IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

JoeZ PTS finally installed - Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-14, 04:58 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JoeZ PTS finally installed - Feedback

So I had Lexus install my JoeZ PTS yesterday. went well, no issues.

First impressions : Car is not as loud as every1 stated and no drone. All I had to go on was videos from this forum as no 1 else has the JoeZ PTS in South Africa. Silent on the freeway where i can still have a conversation with my passenger but at WOT it shoulds like the earth is splitting and all hell is breaking loose.

First problem : Traction control is coming in way stronger now cos of all the wheelspin

First question : How long is this "break in" period and what should i expect after break in

Overall impression : I love it and no other car i have heard sounds like this.

Video coming soon
Old 10-14-14, 05:34 AM
dabs
Driver

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...en/joezpts.mp4
Old 10-14-14, 06:04 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Congrats man! As far as "break in" it's piping, so there's really not anything to break in. Your car's ECU "learns" as you go, but that happens relatively fast. I don't think anyone has done any definitive testing on it, but your car should adapt to the new exhaust within the first day of driving it.

The sound is fantastic for sure. It makes the car sound like the 5.0L V8 that it is without sounding raspy or shrill. It's a deep bass sound that is perfect for this car. Yet when you're just cruising about, the sound is nice and quiet. There's nothing like that start up sound in the morning though!

The dynos I've seen show anywhere from 10-15whp added at the peak, with a good 8-10whp pretty much throughout the entire power band. My reverse engineering estimates say that crank horsepower should jump from the stock 416hp to about 440hp with this exhaust, which is a good gain.
Old 10-14-14, 06:21 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

dabs do you have headers installed? as I believe most people had concerns when adding headers to Joez.
Old 10-14-14, 07:12 AM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently had my Joe Z exhaust installed as well. Nothing like that start up in the mornings! Love it, I thought it was much quieter than I read about on here though. I'm really looking forward to adding headers.

I will say with the exhaust and K&N intake the car sounds phenomenal at WOT, and it's certainly added some hp according to the butt dyno too.
Old 10-14-14, 08:18 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I have the Joe Z exhaust with stock headers set up and I can agree on the great soundtrack it produces at acceleration and being relatively tame at cruising speeds. I do plan on getting a set of headers eventually.

As vbb said the ECU is constantly learning as you drive and breaking traction should be less common once it adjusts after a few hundred miles.
Old 10-14-14, 08:21 AM
SpencerISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congets, I'm trying to decide if I just want to do headers or just JoeZ.
Old 10-14-14, 08:24 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice! I just recently had the Borla catback installed and I too have the same traction issues now, the traction control lights up like a Christmas tree all through 1st and 2nd which tells me a catback really opens these things up.

I was cross shopping the PTS and Borla but the Borla won out because of the dual exit on the muffler and I heard it was a bit quieter. Also I don't think I'm on JoeZ's good side since I once told him his intake pipe was overpriced...
Old 10-14-14, 08:42 AM
dabs
Driver

Originally Posted by Defratos
dabs do you have headers installed? as I believe most people had concerns when adding headers to Joez.
No headers yet, but on my list of things to do

The rand dollar exchange is a killer
Old 10-14-14, 08:44 AM
dabs
Driver

Originally Posted by 786
I recently had my Joe Z exhaust installed as well. Nothing like that start up in the mornings! Love it, I thought it was much quieter than I read about on here though. I'm really looking forward to adding headers.

I will say with the exhaust and K&N intake the car sounds phenomenal at WOT, and it's certainly added some hp according to the butt dyno too.
I just purchased a takeda intake and im intrigued as to what its gona sound like.

do u have any vids of urs?

i currently cant hear my second intake
Old 10-14-14, 08:47 AM
dabs
Driver

Originally Posted by Boma
Congrats! I have the Joe Z exhaust with stock headers set up and I can agree on the great soundtrack it produces at acceleration and being relatively tame at cruising speeds. I do plan on getting a set of headers eventually.

As vbb said the ECU is constantly learning as you drive and breaking traction should be less common once it adjusts after a few hundred miles.
I just hope it doesnt get any slower as im entering the toyotas finest drag race next weekend and i need every pony i can find to take on the big guns

I wonder if 102 octane will help?
Old 10-14-14, 08:52 AM
dabs
Driver

Originally Posted by SpencerISF
Congets, I'm trying to decide if I just want to do headers or just JoeZ.
Do both,easy
Old 10-14-14, 08:54 AM
dabs
Driver

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Very nice! I just recently had the Borla catback installed and I too have the same traction issues now, the traction control lights up like a Christmas tree all through 1st and 2nd which tells me a catback really opens these things up.

I was cross shopping the PTS and Borla but the Borla won out because of the dual exit on the muffler and I heard it was a bit quieter. Also I don't think I'm on JoeZ's good side since I once told him his intake pipe was overpriced...
How many miles have u done so far?
Old 10-14-14, 09:32 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and welcome to Joez club
Old 10-14-14, 09:38 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dabs
How many miles have u done so far?
I just installed it yesterday and took it to work today, probably 50 miles so far....

Quick Reply: JoeZ PTS finally installed - Feedback