IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-14, 06:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch

Had a chace to get the "F" out , so to speak , and had another great experience. This time the track was INDE motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, AZ. This event was a bit more involved. The track was 235 miles away so I had to drive, rent a room , do the event , and drive all the way home. I decided to make the commitment and do the event because multiple NASA HPDE instructors had told me it was the best track in the state. When I registered I thought it would be empty since it was so far away but man was I wrong. It turned out to be , literally, the largest event ever had through NASA at INDE!!
I had the pleasure of going with another CL member ( Blazn335). It was cool to be there with another great car guy and we drew some attention from the fact that there were two ISF's together. We had multiple people make comments or stop by and chat. As usual the people were great, instructors were friendly, and generally the love and passion for driving and motor sports was written on everyones face and car.

This event mixed DE2 and 3 drivers in my class and it was very different from mixing 2 and 1. In 2 and 3 the level 2 drivers were told to let the level 3 drivers by, BUT the problem was that many of the DE2 drivers were faster down the back straight and yet the DE3 drivers expected us to back off and let them pass because they had more experience. I passed in the first session but later ended up letting a few faster and few slower car by to have clean open track to drive on. I decided that my time at INDE would be spent focusing on the line rather that pushing as hard as physically possible, destroying tires, learning nothing, and overheating everything.

This track was more technical than the Bodurant courses I have been on at Wild Horse Pass. There were more turns, harder turns, off camber sweepers, and some high speed curves. I could really...really feel the weight of the ISF at this course. I will admit that I did leave the TCS on and the light didn't come on a single time on this more technical course with the new Michelin PSS. I know some think that the RE050A is still a comparable tire, but that is not the case in my experience on the track or the street. The PSS is FAR more superior.

All in all it was a great track weekend, awesome track, good weather, and a cool friend from Club Lexus. Couldnt have asked for more.

NOW I need to go and try to clean the filth and dead grasshoppers off the car.

Sorry about the video quality with this video. Its done using and iPhone app lap timer that overlays video and GPS info

Old 10-12-14, 06:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Some pics ......
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-574070743.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-2762264636.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-3866910106.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-3587050585.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-2716162470.png  

Old 10-12-14, 11:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Just ordered some prints for the garage and man cave
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-417631559.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-1608887467.png  
Old 10-13-14, 07:27 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool. Did you do any track prep for the F?
Old 10-13-14, 08:29 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Very cool. Did you do any track prep for the F?
New Michelin PSS , 30k service with differential service, and 2 layers of fresh wax and polish to look good for the photos lol. I notified a photographer I wanted pics so wanted her looking good and did the service with fresh tires bec I wanted her at her top performance. The PSS killed it. They didn't even make a peep. TCS didn't come on once !!!! I'm sold on the PSS . In my book ye REO50As are just dated and no longer in he same league as he PSS .
Old 10-13-14, 08:33 AM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you had fun at the track , thanks for sharing the video.
Old 10-13-14, 03:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Three track days in 5 months . Thats got to be an ISF forum high if not one of the highest. Very happy to own an ISF and to do some track time in it. When I traded my beautiful LS460 I did it with the firm intention of doing track days and having some fun with the car. I think this car is too good to just drive around town, to the mall , and the occasional blast on the freeway onramp .
Old 10-13-14, 04:16 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

looks like a great great time man, and nice pics too, lookin good

sounds like you are becoming a real track junkie, ha. and a believer in the pss's, glad they performed well for ya. just curious, did you notice how much tread you lost after your track day?
Old 10-13-14, 04:16 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not quite the record I8ABMR. I had 3 in 2 months. Good job on the driving.
Old 10-13-14, 05:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by scamsel
looks like a great great time man, and nice pics too, lookin good

sounds like you are becoming a real track junkie, ha. and a believer in the pss's, glad they performed well for ya. just curious, did you notice how much tread you lost after your track day?
Its great fun. The tires held up well but as usual had a little of the scrub and wear on the shoulders. I can take some pics.

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
Not quite the record I8ABMR. I had 3 in 2 months. Good job on the driving.
Dude, you are hardcore. Ok ok......you got the record . Still pretty damn good compared to all
Old 10-13-14, 07:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Just downloaded these
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-3104439893.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-4014110184.png  
Old 10-14-14, 01:56 PM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

INDE Raceway in Wilcox was definitely a blast. Thanks again for the invite I8ABMR. I will definitely be at the next track event. So addicting!!!!

Wasn't exactly cheap for me cause right before the track day I put a pair of new rear tires, fresh iridium spark plugs for all 8 (that was a pain in the ***), and a fresh oil change but it was well worth it for piece of mind. My new tires did take a little bit of a beating cause there was quite a few hard turns and the F is a little heavy. My instructor was surprised by my ISF abilitly so he let be push hard.

For anybody who hasn't tracked their ride and are contemplating it, I highly recommend giving it a try. I've done some 1/4 mile track stuff, small club drift events, and also small club auto cross in large closed parking lots in my previous cars but actually hitting a real race track is a TOTALLY different experience. What a rush!
Old 10-14-14, 04:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blzn335
INDE Raceway in Wilcox was definitely a blast. Thanks again for the invite I8ABMR. I will definitely be at the next track event. So addicting!!!!

Wasn't exactly cheap for me cause right before the track day I put a pair of new rear tires, fresh iridium spark plugs for all 8 (that was a pain in the ***), and a fresh oil change but it was well worth it for piece of mind. My new tires did take a little bit of a beating cause there was quite a few hard turns and the F is a little heavy. My instructor was surprised by my ISF abilitly so he let be push hard.

For anybody who hasn't tracked their ride and are contemplating it, I highly recommend giving it a try. I've done some 1/4 mile track stuff, small club drift events, and also small club auto cross in large closed parking lots in my previous cars but actually hitting a real race track is a TOTALLY different experience. What a rush!
Right on buddy !! It was a pleasure hitting the track together. It cost me a lot too. I ended getting 4 new tires, 30 k service, and some recording goodies like camera mounts. I probably dropped 2k getting the car ready for this event ( maint. and servicing it ). I wanted the car to be tip top for the track. Between the new PSS tires and the service the car felt great. TCS didn't come on once. I will admit it felt heavier on this track that at any point I have ever driven the car. Those turns at INDE were sharp as hell and with you riding with an instructor its not going to help make the car handle better at the limit
Old 10-15-14, 04:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Got some cool pics too
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-3634328164.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-1321308950.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-1527739291.png   I8ABMR's ISF at INDE Motorsports Ranch-image-1335138732.png  
Old 10-15-14, 09:40 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool! Looks like it was a blast!