IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

To those waiting for a Tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-14, 01:49 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people have money some people don't. The price will adjust with the market...
Old 10-17-14, 02:28 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be fine for bolt on cars, but doesn't really do much for pushing the platform forward with FI options.

The syvecs on the other hand would be a great option to have. I know Proefi had one of their boxes working on an ISF but the trans was uncontrollable at that time. Don't think they felt there was enough interest in it to keep R&D'ng the project.

Funny that a proefi with all sensors, flex fuel, rolling antilag, etc is less than the Novel/Sard flash..lol
Old 10-17-14, 02:39 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
You guys know for 20hp and 29wt the cost to HP ratio is not going to be worth it.

I mean for 20hp just go get an exhaust set up. I doubt you will feel much of a difference.

Tunning a NA motor just isnt really worth the cost unless its a simple plug and play set up.
Yeah some people here really just want to dump their money on small power lol.

It'd be more cost effective to just buy a faster car.

I'll join you soon man don't you worry
Old 10-17-14, 03:37 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

i bet this tune is going to be the price of a used 90s honda civic lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-17-14, 03:46 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

if a tune with headers and exhaust yield 450whp, i will buy it all.
Old 10-17-14, 03:49 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

^May be wishful thinking, but that's what I'm hoping for!
Old 10-17-14, 04:04 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Yeah some people here really just want to dump their money on small power lol.

It'd be more cost effective to just buy a faster car.

I'll join you soon man don't you worry
well selling a car and spending 30-40k on top for 69 hp or 129 hp more is a lot of money
Old 10-17-14, 08:07 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Someone just grind a cam already
Old 10-17-14, 09:42 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

interesting
Old 10-17-14, 10:27 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by juanmedina
well selling a car and spending 30-40k on top for 69 hp or 129 hp more is a lot of money
if you have a chance to drive in a new gtr you will see and understand the difference

anyways the gtr has a large aftermarket support and tons of choices and they have allowed it to be tuned. For under 7K I got my car to add another 125hp to the wheels! Next I am going to do flex fuel, ported intake manifold and larger intercooler which should add another 75whp.

The ISF is a fun car but since there is no tune, IMO enjoy it for what it is and spend a few bucks to make it sound mean if you want that v8 growl otherwise most of the aftermarket mods are not worth it.
Old 10-17-14, 11:03 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
if you have a chance to drive in a new gtr you will see and understand the difference

anyways the gtr has a large aftermarket support and tons of choices and they have allowed it to be tuned. For under 7K I got my car to add another 125hp to the wheels! Next I am going to do flex fuel, ported intake manifold and larger intercooler which should add another 75whp.

The ISF is a fun car but since there is no tune, IMO enjoy it for what it is and spend a few bucks to make it sound mean if you want that v8 growl otherwise most of the aftermarket mods are not worth it.
While we all know there are much bigger/easier gains to be had from tuning F/I cars, it doesn't mean it is pointless to modify N/A cars. Taking an ISF and spending 6-7k on I/H/E & (hopefully) a tune and getting 80-90whp from it is far from menial. We take the car we love and give it more of what we all crave...more power. I don't think there are many ISF owners that have the misconception that our cars will ever be the fastest but making them faster is always nice.

Whether something is worth it or not is subjective. If all I'm interested in is straight line acceleration, I'm not going to buy a GTR for the money...I'm going to buy a fox body mustang and make it horrifically fast for the money invested (just an example, I don't really like them). I love GTRs, but enthusiasts at all levels have fun modifying their cars. ISF owners could scoff at owners of the next lower performance level spending money on minor power increasing mods, but each group has fun with their vehicle of choice.

...BTW, after that quick rant, I must admit I would love to have a GTR. Now if I had my choice I would take a 911 turbo over one in a second because I like the size and looks much more, but the GTR is definitely a crazy force to be reckoned with...and cheaper.
Old 10-17-14, 11:21 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ totally understand I really loved the isf when I had it and it got tons of looks it was just a shame that there was no way to really develop HP other than a few choice bolt ons as mentioned and it seems like so many people have issues with headers so that is why I never added them to my car. I am not sure why Toyota made it so difficult to tune I think it really limits the market.

I would have loved a porshe turbo or GT3 too lol I actually think my next car will be a GT3 hopefully in a few years

I just know these "tune" threads keep going and never come to realization it seems like. I would just hate to see a $4K price tag for 20hp
Old 10-17-14, 11:22 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata
While we all know there are much bigger/easier gains to be had from tuning F/I cars, it doesn't mean it is pointless to modify N/A cars. Taking an ISF and spending 6-7k on I/H/E & (hopefully) a tune and getting 80-90whp from it is far from menial. We take the car we love and give it more of what we all crave...more power. I don't think there are many ISF owners that have the misconception that our cars will ever be the fastest but making them faster is always nice.

Whether something is worth it or not is subjective. If all I'm interested in is straight line acceleration, I'm not going to buy a GTR for the money...I'm going to buy a fox body mustang and make it horrifically fast for the money invested (just an example, I don't really like them). I love GTRs, but enthusiasts at all levels have fun modifying their cars. ISF owners could scoff at owners of the next lower performance level spending money on minor power increasing mods, but each group has fun with their vehicle of choice.

...BTW, after that quick rant, I must admit I would love to have a GTR. Now if I had my choice I would take a 911 turbo over one in a second because I like the size and looks much more, but the GTR is definitely a crazy force to be reckoned with...and cheaper.
Well said. I actually looked at a GTR before but it would have to be my only car. Daily 25k miles a year is not feasible since it's incredibly expensive to maintain the GTR. Plus the sheer size of it is huge. It's an incredible car to mod and make the power if you are willing to pay. 997.2 turbo S is just so damn good looking, even more out of my range. Since I need a daily that can do 25k miles a year, my next car will probably be CLS63 or M5/6 or dare I pray that Lexus gives me a TT V8 GS lol. A NA V8 GS will not convince me to upgrade from my F. So if I can get 450whp and 7.2k rpm for the F, I'll be very happy for a few years. My 800whp Supra is running again soon so if sheer power is what I want, I'll have that to keep me happy
Old 10-18-14, 05:29 AM
yishin
Driver

Ok i am a dumb guy so this ecu is 20 whp up from oem isf ?
If so , what if i do this tune on fully bolt on car ( current 400whp ) what do i get out of it ?
Old 10-18-14, 06:25 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata

Whether something is worth it or not is subjective. ISF owners could scoff at owners of the next lower performance level spending money on minor power increasing mods, but each group has fun with their vehicle of choice.
Well stated..thank you

Digger08

Quick Reply: To those waiting for a Tune