IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky Headers CEL after JE Import Install

Old 10-06-14, 10:39 PM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikky Headers CEL after JE Import Install

So about 2 weeks ago I took my 2010 ISF to JE Import to get Sikky Headers installed on my car. As many of you know JE Import is the headquarters of sikky. The reason I went to them was to avoid the issues that i am about to describe.

After JE completed my header install I reset my Odometer... and about 100 miles later I got CEL + VSC light. I figured it was a result of me driving the car to hard while the car was still learning. So I pulled the two fuses in the car to reset the ECU. I again reset my Odometer and 100 miles later again CEL+VSC.

The following day I brought my car to a shop to get the codes read and the exhaust checked for any leaks… No leaks were found but the codes that came up were P0137 and P0157 (low 02 sensor voltage on the left and right side). So I spoke with JE on the phone and they stated that it must be an issue with the 02 simulator because the secondary o2 sensors are no longer there.

So i drove an hour and a half back Baltimore. They diagnosed the car and said i had a faulty 02 simulator.. when they scanned the O2 simulator they said it was getting random spikes in voltage that was triggering the CEL VSC light (I have never had a CEL before this install nor any electrical issues).. Once the new simulator had installed i reset my odometer and i was on my merry way. After about 600 miles of driving I yet again have CEL+VSC light, despite a JE Sikky install (supposedly the best at installing these headers). I am at a loss because it is quite a hike for me to get something done that could be as minor as disconnecting the battery or tightening up the flanges which JE said didn't need to be done.

Do any of you have any recommendations or similar experiences.. I have read several other threads and the responses drop off and I never hear about peoples resolved issues.

-Do you think disconnecting the battery is more beneficial then just an ECU reset?

-Also I was thinking maybe JE didn't fully clear the code when they performed the o2 simulator reset?(and its picking up and old code)

-JE stated the o2 were not stripped during install and were in good condition

-Apparently the flanges and bolts are secure according the JE and a local shop

I would really appreciate the help guys.

Tomorrow morning I am going to get these codes scanned and see what JE says I will get back to you on both

Thanks again
Old 10-07-14, 07:46 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

I would just keep resetting the ecu for awhile.
Old 10-07-14, 08:42 AM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Originally Posted by yjk1975
I would just keep resetting the ecu for awhile.
Is that what you did? Do you have to drive normally for the learning period? I got the code checked this morning and it came up P0139.
Old 10-07-14, 09:17 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would just reset it until u get the time to check it out with JE
Old 10-07-14, 09:20 AM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Well I cleared the code. I just got off the phone with JE advised me to unplug the battery to do a hard reset they said they have never seen this issue.
Old 10-07-14, 07:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Have you tried contacting sikky? PPE always seems to help their customers with these situations. If not there are close to two dozen threads here with people with CEL issues after header install . Im sure someone can give you some direction.
Old 10-07-14, 08:23 PM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Have you tried contacting sikky? PPE always seems to help their customers with these situations. If not there are close to two dozen threads here with people with CEL issues after header install . Im sure someone can give you some direction.
I spoke with sikky (JE imports) they advised me to disconnect the battery. I just hope I don't have to take another hour and a half drive back to Baltimore.
Old 10-07-14, 08:25 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

5k miles with headers nothing with lights so far also installed at JE, but i do have a rubbing issue and its annoying but they say its normal...
Old 10-07-14, 08:50 PM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusISF19
5k miles with headers nothing with lights so far also installed at JE, but i do have a rubbing issue and its annoying but they say its normal...
I also have a little vibration I noticed when the weather was cold the other morning. Do you also have joe z exhaust? How long did you wait for your car to learn headers? or did you just start rippin it right away?
Old 10-08-14, 06:26 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

The ECM starts learning in seconds after you start the engine. Once it is up to full temperature (coolant over 182F) short term fuel trim is in full swing. Don't beat on it cold, but there's no need to wait long to start using the new power.

Also, FWIW, I would never disconnect the battery to reset the ECM. I'd just pull the fuses. Too much other stuff gets whacked by pulling the battery.
Old 10-08-14, 07:47 AM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The ECM starts learning in seconds after you start the engine. Once it is up to full temperature (coolant over 182F) short term fuel trim is in full swing. Don't beat on it cold, but there's no need to wait long to start using the new power.

Also, FWIW, I would never disconnect the battery to reset the ECM. I'd just pull the fuses. Too much other stuff gets whacked by pulling the battery.
Oh ok thanks lobux I always learn stuff from you. You're an asset to this community. I will keep you updated on progress. I just think it's bizarre that I am getting CEL. I did check for Leah's so did JE. They also said my 02 sensors were in good condition. Maybe just a dormant code in the system.
Old 10-08-14, 08:00 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I am only lucky to stand on the shoulders of giants. Thanks for the kudos, the real credit goes to Reg Riemer of RCTS Canada. He educated the whole Supra community long before I got my subscription to TIS and found the official Toyota training. ST and LT fuel trims go all the way back to the first TCCS in the 1980s. It is truly amazing the vision Toyota's engineers had when they built those first systems.
Old 10-08-14, 07:49 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

Dupshaw123, this is Eric. We had our Sikky header installed on that same day. I dont know why you're exeperiencing all these probs. The second i rolled out that shop, i pushed it without hesitation. I have not seen any code at all. Although i dont DD my car but for the past week i put at least 100 miles per day for the whole week. No code. Goodluck bro
Old 10-09-14, 09:18 AM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
Dupshaw123, this is Eric. We had our Sikky header installed on that same day. I dont know why you're exeperiencing all these probs. The second i rolled out that shop, i pushed it without hesitation. I have not seen any code at all. Although i dont DD my car but for the past week i put at least 100 miles per day for the whole week. No code. Goodluck bro
Thanks for the encouragement Eric I will keep you updated…

Hey Lobux is the short term fuel trim "learning" every time that car is started up during a cold start for example or is it just during the initial learning period after a reset?
Old 10-09-14, 09:25 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

ST is constantly learning. As soon as you hit closed loop, it is active. ST impacts LT, and when you got WOT, LT is used to correct the factory maps because ST isn't active at any throttle position over 78%.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sikky Headers CEL after JE Import Install