IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F'd Nurburgring/Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 12:45 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default F'd Nurburgring/Nordschleife

It was an amazing and surreal experience being able to drive my IS-F on the Nordschleife. You are on the track with such a wide variety of cars it is insane. Here are some pictures I found taken by one of the numerous photographers at the track.

Last edited by kauaian; 10-30-14 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Pics
Old 10-27-14, 12:52 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Awesomeness!
Old 10-27-14, 01:13 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I was in germany earlier this year and took a trip to the ring. I kept telling the ppl I was with that I wish I had my car there to be able to drive the track. Awesome pic!
Old 10-27-14, 01:51 PM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Were you driving leisurely ?

I see you have no helmet on and if I was driving the RING at high speeds I believe I would be wearing a helmet. Just curious.
Old 10-27-14, 03:19 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats brother!!! Now get those rotors on and feel the different!!
Old 10-27-14, 03:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Officially the coolest damn thing anyone could do with an ISF. There is no track day on earth that can compare to the green hell. Very cool !!
Old 10-27-14, 09:02 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Lmood, you didn't consider renting or taking a ride in a ring taxi? I rode with someone else from our group first to get the a feel for how everything goes and experience the blind turns and elevation changes.

Suprasupra, I was not pushing it hard as I just put my allseasons on 2 weeks ago and that was my first lap. I agree though I should have still used a helmet. It's crazy all thats really required is a paid toll and that your vehicle is not leaking any fluid.

MK4sup, I got a few things to install after winter. I was invited to go up with a group of people and just could not turn it down. I even thought about just riding with someone but couldn't resist as well, lol.
Old 10-28-14, 01:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Its on top of my to do list before i'll die very cool sir.
Old 10-28-14, 09:26 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

^Yeah definitely on my bucket list! I get to experience this awesome track only in video games...
Old 10-28-14, 10:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

should be bucket list thing for all enthusiasts . What an amazing experience. Its actually the main reason I want to travel to Germany. Autobahn has too much traffic. Green hell is history
Old 10-28-14, 12:47 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kauaian
Lmood, you didn't consider renting or taking a ride in a ring taxi? I rode with someone else from our group first to get the a feel for how everything goes and experience the blind turns and elevation changes.
Nah man we couldn't even get on the track as they were gearing up for a 24 hour LeMans. I did get s few good pics of the garages from the mainstands though on my phone. So much money in one place spread across a bunch of different cars was unreal. But hell driving on the autobahns on the route we took up there was enough to make me smile for the rest of my trip there.
Old 10-28-14, 11:07 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
should be bucket list thing for all enthusiasts . What an amazing experience. Its actually the main reason I want to travel to Germany. Autobahn has too much traffic. Green hell is history
I agree it being on the bucket list of every enthusiast. Germany has a lot to offer and driving experience is difinetly one of them! I live about 1.45 minutes away from Nurburg and the part of the A6 I travel does not get congested at all. Most are traveling at least 100mph once they hit the no restriction sign. I know once you get closure towards the bigger cities traffic builds up and speed limits are lower.

Originally Posted by Lmood
Nah man we couldn't even get on the track as they were gearing up for a 24 hour LeMans. I did get s few good pics of the garages from the mainstands though on my phone. So much money in one place spread across a bunch of different cars was unreal. But hell driving on the autobahns on the route we took up there was enough to make me smile for the rest of my trip there.
I actually went up a few weeks ago for Green Hell Week but the fog was so bad we just checked out the museum and what not. The actual entrance to the Nordschleife is up the road from the visitors center. I don't what direction you came from enroute to the Nordschleife but there are some nice long straight aways coming up the A62/1.
Old 10-29-14, 06:15 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

I actually went up a few weeks ago for Green Hell Week but the fog was so bad we just checked out the museum and what not. The actual entrance to the Nordschleife is up the road from the visitors center. I don't what direction you came from enroute to the Nordschleife but there are some nice long straight aways coming up the A62/1.
We were on Ramstein and headed towards Belgium then headed north I believe. One of the guys on my crew rented a 5 series bmw so I was just a passenger.
Old 10-30-14, 07:15 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lmood
We were on Ramstein and headed towards Belgium then headed north I believe. One of the guys on my crew rented a 5 series bmw so I was just a passenger.
If you are ever on Ramstein again hit me up!
Old 10-30-14, 10:45 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

If you are ever on Ramstein again hit me up!
Will do! I know I will be there fall next year. If I don't get over there before that. Maybe I will have a day layover at the terminal.

Quick Reply: F'd Nurburgring/Nordschleife