IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE header installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-14, 03:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
When did PPE do this? Mine is unlikely to have it, just to prevent future problem.. I would like to know the exact model/size/length of the heat sleeves that PPE used and a url to buy it would be great.
This was posted by PPE in early October:

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
We just got the shielding in, I think the last two orders got the heat shielding. It is Thermo-Flex which can be purchased from Summit or Jegs. It takes about 18" per harness.
Lou
Old 11-25-14, 03:59 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thermo-Flex.. I been checking other heat shields.. does anyone know the "size", the length is 18" per harness. I am guessing the size is 1" ?
Old 11-25-14, 05:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^From another related post:

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
We use the 5/8"
Lou
Old 11-25-14, 07:54 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Don't be scared about getting them installed, 99% of the people with issues were due to them melting the 02 extensions or cutting/damaging an 02 sensor by accident. Heres a link to a pic during my install of a bracket that needs to be removed during install, if not it won't allow the 02 extensions to be routed far enough away from the header to prevent them from melting or pulling a wire loose.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tallation.html

Also, like previous posts mention, get yourself a set of Denso 02 senors because the ones currently on your car usually they get welded in place, and will break when trying to remove them. If you need a set, I have some extras in the classified section. You may get away with not needing them, but if your car is on the lift and all taken apart and they break, you're at the mercy of a dealer who charges an arm and a leg for them.
I would interested in those O2 sensors if I get these headers. I'm still on the fence, but more than likely to get them this time around. I put it off long enough. Where could I get them in case you sell yours before I get around to deciding on them? Thanks again for the advice.
Old 11-25-14, 09:28 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EpikOEM
I would interested in those O2 sensors if I get these headers. I'm still on the fence, but more than likely to get them this time around. I put it off long enough. Where could I get them in case you sell yours before I get around to deciding on them? Thanks again for the advice.
Sent you a pm!