IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Weathertech Caution!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-14, 12:48 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Except if you get the flash, you'll never be able to do a burnout for drag racing. I just beat up the stock mats and when then get dirty, I get them washed. After 50K miles and 6 salty winters, they still look fine. Who needs weathertechs? LOL
lol, true.

yeah i like carpeted floor mats, when they get too beat up, just order new ones, nice and fresh
Old 10-14-14, 05:28 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

what year did you get your mats? maybe weathertech is aware of this since mine isnt anywhere near the pedal.

also, if mine were, i would go to the dealers and buy two new clips where you hook the mats to and modify that to make it sit lower back rather than cutting into the nice floor mats
Old 10-15-14, 06:30 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got them about 8 months ago, and have confirmed they are the IS350 versions, not IS250 AWD. There really isn't room for the mats to move back and forth entirely, but the top edges can be pulled back as shown in the pic with the pedal caught behind it. I'm not too worried about cutting them since it isn't noticeable there is plenty of mat to cut without ruining the spill cup design.

It is odd though that your mats are different and mine really aren't that old.
Old 10-15-14, 05:01 PM
ScottNY
Driver School Candidate

Hey Sean, it's hard to tell from the pic but does your car have the round impact absorber that prevents the gas pedal from going flat against the firewall? When it's depressed all the way, the metal that protrudes from the gas pedal contacts this thing, which is brown in my 2013 IS-F. I also have the weathertech mats, bought straight from the company, and there is no way to get the pedal trapped no matter how hard I press on it or slide the mats around. So I'm wondering if maybe your impact absorber isn't adjusted correctly, or the metal on the side of the pedal is bent or something.
Old 10-15-14, 07:11 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Yes, the pedal does have that metal piece. Which contacts another piece (can't remember what it is called) and depresses it when you go into "serious" WOT. I understand what you're saying since my pedal never touches the carpet, actually stops a few MM above the carpet, and really shouldn't have been able to go behind the floormat. Nevertheless, even if was a freak occurrence, it happened, so I've trimmed the mat to make sure it can't again.
Old 10-16-14, 07:00 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScottNY
Hey Sean, it's hard to tell from the pic but does your car have the round impact absorber that prevents the gas pedal from going flat against the firewall? When it's depressed all the way, the metal that protrudes from the gas pedal contacts this thing, which is brown in my 2013 IS-F. I also have the weathertech mats, bought straight from the company, and there is no way to get the pedal trapped no matter how hard I press on it or slide the mats around. So I'm wondering if maybe your impact absorber isn't adjusted correctly, or the metal on the side of the pedal is bent or something.
Same here.

I don't have any interference between the Weathertechs and the accelerator pedal.
Old 10-16-14, 07:11 AM
ScottNY
Driver School Candidate

Well, it's prudent to do that trimming you did. I'm not sure I will, because it might make the risk worse. I think the round thing on the floor does the equivalent of opening the secondary throats in an old carb. But if it was too low, you'd have to really mash the pedal to get it to work, and maybe then the mats could get stuck.