.

MK4Sup_isF should have results soon..
Old 11-18-14, 05:51 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Wow.

Anyway, I just hope we are not trying to calculate how much WHP MK4Sup_isF LOST after the "tune"
Old 11-18-14, 06:06 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

If this tune works....I mean really works...I will give my ISF away. J/k but seriously I cant believe people actually think it will work. This tune box was a stolen idea and makes me laugh to think it will work. Oh well. Its entertaining none the less...
Old 11-18-14, 06:13 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol every freaken tune thread. I'm doing this hoping to help out the community. If it works, wonderful; if it doesn't, ohh well. I'll try to get my money back then. I have always been wanting to dyno my car anyways. 107k miles lightweight rotors and wheels and tires; let's see what my car is still capable of making.
Old 11-18-14, 06:20 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
If this tune works....I mean really works...I will give my ISF away. J/k but seriously I cant believe people actually think it will work. This tune box was a stolen idea and makes me laugh to think it will work. Oh well. Its entertaining none the less...
I for sure don't think it will work as advertised, due to the generic nature of the product. I would however like to see what, if anything changes, and wish the tester had datalogging capability.

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Lol every freaken tune thread. I'm doing this hoping to help out the community. If it works, wonderful; if it doesn't, ohh well. I'll try to get my money back then. I have always been wanting to dyno my car anyways. 107k miles lightweight rotors and wheels and tires; let's see what my car is still capable of making.
I think everyone can appreciate the effort. Curious to see what happens one way or another.

Although if you do it on a dynojet it is inaccurate because they read 10+% higher than a properly calibrated mustang dyno. lol
Old 11-18-14, 06:28 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

To those who have..good luck and thanks for trying. Im done with these tuning threads.

Last edited by NotnFsport; 11-18-14 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-18-14, 07:54 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Speaking of this tune, just saw an ad on craigslist from Vivid posting it for sale for $700 lol
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4763541374.html

Quick Reply: Vividracing Tuning/Flash