IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Do u know anyone that may wanna buy my car??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 09:08 PM
yishin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do u know anyone that may wanna buy my car??

Hey I am thinking of selling my isf 2014 with 15k on them
If u know anyone let me know
I never did a selling car myself so I am thinking 75k obo
Any suggestion how do I sell lexus isf ?? Mod one?? Cos I really can't find 2014 used one value
Old 10-29-14, 09:42 PM
RNISF
Rookie

75k for a used isf. Isnt that more than a new one?
Old 10-29-14, 09:55 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

no ones going to pay 75k for a used isf no matter how many mods it has. the car doesn't have a mark up at the dealership so you have to sell for under what you bought it for, part out, then sell the car.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-29-14, 09:56 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by joshhleee
no ones going to pay 75k for a used isf no matter how many mods it has. the car doesn't have a mark up at the dealership so you have to sell for under what you bought it for, part out, then sell the car.
Ok is 65k sounds good deal then ??
Old 10-29-14, 10:04 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It'd be hard pressed to get that full amount. Some people believe aftermarket parts add value to the car, when in fact it will not. If you have the original parts, I would re-install them and then gauge the market in comparison to KBB, Edmunds.com, and other valuable sites to get a more accurate read on where to price your '14 IS F. But the aftermarket parts, while they might be highly sought after, don't add value to the car. It's probably best to sell them and recoup their value and then proceed with selling a stock IS F.

Best of luck to you, yishin! It was one radical F transformation in such a short period of time.
Old 10-29-14, 10:10 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
It'd be hard pressed to get that full amount. Some people believe aftermarket parts add value to the car, when in fact it will not. If you have the original parts, I would re-install them and then gauge the market in comparison to KBB, Edmunds.com, and other valuable sites to get a more accurate read on where to price your '14 IS F. But the aftermarket parts, while they might be highly sought after, don't add value to the car. It's probably best to sell them and recoup their value and then proceed with selling a stock IS F.

Best of luck to you, yishin! It was one radical F transformation in such a short period of time.
So ur idea is 65 k is bit too much I am asking ??
Old 10-29-14, 10:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
So ur idea is 65 k is bit too much I am asking ??
I mean, you are more than able to list it as is for that amount, but I wouldn't expect it to be a fast seller, which forces you to lower the price more incrementally over time. But the vehicle was about 65k brand new (before TTL), so it'd be really hard to have someone purchase it for that amount. I know you're wanting to factor in time and cost of having everything purchased and installed, but to a general prospective buyer, he/she won't consider that as a strong enough factor to warrant a higher price. Typical factors to consider, at least when I've helped others find used cars to purchase are: color combo, documented maintenance on the car, existing and extended warranties in effect, mileage, non-smoking vehicle, and the such.

It's really hard to find something to compare it to because the '14s just rolled off the dealers. It really isn't in the listings for a used example yet. But I will say this, a strong detractor might be 15k on the odometer already. It's been less than a year since you purchased it, which in my opinion, hurts the sale a bit. I know these cars are built to last, but a lot of prospective buyers prefer low mileage cars, even if they are an older model- at least that has been the general outlook from my helping others find that next used car. I still stick to my suggestion of selling the car with the stock parts, which I know will be hard because some of the bodywork inside and out are bonded to the car.
Old 10-29-14, 10:36 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not that 65K Is too much its about how much a buyer is willing to pay.

it is always best to remove after marker parts and sell the car as it was from the factory. you will have more buyers interested.

I sold my 2011 with 38K miles with arkym body kit and lowered for $37K so you will have a hard time finding a buyer of a used 14 for new sticker price. Also it is the last year model of the F so chances are it will be harder to sell too
Old 10-30-14, 01:40 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

sell it at blue book with the aftermarket parts. it should go quick.
Old 10-30-14, 01:45 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

sorry I didn't mean to put 65k into your head, I was just putting it out there that paying about new msrp is a lot. :P You can definitely sell a lot of your parts on the forums, people love quality authentic parts! Like that C-west skirt

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-30-14, 04:52 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A 2014 with 15k miles?

I am actually in the market for one, most likely next spring, but at $65k I think you have over priced the car.

Well...it depends what your time table is.

if you want to sell quick, probalby $56k is reasonable IMO

However, if you don't mind sitting on the car for a while, you can leave it as $62k and see if anyone bites.

Keep in mind, the minute you pull out of the dealership, you lose about 15%, or 10K from what you just paid.

Also keep in mind, if its modded, you will need to disclose ALL of that, and it will further reduce the value you'll get.
Old 10-30-14, 07:42 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toronto dealer asking 74 for a used white isf. Rediculous if you ask me.
Old 10-30-14, 08:48 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I agree with all. Return it to stock and then list it. Your asking too much. Theres a guy in Santee ,CA trying to get $80,000 for a 2012 with 20 K. I tried to reason with him but hes very hard headed border line crazy. Lol $80,000 for a '12 ISF ????
Old 10-30-14, 08:59 AM
yishin
Driver

Default hmm

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=384315935&numRecords=15&firstRecord=1&zip=30019&searchType=both

So how much did u guys pay for ur isf ?? 70k brand new so minus the 10% (7k) so it should be 63 k ? Or is it going to be like 58 k which I got for a trade in
Old 10-30-14, 09:02 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you are better of putting it back to stock then trying to sell it like that

Quick Reply: Do u know anyone that may wanna buy my car??