IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2014 IS350 FSport for 2012 ISF???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 03:18 PM
is3FIFTY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 IS350 FSport for 2012 ISF???

I own a 14' 350 Fsport and love the look of the car but recently got into my buddy's ISF and now I want one!!!!! Wanted some opinions on if I should go through with the purchase or should I back off.
Old 10-11-14, 03:25 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes Buy mine
Old 10-11-14, 06:31 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Did u at least test drive car? If so, whats the verdict? If i were u, its a YEs.
Old 10-11-14, 09:57 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U know u want it so take it , its yours F for life lolz
Old 10-11-14, 10:14 PM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would take the "real F" any day....but all depend on what you want out of the car...
Old 10-11-14, 10:23 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I took a few '14 IS350's for test drives, including F-sport, and AWD executive (fully loaded Cnd version). They were nice cars. They handled well and had pretty good acceleration. For me the F-sport addition was ok but it wasn't compelling enough to just jump out and buy it. I found that the fully loaded version was really nice but here in Canada it fully loaded means its also AWD not RWD. AWD was ok but again not quite what I wanted.

The ISF is just in a different league. Way more power and better handling. Plus the interior has real leather while the new IS's have Nuluxe (fake leather. That was a bit of turn off. I was considering a dealer demo until I saw that the Nuluxe a bit scratched and it just didn't look right to me.

The thing about the ISF is more about it's special and unique character.

If somebody has to convince you to buy an ISF you probably shouldn't be buying it. It's a car that serves specific purposes. One is bragging rights, if you are into that sort of thing. Another is that it gives a thrill that cannot be matched by at least 95% of the cars on the street. Again you have to be into that sort of thing. Finally if you are into motorsports or tracking, its a great turnkey car right out of the gate.

I passed on the 2014 Is350 and bought a Lexus CPO 2012 ISF for pretty much the same price.
Old 10-12-14, 05:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

ive found nuluxe to be superior to the real leather: more scratch and wrinkle resistant, grippier. When I got back in my 2IS to drive it, it felt like I was slipping around in the seats. Thats why later ISF had alcantara to give additional grip, but alcantara doesnt breath and it gets sweaty.

went through a similar decision before getting the 3IS when I had my 06 IS350. Eventually decided on 3IS when I realized that the F would be 80% the same car as my 06.
Old 10-12-14, 06:39 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newgsman
I took a few '14 IS350's for test drives, including F-sport, and AWD executive (fully loaded Cnd version). They were nice cars. They handled well and had pretty good acceleration. For me the F-sport addition was ok but it wasn't compelling enough to just jump out and buy it. I found that the fully loaded version was really nice but here in Canada it fully loaded means its also AWD not RWD. AWD was ok but again not quite what I wanted.

The ISF is just in a different league. Way more power and better handling. Plus the interior has real leather while the new IS's have Nuluxe (fake leather. That was a bit of turn off. I was considering a dealer demo until I saw that the Nuluxe a bit scratched and it just didn't look right to me.

The thing about the ISF is more about it's special and unique character.

If somebody has to convince you to buy an ISF you probably shouldn't be buying it. It's a car that serves specific purposes. One is bragging rights, if you are into that sort of thing. Another is that it gives a thrill that cannot be matched by at least 95% of the cars on the street. Again you have to be into that sort of thing. Finally if you are into motorsports or tracking, its a great turnkey car right out of the gate.

I passed on the 2014 Is350 and bought a Lexus CPO 2012 ISF for pretty much the same price.
In the same boat, I couldn't of said it better!
Old 10-12-14, 06:52 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by is3FIFTY
I own a 14' 350 Fsport and love the look of the car but recently got into my buddy's ISF and now I want one!!!!! Wanted some opinions on if I should go through with the purchase or should I back off.
Depends on the financial implications as well. Do you have a loan on the car? typically when you trade/sell a car with a loan in the first year or two you tend to lose a fair amount of money
Old 10-12-14, 10:40 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Depends on the financial implications as well. Do you have a loan on the car? typically when you trade/sell a car with a loan in the first year or two you tend to lose a fair amount of money
Unless he's leasing I would just stay with the 350 being Joe new the car is!
Old 10-12-14, 05:46 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I say DO IT!

Once you have the F in your head, nothing else will do.

For myself, when I was shopping for a new car to replace my Prius a year ago, I could not warm up to the 3IS (looks and interior) so I chose a 2011 IS350. Admittedly, I've never driven an IS-F before, it did pop in my mind from time to time but like 4TehNguyen I also thought the IS-F was just 80 percent like my IS350, but with worse gas mileage and higher insurance...lol.

BOY was I wrong.... a month ago I test drove a 2012 IS-F for the first time properly and WOW, where have you been all my life IS-F? The suspension feel, the steering, the power, the brakes, the driving dynamics feel like a totally different car. It was LEAGUES better than the regular 2IS, it drove better than the E90 M3's I was cross shopping. It was all over from there, I had to have it so I traded my IS350 in and lost $10k for 6 months of ownership. It was soooo worth it

On a side note, seems like I'm getting about the same gas mileage as my IS350 in the F, about 22-23mpg average(Thank you 8 speed) and my insurance only went up $120 a year.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 10-12-14 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 06:00 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
ive found nuluxe to be superior to the real leather: more scratch and wrinkle resistant, grippier. When I got back in my 2IS to drive it, it felt like I was slipping around in the seats. Thats why later ISF had alcantara to give additional grip, but alcantara doesnt breath and it gets sweaty.
Huh..? Alcantara doesn't breath and gets sweaty? That's the first I've heard that..

For me, I've owned over 20 cars since I started driving and a large percentage of them had alcantara and leather.

I found alcantara "breathes" much better than leather, I would get sweaty much quicker on leather and alcantara just feels much more comfortable on long road trips. It also doesn't get as hot in the summer nor cold in the winter.

The only "negative" I have to say about alcantara is because of it's grippy nature, it makes my body produce a static charge quite often. I would get 'shocked" on dry days much more than leather.
Old 10-12-14, 11:34 PM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a much harder decision since you already have the new 350 F Sport....... I'd just stick to the 350 F Sport then reassess your options when it's time for another new car.

I love my IS-F to bits, but I'm sure you can really wake up your 350 F Sport with some simple bolt on's.
Old 10-13-14, 07:19 AM
Pole Position

no comparison imo. one is a car for secretaries, the other is a proper full fat performance car.
Old 10-14-14, 04:09 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
I say DO IT!

Once you have the F in your head, nothing else will do.

For myself, when I was shopping for a new car to replace my Prius a year ago, I could not warm up to the 3IS (looks and interior) so I chose a 2011 IS350. Admittedly, I've never driven an IS-F before, it did pop in my mind from time to time but like 4TehNguyen I also thought the IS-F was just 80 percent like my IS350, but with worse gas mileage and higher insurance...lol.

BOY was I wrong.... a month ago I test drove a 2012 IS-F for the first time properly and WOW, where have you been all my life IS-F? The suspension feel, the steering, the power, the brakes, the driving dynamics feel like a totally different car. It was LEAGUES better than the regular 2IS, it drove better than the E90 M3's I was cross shopping. It was all over from there, I had to have it so I traded my IS350 in and lost $10k for 6 months of ownership. It was soooo worth it

On a side note, seems like I'm getting about the same gas mileage as my IS350 in the F, about 22-23mpg average(Thank you 8 speed) and my insurance only went up $120 a year.
bingo!

Quick Reply: 2014 IS350 FSport for 2012 ISF???