IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Funny dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-14, 07:41 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

lol, although MB could be just servicing cars for maintenance, that was funny.

my lexus dealer has all of that, open food bar with fresh made food, fruits, cookies, chips etc. i go there sometimes for snacks and drinks.
Old 10-15-14, 08:53 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
lol, although MB could be just servicing cars for maintenance, that was funny.

my lexus dealer has all of that, open food bar with fresh made food, fruits, cookies, chips etc. i go there sometimes for snacks and drinks.
lol, no seriously man my 2013 Benz had all sorts of quality issues within the first year of ownership:

-rotors warped twice with very conservative driving
-timing chain tensioners needed replacement for a knocking noise
-gas tank wouldn't till up (it would click as if it was topped off, throughout the WHOLE fill cycle, allowing fuel to spill all over the side of the car because you never know when its truly FULL) <--this one was not ever diagnosed, they couldn't figure out a cause or fix.
-suspension bushings needed replacement for a knocking noise over bumps in the road
-Active cruise control stopped working randomly, then started back up, no rhyme or reason.
-a few thousand dollars short of 50% depreciation in ONE YEAR
THIS ALL HAPPENED BEFORE THE ODOMETER HIT 25K MILES.

....But they do have some great coffee!

I will have to swing by the Lexus Dealer in my area and see what they have going on in there lol
Old 10-16-14, 11:38 PM
ttbasterd
Driver School Candidate

clever lol! but my Lexus dealer has coffee, tea, bagels, cookies…….. better breakfast than i get at home
Old 10-17-14, 09:02 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It seems the German car fanbois are the most ignorant and cockiest for no reason.
Old 10-17-14, 02:46 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coffee hell, my Lexus dealer has latte and croissants, not that I ever get to enjoy them
Old 10-17-14, 02:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

my brother keeps trying to get me to buy a Benz or Bimmer and I keep telling him that I just dont have time for car problems. I have kids and life lol
Old 10-17-14, 03:08 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I bought my Bimmer because of it's safety rating after miraculously surviving a horrific t-bone accident. Yeah, I like the ride, handling and I feel safe. The maintenance costs are high, but not long after the accident I had to retire due to injuries. Since I don't commute, it helps keep the cost low. The IS-F is a bonus for me, and I know I won't be fixing it like the Bimmer.
Old 10-17-14, 04:08 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
lol, no seriously man my 2013 Benz had all sorts of quality issues within the first year of ownership:

-rotors warped twice with very conservative driving
-timing chain tensioners needed replacement for a knocking noise
-gas tank wouldn't till up (it would click as if it was topped off, throughout the WHOLE fill cycle, allowing fuel to spill all over the side of the car because you never know when its truly FULL) <--this one was not ever diagnosed, they couldn't figure out a cause or fix.
-suspension bushings needed replacement for a knocking noise over bumps in the road
-Active cruise control stopped working randomly, then started back up, no rhyme or reason.
-a few thousand dollars short of 50% depreciation in ONE YEAR
THIS ALL HAPPENED BEFORE THE ODOMETER HIT 25K MILES.

....But they do have some great coffee!

I will have to swing by the Lexus Dealer in my area and see what they have going on in there lol
Really what kind of MB are we talking? My mom logged about 90k on her '11 S63 with like 0 issues and now that her '15 S63 iets see if this one stays just as solid. I mean the only MB she had a problem with was her '04 S55 and that a plethora of sensor problems throughout the 3 years it was in the family...

But back to the point only time I have to visit the dealer in my LX or RX is for services and like wise for my dad and his LX. These cars are reliable as hell...
Old 10-17-14, 04:56 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rickna
I bought my Bimmer because of it's safety rating after miraculously surviving a horrific t-bone accident. Yeah, I like the ride, handling and I feel safe. The maintenance costs are high, but not long after the accident I had to retire due to injuries. Since I don't commute, it helps keep the cost low. The IS-F is a bonus for me, and I know I won't be fixing it like the Bimmer.
Glad to hear you are safe! Accidents are always scary, by the grace of God I've survived a few! Many don't appreciate a vehicles safety ratings until they need to experience them first hand.
Old 10-17-14, 05:00 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MjThind
Really what kind of MB are we talking? My mom logged about 90k on her '11 S63 with like 0 issues and now that her '15 S63 iets see if this one stays just as solid. I mean the only MB she had a problem with was her '04 S55 and that a plethora of sensor problems throughout the 3 years it was in the family...

But back to the point only time I have to visit the dealer in my LX or RX is for services and like wise for my dad and his LX. These cars are reliable as hell...
It was a 2013 GLK 350 with every available factory option, and it was BABIED, serviced according to MB specs, right on time the first time and early the second time. It was definitely annoying! That being said, it WAS a new body style for 2013, but still doesn't excuse the issues as my IS-F is an 08 which is also the first year that it was released.
Old 10-17-14, 07:14 PM
Rickna
Racer

Glad to hear you are safe! Accidents are always scary, by the grace of God I've survived a few! Many don't appreciate a vehicles safety ratings until they need to experience them first hand.
Thanks. So true.

On another note way back I had a '77 MB 300D. I drove it for 495,000 mi. Yes, no typo! With nothing but routine maintenance.
Old 10-17-14, 10:13 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rickna
Thanks. So true.

On another note way back I had a '77 MB 300D. I drove it for 495,000 mi. Yes, no typo! With nothing but routine maintenance.
I don't think they are made like they used to be

I had a 99 c230 Kompressor sport and the tranny went out at 60k miles
My 2011 GLK I owned for 6 months and had a couple of warranty issues (trouble with power hatch, and something else I can't remember
My 2011 C350 I owned for roughly 6 months had some issues with the AC blowing warm and the Sunroof had a harsh vibration when opening
My 2013 was a multitude of issues within the first year of owner ship
Old 10-18-14, 05:32 AM
Rickna
Racer

I don't think they are made like they used to be

I had a 99 c230 Kompressor sport and the tranny went out at 60k miles
My 2011 GLK I owned for 6 months and had a couple of warranty issues (trouble with power hatch, and something else I can't remember
My 2011 C350 I owned for roughly 6 months had some issues with the AC blowing warm and the Sunroof had a harsh vibration when opening
My 2013 was a multitude of issues within the first year of owner ship
Yeah, that was a different time. Besides, it was a diesel & built like a tank.
Old 10-18-14, 06:31 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a 2013 GLK 350 with every available factory option, and it was BABIED, serviced according to MB specs, right on time the first time and early the second time. It was definitely annoying! That being said, it WAS a new body style for 2013, but still doesn't excuse the issues as my IS-F is an 08 which is also the first year that it was released.
Maybe part of the issue is that might have been made here in America. Mercedes has a plant in Alabama I think it was, probably might have less strict quailty control than the plants in Germany. You know us lazy Americians on a Monday or Friday, lol jk. But the way to tell by the vin that of it was made here in good 'ol 'Merica or Germany is that if the vin starts with the letter W and if it starts with a number chances are it was made here in the US. Another way to check is look at your door jam sticker it should say there either made in U.S.A. or made in Germnay. Another thing I noticed is to tipically stay away from a launch year benz if it isn't one of then more preium models, they don't seem to care much about the entry levels. But with that being said the S Classes aren't built with that same tank like feel anymore either...
Old 10-18-14, 09:22 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MjThind
Maybe part of the issue is that might have been made here in America. Mercedes has a plant in Alabama I think it was, probably might have less strict quailty control than the plants in Germany. You know us lazy Americians on a Monday or Friday, lol jk. But the way to tell by the vin that of it was made here in good 'ol 'Merica or Germany is that if the vin starts with the letter W and if it starts with a number chances are it was made here in the US. Another way to check is look at your door jam sticker it should say there either made in U.S.A. or made in Germnay. Another thing I noticed is to tipically stay away from a launch year benz if it isn't one of then more preium models, they don't seem to care much about the entry levels. But with that being said the S Classes aren't built with that same tank like feel anymore either...
Yeah it was definitely a W vin. I know what you mean, but then again the other German made cars I know of have issues too, maybe its a German thing lol. American cars aren't made great either, check out the 100+ page of issues on corvette forum for the launch year stingray. My vettes over the years all suffered the same quality issues. Good ol' toyota makes an excellent car, they just allow the cars to keep going even when you want them to stop...is that such a bad thing??? LOL JK.

Quick Reply: Funny dealer story